EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have calmed down I can tell you about what I came home to last evening.

I believe I have made comments about the house to the west of my home. I prefer to call it the house of felons, the house of vampires (up at all hours of the night and sleep during the day), the house of druggies (several arrests as well as jail time for possession)and lately a house with our own local "hooker" in residence (Centerville arrested a woman last year and walked her out in handcuffs...quite a spectacle).

Anyway....I pulled into the driveway last night and thought,...WHAT THE ****! Sitting right next to the drivers door of my red VUE was a concrete pineapple. This has been in the flower bed to the "west" of our driveway for close to 10 years and NEVER was bothered until now.

YEP I am **** sure who did it because....for some darn reason when ever I am packing the car for vacation one of the residents ALWAYS comes driving down the street. YEP the old lady who owns the house was coming down the street as I was closing the hatch on the Enclave last Thursday. I didn't stand around to see if anyone else was in the vehicle.

I checked with the neighbors and it appears that the pineapple showed up Friday. So looks like they were busy Thursday night.

I am pretty sure SOMEONE next door was trying to figure out if I was at home. It will have to sit there until someone else, like husband, moves it because there is no way I can lift that **** thing.

I was so pissed off and not just because of this but because for the past year the security cameras have not worked because someone will NOT pay for the software upgrade.

Poor husband he had called me around noon Saturday to let me know he was back within cell phone range so YEP I called him at 6am this morning....LOL 3am THERE and I told him "I don't give a **** what it COSTS these cameras are going to be FIXED!!!" I just don't get it we have a lot of money tied up in those cameras and when we upgraded the computer the old software would not work properly so he said he needed to get new software and kept putting it off because....it would cost some money. Well last I checked nothing was free. Kind of reminds me of the procrastination of the "mancave".

At least they did not break into the house....thinking that it is because there is a WORKING ALARM SYSTEM!!!

Perhaps I should take pity on him after all he was to have been home by around 5pm and....as usual his flight has been delayed. So anytime now he should be walking in the front door....and as for the pineapple....guess it can wait until tomorrow.

Oh and my friend the retired OSP gave me a couple great ideas. Take some of the "target sheets" from when practicing with my 9mm and kind of hang them on the deck or tree out back. Another thought is to place coffee cans with "bullet holes" in them on the deck railing.

I am never afraid to stay here when husband travels because I know where my guns are and they are loaded and if anyone decides they want in this house unexpectedly they better be prepared to have a "red laser dot" showing up somewhere on them. I am now wondering if Jake's barking is because the "house of felons" are snooping around the house in the middle of the night.

Okay I am now stepping off my pedestal and calming down for the rest of the night.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish, if you feel that uncomfortable living next door to unscrupulous neighbors, and if it seems unlikely that they will move any time soon, you might have to give serious thought to the idea if moving. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoldEnclave said:
Sailfish, if you feel that uncomfortable living next door to unscrupulous neighbors, and if it seems unlikely that they will move any time soon, you might have to give serious thought to the idea if moving. :eek:hno:
I want to move but we cannot afford to move mainly because we could never get what this house is worth in the housing market it is today.

Funny thing is they know they cannot intimidate me I have reported them many times and stood in the driveway while the sheriff was here and watched as the sheriff walked over to their house with the complaint. I have also filed criminal trespass on the old lady and her horse thief daughter. I told them a long time ago they leave my property alone and I will ignore them. It had worked for the last 3 years...but game is back on I guess.

I emailed the information to my contact with the sheriff department as well as requested additional drive-by's at night since there seems to be more activity between 1 and 4am.

Husband arrived home late last night and moved the pineapple not back to where it was but instead he placed it beside the gate into the back yard. For many years he didn't believe they were a problem....until they were siphoning gas from the VUE and the noise and the strangers coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

Yep unless the economy improves....stuck here for a long long time. Heck have been here 16 years and I pretty much refuse to let any old lady and her felon children/grandchildren run me out. :beatdown:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Hmm...then the advise of demonstrating a show of force, that is the evidence of your experience with and possession of a handgun, may be the best advise for now. :-\

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Consider setting up security cameras with recording capability.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rpasetto said:
Consider setting up security cameras with recording capability.
Have security cameras, four with night time capabilities, and they did record onto an external hard drive, which was knocked off onto the floor and broke a year ago. Then we purchased a newer larger capacity computer this past year but the software to operate the cameras will not work on this new computer. Which is why my husband is in the "dog house" again because he never did get new software because....he didn't want to spend the bucks.

LOL yea well you can bet that this will be changing and soon because as soon as I find out which software will work with the new computer and the existing cameras I will just go ahead and "cha-ching....charge".

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Dealing with software incompatibilities can be a pain. Usually the manufacturer will have a website with links to downloadable drivers for their product.

If your system will only work on an older OS (like Win XP for example) there's always lots of older computers on ebay.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:blob: :rofl: :banana: :rock: :dancing:

I just had a police officer with the Miamisburg Police Department knock on my door. My oh my he was asking about my neighbor's granddaughter Heather and if I had seen her around.

LMBO there is a warrant for her arrest for theft and the little miss did not attend her hearing last week. LMBO......I know there is somebody next door but they did not answer when he knocked.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOPS! Okay perhaps I should not get so happy over the misfortune of others.....well don't care in this case. ;D

·
Registered
505 Posts
I couldn't help but notice that your 9mm and your concrete pineapple would make a great combination at the range!

:uzi:
;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matno said:
I couldn't help but notice that your 9mm and your concrete pineapple would make a great combination at the range!

:uzi:
;D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yea they would!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELLLLLL after 10 ELEVEN months of looking at trash piled up next door I have filed a formal complaint with the township. I have left the idiots alone but once the toilet was added to the pile....the line has been drawn.

Now I need to see just how long the township will take to respond to my complaint. I mean really 11 months of the trash sitting there and not a peep by the township. LOL guess they must be the ones sitting at "Bills Donut" shop in Centerville. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
The opposite can be annoying too... As I was loading up my moving truck this week, our tenant (who was also moving out) was putting some recyclables on the curb. Since she was leaving, she was putting it on the curb 3 days before recycling pick-up. After about an hour, a cop drove by and asked "You're not planning on leaving that at the curb over night are you?" Also, my moving truck was parked in front of my house over night and they gave me a ticket. Fortunately, both issues were resolved when a friend of mine who is a cop stopped by. He took care of the ticket and told his buddies to leave our truck and boxes of paper alone for a couple of days. There are some things about New York that I will NOT miss, and uptight people is one of them!

Then again, 11 months with a trash pile like that is ridiculous. A week or two I could live with... You should just hire a junk removal company to take the stuff away. Don't call them from your own phone, impersonate your neighbors, and ask to have "everything by the side of the house" hauled off. Then, hopefully when they come to the door to get paid, they will have already loaded everything on a truck... It could work!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matno said:
The opposite can be annoying too... As I was loading up my moving truck this week, our tenant (who was also moving out) was putting some recyclables on the curb. Since she was leaving, she was putting it on the curb 3 days before recycling pick-up. After about an hour, a cop drove by and asked "You're not planning on leaving that at the curb over night are you?" Also, my moving truck was parked in front of my house over night and they gave me a ticket. Fortunately, both issues were resolved when a friend of mine who is a cop stopped by. He took care of the ticket and told his buddies to leave our truck and boxes of paper alone for a couple of days. There are some things about New York that I will NOT miss, and uptight people is one of them!

Then again, 11 months with a trash pile like that is ridiculous. A week or two I could live with... You should just hire a junk removal company to take the stuff away. Don't call them from your own phone, impersonate your neighbors, and ask to have "everything by the side of the house" hauled off. Then, hopefully when they come to the door to get paid, they will have already loaded everything on a truck... It could work!
ROFLOL now I LIKE that idea! HUMMM I will seriously consider this that is IF the township doesn't get off their butt like SOON! Heck you never know I also just may have to take different photos from the street and then do an editorial for the local paper being very critical of the township. Yea I have had some of my articles published in the paper...although it has been a while.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:banghead:

:soapbox:

NOTHING has been done by the township. Hells bells what will it take a personal visit! Well guess so because that is what I did this morning. I walked into the zoning department at 9:10 this morning with photos and...the receptionist looked up the information on the neighbors house. There has been.....drum roll....26 property violations issued since 2005 (NOT ALL THE COMPLAINTS FILED BY ME). While she was checking these out I asked if there were any recent ones and....**** NO my complaint that I filed on the 13th....not even a record. So while I was STANDING in front of her she checked out the recent photo, yep the one below, and said that "Mike" would check it out when he is doing other inspections today and call me. LMBO yep I am NOT holding my breath on that one. So if no call today I will go down there tomorrow and every day after that until they GET OFF THEIR BUTTS and do something. I pay taxes....a lot of taxes....to the township and their blindness to this for, as I told the receptionist, 13 months has gone on long enough.

:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Do you have the feeling that you're dealing with overpaid bureaucrats? That is, they don't really make an effort to do their jobs... unless you insist face-to-face?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rpasetto said:
Do you have the feeling that you're dealing with overpaid bureaucrats? That is, they don't really make an effort to do their jobs... unless you insist face-to-face?
**** yea and guess what? NO PHONE CALL!

So let me think....go to the township again tomorrow and then again Friday and again each day next week PLUS sending a letter direct to EACH of the township trustees.

Of course within that letter to the trustees will be a copy which I am sending to the local news affiliates.

I wonder just who will respond first!

:banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: >:D

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Keep the pressure on......good luck.
Fortunately, this would not happen (I hope) where I live.
There was a case where after several warnings the issue was not resolved, so the town hauled away the junk, cut the grass, and promptly put a lien on the property.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trust me I do intend on keeping up the pressure.

Just found out that the township IS serving a violation citation to the neighbor. She will have a certain amount of time to remove the trash and if this is not done she will be cited and served notice to appear in court.

This is not the first time she has been served a violation citation and unless she moves it won't be the last.

One thing that suddenly appeared over the weekend is a white Chevy blazer is backed into the driveway right up against the garage door. The ONLY time they do this is when the vehicle has expired license plates or the plates have been removed and installed (illegally) on another vehicle. This is their way of keeping the zoning officials from noticing the tag because the township has another rule that all vehicles must be in working order and must have a current valid license plate showing.

I also have heard that her son from Colorado is flying out this week and is planning on evicting all the "walking trash" out of the house and move her into a small apartment, hopefully in ANOTHER TOWN. Then he is planning on putting the house up for sale. The inside of that place has to be trashed, of course not counting all the bugs and rodents.

I bet one could pick up this 3000 sq foot house for around $100K, especially with all the work inside and out that will need to be done.

Anybody want to move next door to me? LOL I asked my husband if he wanted to purchase the property for a rehab project. His response was this..... ::) so guess not.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Good luck. Glad to see you've gotten someone in the township administration to enforce the laws. Let's hope for the good of the neighborhood that the house is sold and rehabilitated as you indicated.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
About this Discussion
155 Replies
16 Participants
Marin
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing