EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to vent

I have been reading this forum for about 8 weeks and got a lot of good info. It helped me make my decision as I was evaluating the Enclave, The Highlander and the Vera Cruz. What tipped the scale was when I saw a red jewel glistening in the sun. My last three pickups were brights red and I knew that was the car for me.

I custom ordered on 1/10/08 because the dealer could not find anything within 300 miles that fit my requirements. Last week I asked for a status report and he said that my order was picked up on allocation. After reading these forums i saw that persons who ordered 1/7/2008 and 1/15/2008 were informed by their dealers that they received an invoice for their vehicle. That prompted me to email my dealer asking for a status report. He came back with the fact that my car is sitting at 1100. My car is going nowhere fast. I didn't believe the 6 to 8 weeks that I was told and really was thinking 8 -10 weeks, leaning on 12 weeks.

The dealer is supposed to be talking to the manufacturer's rep when he comes in Tues or Wed to see if they can jump start my car. If they can't help me I just may take a serious look at the Acura or some other non-GM produst

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to hear that falmer. I was the one who ordered on 1/7/2008. I just got a call today and my dealer said my Enclave is in. We are picking it up tomorrow. I am guessing that your dealer didnt have an allocation when he said he did. Our dealer has been great to work with. My only advice is, that everyone on this website says it is worth the wait. I will find out tomorrow if it is. I am guessing they are right. Good luck, I hope your dealer calls soon and tells you that your enclave has been built. :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Falmer,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, an order can sit at 1100 for a long time, depending on how many Enclaves the dealer has earned. GM changed the way they are allocating them recently so you can only earn new ones if you sell what you have. Lower volume dealers may only earn 1 or 2 Enclaves a month, and if they have others in the queue ahead of yours, you may be waiting awhile. For example, we had one that the customer ordered on 1/26 and it was delivered last Friday (2/15)!! That's exceptional turn-around time, but we've been earning anywhere from 8-12 per month, so they get picked up quickly.

Things are starting to loosten up a bit, but the timing really depends on your dealer and how they manage their inventory. Good luck with your wait-it WILL be worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to PLATINUMCL AND TRALFAZ for their input.

I talked with the dealer this AM. He talked to the manufacturer's rep and received info(on hard copy) that they will receive one allocation on March 13 for an Enclave. He could not explain to me why I had to wait so long nor why he told me on FEB 7 that an allocation was applied to my order but was not really the case. I told him I was upset because the system does not seem to be working as I expected. If it hadn't been for my wife I would have said the **** with it even though the Enclave is the best vehicle around that satisfies my wants. I still don't understand why some folks can get an Enclave in 5 to 6 weeks and I have to wait 9 weeks to even get an opportunity to buy a vehicle. GM must have a favorite dealer process and the **** with the rest of them. And GM wonders why buyers go elsewhere.

We'll see what happens on Mar 13.

Ordered a RedCXL AWD with ent#3,confidence,luxury,tow, 7 seats

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Yes I agree. Without completely understanding the entire system, the dealers that sell the most, get the most allocations. When I waited 14 weeks for mine, I was trying to figure out why they did not just do a first come first serve basis. The dealer sends in the order, it gets put on the list and is built in its turn. Instead they have this allocation system that is unfair to those of us living in rural areas that purchase from the smaller dealer with smaller allotments for vehicles.

Having said all of that, it is worth the wait. When I saw mine waiting for me after the 14 week wait, I could not help but smile.
The wait is very hard though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
falmer,
I just received my Enclave two days ago. It is definately worth the wait. I never expected it to be this nice. I have drove it everywhere the last two days and could not be more happy. I think the reason we got our car so quick was that our dealership is one of the biggest Enclave dealers in the state. They get new ones in all the time. Mine was their first WDT with Ebony leather. Good luck with your order.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
PLATINUMENCL said:
Mine was their first WDT with Ebony leather.
Good choice :thumb: Just stay away from mine.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
falmer, it is very hard to wait. I don't know why the dealers are still saying 6 to 8 weeks. A salesman just told some friends of mine the same thing two days ago. My salesman said the same thing last August. Since I'd been hanging out with this rowdy crowd, I knew it was probably not a correct estimate, and indeed I had to wait 10 weeks. The process does seem to go quickly once you get a build week, tho. Wouldn't it be better to tell you it'll be 8 to 12 weeks and then surprise you with an early delivery, if that were to be?

My advice is to wait for it. You will be very, very happy with it, believe me. Decide to go with your wife's view and make these weeks "sweet anticipation" inside of "stressful" because they weren't 100% honest. Do you like the guys you ordered from? If they don't treat you right there is always the GM survery, to let them know.

Now....take a deep breathe, in...hold...and out... 8) ...you will look soooooo coooool.
[/color]

·
Registered
161 Posts
cRaZyRoSiTa said:
falmer, it is very hard to wait. I don't know why the dealers are still saying 6 to 8 weeks. A salesman just told some friends of mine the same thing two days ago. My salesman said the same thing last August. Since I'd been hanging out with this rowdy crowd, I knew it was probably not a correct estimate, and indeed I had to wait 10 weeks. The process does seem to go quickly once you get a build week, tho. Wouldn't it be better to tell you it'll be 8 to 12 weeks and then surprise you with an early delivery, if that were to be?

That is the difference between the perspective of an implementer and a salesman. The implementor would rather
undercommit and overdeliver == while the salesperson is concerned about loosing the sale and realizes
once you've signed on -- "asking for forgiveness is far easier than permission".

Hard to blame them really -- let's assume you take the loyalty perspective -- how often do you buy? every 3-8 years????
How often is that salesman going to be around to take your next order? Nada!

M (an implementor)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
txhokie4life said:
That is the difference between the perspective of an implementer and a salesman. The implementor would rather
undercommit and overdeliver == while the salesperson is concerned about loosing the sale and realizes
once you've signed on -- "asking for forgiveness is far easier than permission".

Hard to blame them really -- let's assume you take the loyalty perspective -- how often do you buy? every 3-8 years????
How often is that salesman going to be around to take your next order? Nada!

M (an implementor)
You are indeed correct! And if one salesman is offering 6 to 8 weeks, you will go with him rather than the guy probably being more truthful, right?! Welcome, TXHokie! Like the name![/color] :welcome:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I actually had one salesman last month tell me it would be 8-20 weeks. And no, I didn't hear it wrong, this was in an email. I think there is an allocation issue going on there that he didn't want to disclose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Received a call today from Buick customer relations.

I had attempted to complain to Buick regarding my frustrations with their allocation system preventing me from getting my Enclave using the "Contact us" page of the their website. After composing my email and expressing my frustrations I pressed the send button. After some wait the email was returned as the recipient was not known. This was their website which added the recipients address. I then sent my concerns via snail mail.

The customer relations person did not say they would resolve my problem nor that they could get my Enclave built now. I was just glad that they had read my letter and responded. The representative did agree with me that I was right in my opinion that a customer who special ordered a vehicle should be considered a sold customer and should not be subject to the unfair vagaries of the allocation system but that sold customer's order should have some priority in the production process. She may have been saying kind words to me, that is part of her job. I really did not expect Buick to take any action for me to get my vehicle sooner. I just wanted Buick to know that there are problems in the process and maybe make it fairer for other buyers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just received word from my dealer. An allocation has been placed against my order. :) :) :)

It is a shame that Buick does not treat its custom order customers better. I had to wait 9 weeks for the privilege to have my order honored with an allocation while others were getting their vehicle built and delivered.. Sold customers such as I should not have to depend on a dealers allocation, after all we are buying from Buick, the dealer is just Buick's agent. The dealer and Buick both know that I am not happy with the process.

·
Registered
171 Posts
falmer said:
Just received word from my dealer. An allocation has been placed against my order. :) :) :)

It is a shame that Buick does not treat its custom order customers better. I had to wait 9 weeks for the privilege to have my order honored with an allocation while others were getting their vehicle built and delivered.. Sold customers such as I should not have to depend on a dealers allocation, after all we are buying from Buick, the dealer is just Buick's agent. The dealer and Buick both know that I am not happy with the process.
You are 100% correct, no question about it.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
falmer said:

Yes, I felt the same as I ordered from a small dealer as well. If it is of any help I waited 14 weeks for mine, and once the build process started it went very fast, had it within 2 weeks of the build week. It was worth the wait. I was on this forum complaining almost all the time about exactly what you are, hopefully they will change the system, personally I think orders should be put on a list and filled as they come up regardless of where you placed your order. This of course with the understanding that they batch some things like those waiting for WDT paint. I am OK with that, just not the allocation system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey jr7243 - Nice picture of Eli. Too bad Eli received a Cadillac Escalade instead of an Enclave for being the MVP of the Super Bowl !!

·
Registered
171 Posts
JPOW said:
Hey jr7243 - Nice picture of Eli. Too bad Eli received a Cadillac Escalade instead of an Enclave for being the MVP of the Super Bowl !!
A Giants fan from Philly??? I hope you're careful. I know NY Rangers' fans that got beat up outside Wachovia Center after a Flyers game a few years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A Giants fan from Philly??? I hope you're careful. I know NY Rangers' fans that got beat up outside Wachovia Center after a Flyers game a few years ago.
I do live in Philly but I am a New Yorker at heart having grown up in NY and lived there for 35 years. I moved to Philly almost 12 years ago but still remain a Giants season ticket holder. Yes, it can be a little interesting wearing the blue to an Eagles game but if you focus on the game and ignore the brainless comments from the Philly fans, it is fine. We took the train up to NY for the Giants victory parade from Trenton and it was amazying how many NY fans were on the train from this area. As I am waiting to order a 2009 Enclave, I hope to have it before the start of the 2009 football season so I can take it up to the Meadowlands for the Giants season opener.

·
Registered
171 Posts
JPOW said:
I do live in Philly but I am a New Yorker at heart having grown up in NY and lived there for 35 years. I moved to Philly almost 12 years ago but still remain a Giants season ticket holder. Yes, it can be a little interesting wearing the blue to an Eagles game but if you focus on the game and ignore the brainless comments from the Philly fans, it is fine. We took the train up to NY for the Giants victory parade from Trenton and it was amazying how many NY fans were on the train from this area. As I am waiting to order a 2009 Enclave, I hope to have it before the start of the 2009 football season so I can take it up to the Meadowlands for the Giants season opener.
You are brave to take you future Enclave to the swamp. I keep a "P.O.S." car around just for those types of occassions. It's good to know there are closet Giants fans in Philly. Fortunately where I live (central NJ), the Eagles fans are few and far between. However, all of the Dallas fans came out of hiding this year and they're everywhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts