EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Enclave fans, I just wanted to pass on what was a great resource for pricing out Enclaves (better than Edmunds or Cars.com). Costco has an automotive buying guide that lets you pick the model and then your options to show you a pretty accurate invoice pricing. The link can be found here http://www.costcoauto.com/carresearch/index.asp

In my decision process I actually submitted my vehicle and a Costco dealer contacted me a few days later. Essentially there deal was $1000 over invoice (not a bad price but I thought I could do better). So with a little searching I came across a mega dealer that I ordered one today for $300 Under invoice. :thumb: I'm glad to finally be done with the process and now I join the rest of you waiters... :)

Anyway here's what I ordered: FWD CXL Enclave, Cocoa Metallic/Cashmere, 7 Seat, Ent #1, Chrome pkg, Driver Conf, Luxury pkg... Ordered for $300 under Invoice for $35846.78

Anyway, let me know if that is helpful... (Now I get to bug my dealer until it comes... ;D )

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: Costco has an excellant buying guide

ok, so who is the megga dealer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

In the NW, we have a mega-dealer (GM & Dodge) that thrives on volume, Dave Smith Motors out of Kellogg, ID (I know Kellogg is a pretty small town but they sell in volume). Literally people from all over the country fly in to buy wholesale and get their vehicle from these guys. I've known about them for years but this was the first time I actually gave them a shot. Adam Willcocks was my rep and did a great job taking care of me. He can be reached at 800-635-8000 ext 1100, [email protected] Make sure you tell him that Todd B. referred you if you call. I was impressed on how they took care of me. So good so far.

On the Chrome package it's code is PCX and includes C3U, power-tilt sunroof, and the P65 19" Chrome Aluminum wheels. Hope this helps... Let me know if you have any other questions because this is what's great about this forum, helping each other out...Todd

·
Registered
214 Posts

sarends said:
And what is the "Chrome Package"?
See Attached

Wayne

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
This is the best explanation of the chrome package I have seen. Thank you for posting it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys!
I decided to try the Costco thing, used my employee's card number and got a call today from a really nice dealer.. they are a couple hours from here. Said he could try to find one for me or I could order one for $800 over invoice. That is MUCH better than the $350 under MSRP that I was offered here in Orlando.. He also said he would work out a deal to take my old lease back, something the dealer here was not interested in doing. I am going to call him back in a couple days so I can think about it.. I think it may be the best I can do around here, (I don't have a GMS pricing deal). I should be able to get the 1K conquest rebate which will put me under invoice,if they are still offering it. I may be able to get this car afterall. The big decision for me now is the entertainment package.. I had wanted the #3, but if I go with #1 it will really put me back into the monthly payment range that I want.. so I have to decide if the Nav and backup camera is worth the 20-40$ per month that it will cost me.. I just don't know.. I have a good sense of direction and almost never get lost, it's more something like a toy that I want to play with.. I probably could live without it.. and could always add a $400 portable one anyway... decisions decisions.. But anyway, thumbs up for the Costco program, guess I will have to head over there and actually buy a membership now!

R

·
0 Posts
jackiemd said:
Hey guys!
I decided to try the Costco thing, used my employee's card number and got a call today from a really nice dealer.. they are a couple hours from here. Said he could try to find one for me or I could order one for $800 over invoice. That is MUCH better than the $350 under MSRP that I was offered here in Orlando.. He also said he would work out a deal to take my old lease back, something the dealer here was not interested in doing. I am going to call him back in a couple days so I can think about it.. I think it may be the best I can do around here, (I don't have a GMS pricing deal). I should be able to get the 1K conquest rebate which will put me under invoice,if they are still offering it. I may be able to get this car afterall. The big decision for me now is the entertainment package.. I had wanted the #3, but if I go with #1 it will really put me back into the monthly payment range that I want.. so I have to decide if the Nav and backup camera is worth the 20-40$ per month that it will cost me.. I just don't know.. I have a good sense of direction and almost never get lost, it's more something like a toy that I want to play with.. I probably could live without it.. and could always add a $400 portable one anyway... decisions decisions.. But anyway, thumbs up for the Costco program, guess I will have to head over there and actually buy a membership now!
ok if it is only a 20-40 dollar a month difference than i say go for it, i thought it was a 100-150 difference.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
go for it jackie.... the back up camera is important because you cannot see a small child w/o it.... its not only a cool toy but it is a safety issue as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine with the Costco rebate ... now, IF I could take delivery while the conquest rebate is on, I'd be a happier Enclave customer !!!

BTW, that was in Pembroke Pines, the only other Buick dealer that works with Costco in Florida is in Bonita Springs (southwest coast).

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi "me", cute name... the Costco dealer that I spoke to was in Palm Harbor, which is somewhere between Tampa and Crystal River. I think I will work out the numbers to see what the cost per month will be for the ent package I want.. I agree that for safety it would be good to have the back up camera. I was just guessing what the cost would be, maybe I am wrong.. Anyone heard if the conquest rebate will really end in Sept? They said it would end in July too but it didn't.. I'm hoping it lasts in case I have to order (again!)

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
MsS42 said:
go for it jackie.... the back up camera is important because you cannot see a small child w/o it.... its not only a cool toy but it is a safety issue as well.
I double that, I felt like wasting so much money just for the backup camera, but NAV is pretty handy too. I have driven the vehicle about 2300 miles in just one month! and took several road trips ranging from 100 to 300 miles, all without printing any directions or carrying maps. So sure it is helpful, more than the navigation part, I like the POI - Point of Interest. You can select the type of restaurants you like such as italian, mexican, Kosher etc, ATM, Gas, Parks, it even has the phone numbers so you can call them ahead of time if you need reservation or just to find their hours of operations.

I love the camera, specially when I m parallel parking, it gives me more room since I can backup hair close to the vehicle behind me and then move it forward to straighten it out.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
the enclave is excluded from the costco car buying program due to high demand.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey MS... what are you talking about? I talked to the dealer on Monday and he didn't say anything about that.. is that in California or nationwide? That would be VERY bad news for me!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
this is what the dealer sent to me:

Vehicle Information

Buick
Enclave

Immediate
Attention
Required
The customer was informed that this model is currently excluded from the Costco Auto Program. They requested to contact your dealership knowing that this model is excluded.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, I don't know what that means for me... when I pull up the car on the Costco site it doesn't say anything about it being excluded. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what he says but I'm not going to offer him that information!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
jackie,

i didnt see that either.... i got a strange feeling when she told me that.... possible cut and paste job.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, I talked to this dealer in Palm Harbor ,near Tampa and he still has NO PROBLEM with the Costco discount. He is offering about $1400 under MRSP on the car I am looking at ordering. So, I think I will drive over there on Tuesday and hopefully order (AGAIN!). He says that they will work out a deal to take my old leased car (Yeah!), and that I am probably looking at early November which is still fine with me, my lease is through the end of December. I still cannot decide what to do about the darn entertainment system... the difference between getting pkg #3 or getting no ent pkg (my second choice) is about $70 per month on a lease payment.. I know it's just a tank and a half of gas, but it seems like a lot to pay for a backup camera and a nav... my current car has an awful rear view and I have gotten really good at backing it up and parking it.. I just can't decide!!! I do this every time I get a new car.. I decide I'm gonna get what I want and then I "cheap out" at the end. Well, I have till Tuesday to decide.. hopefully this visit goes better than the visit to the last dealer, especially since it is about a 2 hour drive each way!

jackie

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i will try again

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would double-check on the Enclave being excluded from the Costco auto buying program. It may be now, but it wasn't when I ordered mine on July 1st. My Enclave was delivered to California on October 2nd, and the Costco price I received at the time of delivery, and was quoted upon ordering was $700 over invoice.
It's the 2nd vehicle I've purchased through Costco's program (the first being in '99) and it's a great, no hassle program.
One of these days I'll try to get pictures posted, but I am in love with this car. Every day for the 2 weeks I've had it, I sit an extra 5 minutes in the driveway learning something new about it, and I've had people stop me (in the Costco parking lot of all places!!!! -- the irony just dawned on me) asking me about it and telling me how beautiful it is.

Ming Blue Enclave CXL, FWD
Titanium interior
Entertainment pkg. 4
Sunroof
Towing pkg.
Luxury pkg.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts