EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Amazingly, to my knowledge there have not been any foreclosures within my development, or any of the immediately surrounding communities.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Still a lot of "crap" coming out of the house next door. They have fixed/repaired the chimney as the flashing must have been crap as it was leaking every time it rained.

The new owner asked if they could use our electric and I said...sure...so there is a long orange extension cord running from the front outlet, on the porch, across the drive/lawn into their garage.

HEY it only benefits US for the neighboring house to be repaired.

I do know for a fact that DPL has to replace the WHOLE electrical box on the back of the house. That is compliments of the "felons" who kept illegally hooking up electric and then they destroyed the box once the realized DPL shut of the power down at the junction box next to the road. I am serious when I mean it was "destroyed"...I think they used a tire iron to smash the box.

The new owners have called to have flags placed where all lines are coming into the house, phone/cable/electric and such. There are a lot of little orange flags in the front and back yards. The front is for the phone/cable connections. The back is where the electric services comes through the yard and into the house.

I definitely know that concerning the electric as the other year our power went out and it was because when we had the "mans cave" built they nicked the electric cable and eventually water seeped inside and "bam" power out. LOL...yea...husband was out of town and DPL placed a gas powered generator out front until they could re-run the electric service from the box at the road behind us, up to the house.

Still not sure if the son will move in or if they are fixing up to sell...either way...will definitely be better than who was there before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
:popcorn: I think that I might have to get to the supermarket to make sure that I have plenty to eat. ;)
:happy: :happy: :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #126

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
There has been quite a bit of progress going on next door. New windows and doors are being installed. The lawn is being kept mowed and the flower beds maintained.

They have electric and water hooked back up.

They are working on the interior, replacing drywall/insulation/flooring/plumbing/electrical/cabinets/appliances.

Within the next few days the owner is installing security lights on all four sides of the house. YEA for us as it will light up that dark side of the house. Plus YEA for the neighbor on the other side as it will light up the drainage gully running between the two homes.

PLUS it will keep the back yard lighted as there have been teenagers roaming in the woods in the middle of the night. The neighbor on the other side of the felon house found a good set of RayBan sunglasses and some empty cans of beer along the property line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
:eek: :confused: Oh my!!!!!

I had been hearing lots of noise from next door this morning. Decided I better bring in the newspaper and what do I see.....a truck with a forklift/crane loading packets of roofing shingles onto the roof next door.

I should be laughing over this, but I do feel sorry for the new owners.

You see the reason I feel sorry for them is this will be the THIRD roof replaced since we replaced ours back in 2003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
**** pineapple moving felons! call the national guard. sorry to make light of what you consider to be a travesty, but my first thought is what is the deal with a cement pineapple in a garden?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
:eek: :confused: Oh my!!!!!

I had been hearing lots of noise from next door this morning. Decided I better bring in the newspaper and what do I see.....a truck with a forklift/crane loading packets of roofing shingles onto the roof next door.

I should be laughing over this, but I do feel sorry for the new owners.

You see the reason I feel sorry for them is this will be the THIRD roof replaced since we replaced ours back in 2003.
Why so many roof jobs on that house? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
GoldEnclave said:
Why so many roof jobs on that house? ???
Because the old lady used the cheapest product and installer around. She always boasted how much she would save in roof installations. I laughed at her one time and said....your 2 roofing costs surpassed the cost for the one we installed. She was not too happy with me.

Oh well.

Also, kind of bummed out, the young guy who purchased the house next door, former "house of felons" has put it up for sale.

He is asking $209,900. Kind of high and I think he will probably be offered more in line with $180,000 to $190,000.

The home is just over 3,000 square feet and the lot size is .735 of 1 acre, same lot size as ours.

He purchased it for, if I am not mistaken, at sheriff's auction for $113,000. He put a lot of work into the house....it is a blank slate for anyone wanting to purchase and move in. Every room is white and all the carpeting is beige and the tile flooring, porcelain is beige as well.

I hope it sells but there are 3 other homes on our street for sale and several within our development.

He may be in for a long wait...but one just never knows. I believe that those of us on this side of the street have the nicest lots...yea I am prejudice.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
"Flip This House" episode? ;D

BTW, a house like that one would likely sell for around $600K in my neck of the woods. ****, NJ is SO expensive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
GoldEnclave said:
"Flip This House" episode? ;D

BTW, a house like that one would likely sell for around $600K in my neck of the woods. ****, NJ is SO expensive!
I know and that is why we will remain in ours until the day they wheel us out, in either a chair or a stretcher.

We have only 2,940 sq feet. 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 baths and at times....too **** much room when it comes to cleaning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
:happy: You should consider moving inland when you decide to retire. ;) ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
"Flip This House" episode? ;D

BTW, a house like that one would likely sell for around $600K in my neck of the woods. ****, NJ is SO expensive!
Yeah, and in my area it probably would have been a foreclosure, and be up for sale at around $135k. Ugh!.....getting tired of all the low selling houses in our area, but I need to get over it and realize we are not planning on selling, we have lots of equity in our home, and on pace to be paid off in 2017. At least that's the plan. Then we can start funding the college savings for the girls. Probably shouldn't have bought the new car, and instead put that money away, but trying my initial plan of keeping the cars 10 years....and getting the house paid off. Then if/when I go back to work when the kids are both of driving age, that money can be put right into the fund. Or....if I decide on selling the GTO, that could go towards it.

This is all assuming our next door neighbors, who are talking about moving, don't sell to felons....and my GTO get stolen! Ha....and you all thought I couldn't bring my ramblings back on topic. :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
kidsenclave said:
Yeah, and in my area it probably would have been a foreclosure, and be up for sale at around $135k. Ugh!.....getting tired of all the low selling houses in our area, but I need to get over it and realize we are not planning on selling, we have lots of equity in our home, and on pace to be paid off in 2017. At least that's the plan. Then we can start funding the college savings for the girls. Probably shouldn't have bought the new car, and instead put that money away, but trying my initial plan of keeping the cars 10 years....and getting the house paid off. Then if/when I go back to work when the kids are both of driving age, that money can be put right into the fund. Or....if I decide on selling the GTO, that could go towards it.

This is all assuming our next door neighbors, who are talking about moving, don't sell to felons....and my GTO get stolen! Ha....and you all thought I couldn't bring my ramblings back on topic. :happy:

:happy: :happy: Hey I never have a problem with my posts getting off track. Just makes for an interesting variation of the topic.

Now trust me....you do NOT want any felons moving in next door. Although if there are any...I know all the "tricks" to keep them out of your house. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
GoldEnclave said:
Your Enclave looks great in your driveway, Sailfish. ;)
;D You can just see the top of it over the VUE and the skateboard (350Z).
 
121 - 140 of 156 Posts
About this Discussion
155 Replies
16 Participants
Marin
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top