EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm rolling down the road with the windows up & radio muted or off (in other words, quiet). There is a creaking sound coming from the rear when ever I go over a bump or shift in the road.

It may be in the liftgate or plastic on plastic movement somewhere back there. Other than it being an annoyance, I can play the radio and not hear it. But I know it's still there & I don't always have the radio up loud enough to drown it out.

Can anyone give me some ideas on the source of this stubborn sound? I've put someone in the 3rd seat to try & locate it, but to no avail.

It was there even before it got cold. I'm about to take it into the dealer. :banghead:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are your headpnones in the door pocket? I was hearing that til I turned them upside down so they don't rattle.
DH has a creak/groan in his new Chrysler that is exactly as you describe. Drives me crazy, but he claims not to hear it :eek:hno: It is definitely a plastic on plastic rubbing...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Have you checked the storage bins in the rear portion of the vehicle? Could there be something in them rolling around?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the same sound and the first thing I checked was the rear compartment, cleared it ou. no joy, still the noise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Found the noise!!!

Wife was driving so I decided to ride in the 3rd row. Heard it as soon as we started on the road. I opened the Jack compartment and the noise got noticeably louder. I placed my hand on the jack, and the noise stopped. I will have to go back and tighten the jack or see what the issue is with some daylight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts