EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "October Orders" thread says that all CXL orders are on constraint...can anyone confirm this with more details??
Thanks...

Tell me why GM lost billions last quarter again....how much frustration do we all take before we bolt for another make?

This ordering thing is a mess...I ordered a Durango a decade ago and was able to track it almost from the parts bin to the dealer lot including the train CAR number and ETA to port....

·
Registered
509 Posts
johnt26 said:
The "October Orders" thread says that all CXL orders are on constraint...can anyone confirm this with more details??
Thanks...

Tell me why GM lost billions last quarter again....how much frustration do we all take before we bolt for another make?

This ordering thing is a mess...I ordered a Durango a decade ago and was able to track it almost from the parts bin to the dealer lot including the train CAR number and ETA to port....
It's frustrating yes, but please don't start in on the "see the crap GM still does" stuff :thumb: That's just the anger talking. Order such a "hot" vehicle elsewhere and you'll run into the same kind of things.

CXL models were and still seem to be on some constraint:

http://www.donlen.com/production_cars_gm.asp

It says because demand exceeds capacity, and that's mainly talking about the extra CXL-specific parts. According to one discussion on here, from what a salesman had heard, one issue was supply issues of the 19" Michelin tires--them just not getting enough, basically. I think originally what happened is they anticipated a little more mixture of CX models as well, and did calculations and such with that...only to have 90% or so (my guess) of people want CXL's.

But the delays are small, and they really aren't having any issues like with the CTS and other vehicles not being able to get certain wood trim, certain wheels, etc. And everything should be resolved before long.

I DO agree on the ordering system, though. From the time you put it in the system at the dealer, you should be given some kind of a login ID for a GM site, and be able to both see the projected invoice of the vehicle you built and also live updates of the build status--and if there are any delays, what they are and why. Actually, I'm not sure if anyone does that...but it'd be so easy and prevent SO, SO many angry phone calls to dealers, etc., it should be a no brainer.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
caddycruiser said:
It's frustrating yes, but please don't start in on the "see the crap GM still does" stuff :thumb: That's just the anger talking. Order such a "hot" vehicle elsewhere and you'll run into the same kind of things.

But the delays are small, and they really aren't having any issues like with the CTS and other vehicles not being able to get certain wood trim, certain wheels, etc. And everything should be resolved before long.

I DO agree on the ordering system, though. From the time you put it in the system at the dealer, you should be given some kind of a login ID for a GM site, and be able to both see the projected invoice of the vehicle you built and also live updates of the build status--and if there are any delays, what they are and why. Actually, I'm not sure if anyone does that...but it'd be so easy and prevent SO, SO many angry phone calls to dealers, etc., it should be a no brainer.
:ditto:

Very well said.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Isn't part of GM's problems with the investment part of GM, in mortgages? THAT's a problem everywhere, with lots of investors, not just GM.[/color]

·
Registered
509 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Isn't part of GM's problems with the investment part of GM, in mortgages? THAT's a problem everywhere, with lots of investors, not just GM.[/color]
Still, not worth turning a discussion about CXL delays into GM financial issues--they're complex, and not just vehicle related. So, technically, things like that are one part, among a very complex puzzle.

G

·
I have to say when I ordered my Mercedes SLK which was built and delivered to me from Germany I found far less hassles then what I am reading on this board. There was no question of if, when or if your dealer has the numbers to allow an order. I agree with Johnt26, I may go with another company if I find the ordering of mine in December to be as hard as I am hearing others on this site. I will not wait and guess for a GM product. Yes this Vehicle is nice, but it is a just a product and in today’s market we should not have to deal with guessing. If they do not want to make their product accessible then they do not want my money that bad. I will spend it with a company that understands customer service and wants it. I understand volume and maybe some delays, but to not have a confirmed order when you leave the dealer. Unacceptable practice and I know I will not stand for it. As for GM company issues and the CXL talks, they all tie back as a company value is based on how it handles all the small to big issues. An issue no mater how small does play a part in how well a company does financially.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Jas4slk said:
I have to say when I ordered my Mercedes SLK which was built and delivered to me from Germany I found far less hassles then what I am reading on this board. There was no question of if, when or if your dealer has the numbers to allow an order. I agree with Johnt26, I may go with another company if I find the ordering of mine in December to be as hard as I am hearing others on this site. I will not wait and guess for a GM product. Yes this Vehicle is nice, but it is a just a product and in today’s market we should not have to deal with guessing. If they do not want to make their product accessible then they do not want my money that bad. I will spend it with a company that understands customer service and wants it. I understand volume and maybe some delays, but to not have a confirmed order when you leave the dealer. Unacceptable practice and I know I will not stand for it. As for GM company issues and the CXL talks, they all tie back as a company value is based on how it handles all the small to big issues. An issue no mater how small does play a part in how well a company does financially.
Yeah, but the SLK isn't HALF the vehicle that the Enclave is......LITERALLY....because it is a small roadster ;D

SERIOUSLY and all joking aside, your statement of "not having a confirmed order when you leave the dealer", only applies to a few people on here who unfortunately have dealt with some either unethical or clueless dealers. The fault is NOT with GM, but with individual dealers, which aren't limited to any one manufacturer. We ordered a CXL with lux package which was on constraint and had a confirmed order (code 1100, Priority 1) when we left the dealer and had our order accepted by the factory 3 days later as promised by the dealer per his open allocation. They told us 8 week delivery, and we received in a little under 7 weeks, so I was extremely pleased with the process. Please refrain from making "generalized attacks on GM" because of DEALER related problems you read about people having on this site. This attitude of "GM can't do anything right" that has been ingrained in the minds of so much of the buying public by the automotive media is a tired and untrue refrain.

·
Registered
413 Posts
ccaats said:
Yeah, but the SLK isn't HALF the vehicle that the Enclave is......LITERALLY....because it is a small roadster ;D

SERIOUSLY and all joking aside, your statement of "not having a confirmed order when you leave the dealer", only applies to a few people on here who unfortunately have dealt with some either unethical or clueless dealers. The fault is NOT with GM, but with individual dealers, which aren't limited to any one manufacturer. We ordered a CXL with lux package which was on constraint and had a confirmed order (code 1100, Priority 1) when we left the dealer and had our order accepted by the factory 3 days later as promised by the dealer per his open allocation. They told us 8 week delivery, and we received in a little under 7 weeks, so I was extremely pleased with the process. Please refrain from making "generalized attacks on GM" because of DEALER related problems you read about people having on this site. This attitude of "GM can't do anything right" that has been ingrained in the minds of so much of the buying public by the automotive media is a tired and untrue refrain.
Exactly!!
Ours CLX not only had the Lux Pkg but was WDT; we picked it up in just under 8 weeks after the order was placed. When the order was placed we left with a print out of the order. Every time I dropped in the sales manager took the time to go on line and print out the event history. The dealership can make all the difference in the world. I have purchased three Buick's from this dealer; no hassle, no pressure & no problems.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have to agree with the last two posters. I have mentioned several times on this site that rumored or real constraints have not seem to affect delivery. I ordered a CXL, WDT, and luxury packages etc. I read there were constraints on both the WDT and the luxury packages only to become more and more worried that I would not get my car in a timely fashion. I did wait 14 weeks which is a long time, but I ordered early (in June) before they were selling as many, before the third shift which is now to be stopped, and from a smaller dealer with less allocation. After having read almost every post on this site for the last 4 months, I don't think these so called constraints have really panned out in terms of delivery times. As of late, the wait has been much much less for orders than the earlier ones regardless of the packages ordered.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think my Problem was with GM rather than the Dealer. I placed my Order May 18th and it was Delivered Oct 9th. It didn't get picked up by GM until after Labor Day, and that was because I talked to a GM Rep that was visiting here. Even he didn't know what my Hold Up was. Everytime I went to the Dealer, he showed me on his Computer where it hadn't been picked up. This went on for a number of weeks. The Rep also told me that it wasn't anything the Dealer was doing. It's a screwed up System, but I'm still a GM suporter. I'm crazy about my Enclave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts