EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you press for just a moment, and then let go, on the signal stalk, it gives 3 distinct signal lite flashes, while your hands are already safely back on the radio.......I mean wheel! My Caddy SRX had to be held down to give 2-3 flashes to guy behind you! I bet you guys knew this already? ;D

Love this sled more everyday!

·
Registered
344 Posts
huh?? ??? Are you talking about "flash to pass" ?? :-\ what do you mean "flashes to guy behind you" ??

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
If you press for just a moment, and then let go, on the signal stalk, it gives 3 distinct signal lite flashes, while your hands are already safely back on the radio.......I mean wheel! My Caddy SRX had to be held down to give 2-3 flashes to guy behind you! I bet you guys knew this already? ;D

Yep; it's in the owner's manual, which I read. I'm one of those weird engineers who actually takes the time to do that! :p

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Halle's mom said:
huh?? ??? Are you talking about "flash to pass" ?? :-\ what do you mean "flashes to guy behind you" ??
It flashes the turn signal three times for making lane changes. That way you don't have to leave your hand on the turn signal stalk, nor move it back to turn the signal off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually I'm glad you brought this topic up as I was going to post a questiom. Yes it's a great feature. I have it on my 06 corvette. Has any one else noticed resistance when using the "quick turn" signal. When turning left I have no problem--just a little force to the left and I get the signal. When I turn right, however I must use a lot of force to get the "3 turn" signal engaged and usually end up engaging the "full turn" signal. In the corvette a minimal pressure is needed. Not sure if the resistance in using the signal is unique to my car or have others experienced it as well?

·
Registered
758 Posts
esg said:
Actually I'm glad you brought this topic up as I was going to post a questiom. Yes it's a great feature. I have it on my 06 corvette. Has any one else noticed resistance when using the "quick turn" signal. When turning left I have no problem--just a little force to the left and I get the signal. When I turn right, however I must use a lot of force to get the "3 turn" signal engaged and usually end up engaging the "full turn" signal. In the corvette a minimal pressure is needed. Not sure if the resistance in using the signal is unique to my car or have others experienced it as well?
Yep. Same problem. Probably a defect.

TM

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
esg said:
I have exactly the same issue. I thought it might loosen up after the turn signal was used for a while.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
If you press for just a moment, and then let go, on the signal stalk, it gives 3 distinct signal lite flashes,
I guess I'm going to have to play with this. Do you mean you don't move the arm all the way until it clicks for a steady signal, you just like halfway push it and it will flash 3 times and stop? I'm gonna have to pull out the manual again. I missed that one! Sounds like a cool feature. My favorite feature right now is the mirrors automatically turning down when I'm in reverse. It's close quarters going in and out of our garage so I have to be very careful, and having the mirrors do that really helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got the same thing going on!

One way is easy as pie, the other way is hit and miss!

DEFECT

DEFECT

DEFECT!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I found this feature by accident and thought it was, you know, just the way it is -- a quirk. Didn't give it a second thought. So it's called "flash to pass"? Brings to mind an old guy wearing nothing but a raincoat.

Big Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Big Larry said:
I found this feature by accident and thought it was, you know, just the way it is -- a quirk. Didn't give it a second thought. So it's called "flash to pass"? Brings to mind an old guy wearing nothing but a raincoat.

Big Larry
[/color]
Larry:

This feature is not "flash-to-pass"; that's the headlights coming on when you pull the lights back to high beam during the daytime. This is supposed to be a convenience feature for changing lanes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, seems I'm not the onluy one with turn signal problem. Based on the responses the last six hours it seems to be fairly common defect. What's next step? I can speak to my dealer abou this but he's low volume and may not have heard of this yet. How does a TSB typically get started? Anyone on this board have a contact with GM? Does the dealer generate a complaint to GM?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes, this is a feature now on many new GM vehicles. Essentially made just for lane changes, or whatever you like, so you can lightly flick it once--and without it staying on, etc.--it will just flash 3 times.

OR, with a vehicle so equipped, when trailering mode is on, will flash 6 times. All just a nice little thought out convenience feature :thumb:

Funny enough...on all the new vehicles that have it so far, it's the SAME kind of reaction with people just randomly finding out about it and thinking "cool!".

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually had a problem with mine as well, the right turn signal worked fine but the left turn did not give the three flashes-- i had to fully engage it to get the signal to work...
I mentioned this at my first oil change (1000miles) and they had the part on site ( my guess is that they took it off an acadia that they demonstrated the feature on before checking my vehicle)
So count me in as one who also had a signal problem/quirk...

·
Registered
9 Posts
whitediamond4me: can you clarift this? DId you need a replacement turn stalk or was it a smaller part or adjustment needed? Did this resolve your problem? Thanks, Elliot

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Duh... :jaw:

Man, I'm not sure I needed to read this thread. I certainly need to read more of the manual![/color]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Elliott--

Just found the repair order--

It states: Inop signal to turn left, signal to pass. Found an internal open in turn signal switch. Replaced the turn signal switch. FP-Number 15923682 Description- Switch 2.895

Works fine on both sides now--

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Smokin SRX said:

Smokin SRX, yes , some of us knew it. Someone posted to that effect a Week or Two ago, but it's nice that you brought it up, because apparently a few people missed it. Thanks for all the Info you bring to the Forum. It helps a lot.
While I was waiting for my Enclave to arrive, the Dealer was trying to sell a instock Enclave and everytime he had a question, he would ask me, because he knew I was a Member of the Forum.
I still haven't read my Manual, because it seems like everything has been covered here. Ha. All of youse keep up the good work !

·
Registered
120 Posts
I knew about the three distinct signal flashes when not fully engaging the signal stalk. Neat feature. Since we are talking turn signals, I am curious and pose this question. Has anyone noticed that their turn signal sound, not the dash light display will occasionally drop out? I only notice this if I am enjoying the quiet ride with the radio off and am in the car by myself. So what happens is the turn signal is fully engaged, it will be blinking along with sound and light as it should and then the sound skips a beat (1x while engaged), even though the signal continues to flash on the dash. Happens left or right, turning or waiting to turn. VERY intermittent, notice it aprx. once a week. Dealer has looked at it and nothing has come up yet. Just a slight annoyance, once I got over the fact that it was not my hearing. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has any info. on this one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
and another feature I just noticed - after a full month -

there is a little padded area under the keys so they won't clank around. Now THAT'S attention to detail (swoon).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts