EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Black2009 said:
I have a set of Firestone LE2's and have about 12,000km (7400 miles) on them and they are great.

Quiet, good in snow I would highly recommend them!
I have several thousand miles on my Tribeca's Firestone Destination LE2s, and I've been very impressed. Though I haven't driven the car in snow since the Firestones were mounted, I'm betting that they will be great in the snow (for an all season tire) due to the heavy use of snow sipes. If these tires do well in snow and prove to be long-lasting, then they will turn out to be a real winner for Firestone.

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
I have had virtually no appreciable driving time in the snow with my Tribeca's Firestone Destination LE2s, but they seemed to have gripped well on the two or three snow covered streets that I've experienced with them so far. Most of the recent snowfall from the "Blizzard of 2017" had been plowed to dry asphalt by the time I'd gotten a chance to drive. I'm guessing that there was only about 6" of snow, but it was a very windy event. Anyway, I did get to test the stopping grip and the lateral grip during a couple of turns on a few patches of remaining snow, but that's about it. Both seemed very good. I know that is not a comprehensive test, but I'm under the impression that the Destination LE2s would be at least as competent in snow and overall as the highly satisfactory General Grabber HTSs that they replaced last year. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
21,166 Posts
Now, on to my Audi Q3's Pirelli Verde All Season tires. Unlike my extremely limited snow experience with my Destination LE2s, I have had some time with the Pirellis in up to 6" of snow. They have performed very well, and actually handled a sudden evasive maneuver to avoid a sliding oncoming car with aplomb. During one snow event, there was a coating of ice beneath the snow, so the road conditions were particularly slick. Nevertheless, the Pirelli Verde AS kept the car stable and in control. I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi! I have the same tire but with the Plus. Wear is excellent, even after 2 rotations and almost 2 years. The traction is very good, even though they are not a snow tire they act very well. Will buy these again, anytime..

·
Registered
81 Posts
(y)(y) for the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus (H speed rated)!! Replaced my OE Michelin Latitudes with these December 2018, and I've put 8,000 miles on them since. At about 25% tread depth, the Michelins were scary slick on wet roads, but always very quiet and smooth running. Bought the P's at my Buick dealer, only because I got $100 credit and free mounting and balancing using my GM BuyPower card. Out the door they were just north of $700. Unfortunately, the dealer mounted them backwards and screwed up the balancing. Had to pay the large national tire chain another $40 to make 'em right.

As for the tires, they are smooth as glass when balanced properly, and they've got killer good looks. But they're pretty loud on swept concrete and rough-surface asphalt. Traction and cornering are great, as well. They don't like to be counter-balanced, though. If and when they are re-balanced, all the old weights should be stripped off first. I had them rotated a couple of weeks ago, and the shop only counter balanced them. I immediately went on a 600-mile road trip, and all four tires vibrated between 60 and 80. Save yourself the aggravation, and have them balanced correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have had Bridgestone 422's on my 2011 Enclave for several years, 62k+ miles. Need replacing now, but have been very happy with them, a lot of winter driving where I live. As a reference, I put a set of Cooper CS4's on my son's Malibu in 2015, was not impressed with the lifespan/wear on them; replaced them (right before he traded the car, of course) at just over 40K miles.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts