EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
;D You can just see the top of it over the VUE and the skateboard (350Z).
Uh, no. With street view via the linked real estate site, the view of your Enclave is nearly obscured.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
:-\ :shrug:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
"Flip This House" episode? ;D

BTW, a house like that one would likely sell for around $600K in my neck of the woods. ****, NJ is SO expensive!
The last house that sold in my neighborhood was purchased by a builder for $345,000, and was promptly torn down.
The house going up in it's place is listed for $789,000 and is on one of the smallest lots in the neighborhood.

Yes, NJ is expensive, but they are selling. We are 25 miles southwest of New York City, and we have a direct rail line to the city. We are close enough to the city, but far enough away. Our neighborhood is a bargain compared to Brooklyn, NY. We get a fair number of NY transplants.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
MRBUICK said:
The last house that sold in my neighborhood was purchased by a builder for $345,000, and was promptly torn down.
The house going up in it's place is listed for $789,000 and is on one of the smallest lots in the neighborhood.

Yes, NJ is expensive, but they are selling. We are 25 miles southwest of New York City, and we have a direct rail line to the city. We are close enough to the city, but far enough away. Our neighborhood is a bargain compared to Brooklyn, NY. We get a fair number of NY transplants.
And salaries have to be able to compensate for the higher cost of living in your area.

I remember back around 2006-2007 there were homes being built here, 5,000 sq feet +, listed for $750,000 and some even closer to $1,000,000. They were selling because there were companies moving their employees here from the west coast. They thought "**** what a bargain". Compared to the west coast and east coast, it is.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
And salaries have to be able to compensate for the higher cost of living in your area.

I remember back around 2006-2007 there were homes being built here, 5,000 sq feet +, listed for $750,000 and some even closer to $1,000,000. They were selling because there were companies moving their employees here from the west coast. They thought "**** what a bargain". Compared to the west coast and east coast, it is.
My salary hovers around the national average for my profession. Minimal regional salary adjustment is a typical problem within my profession.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
So the "house of felons" has been remodeled inside and out and is on the market for sale. Although I will say the remodel job, fast and cheap.

BUT it sure looks a **** of a lot better outside then it did before. At just over 3,000 sq feet and .735 acre lot, the asking price is 189,900.00, down considerably from what the initial asking price was $229,000.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Wow. Much nicer.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Sailfish said:
So the "house of felons" has been remodeled inside and out and is on the market for sale. Although I will say the remodel job, fast and cheap.

BUT it sure looks a **** of a lot better outside then it did before. At just over 3,000 sq feet and .735 acre lot, the asking price is 189,900.00, down considerably from what the initial asking price was $229,000.
Sounds like a good buy.......near me, that price would not even buy the empty lot ???

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
zman said:
Wow. Much nicer.
Definitely much nicer to look at, especially those of us living next door or, across the street.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
MRBUICK said:
Sounds like a good buy.......near me, that price would not even buy the empty lot ???
Yep I understand. I would love for it to sell and a nice couple, or family move in. Of course no felons...... But, I do have a direct line to the local Sheriff department, without going through 911.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Sailfish said:
Yep I understand. I would love for it to sell and a nice couple, or family move in. Of course no felons...... But, I do have a direct line to the local Sheriff department, without going through 911.
Maybe Al Sharpton will move in ::)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
MRBUICK said:
Maybe Al Sharpton will move in ::)
::) Really? You just had to go there didn't you.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
HUGE difference, how nice! Geez.....just getting the lawn cleaned up was half of it, then updating the exterior....that's a big improvement. Your property value may have just gone up by having that done.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
So excited the house has sold....the "flipper" found a buyer. They are a young couple with one child. Saw a heating/cooling contractor next door getting ready to install an new system. I know the one is the original one as it was just like the one we use to have.

Also there was a delivery of some "hardy board" siding. Guess they are going to do some upgrades to the exterior.

Best of luck to the new residents of the neighborhood!!!

WOOHOO....the felons have "left the neighborhood".

:hyper: :clap2: :friday: :dancing:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh, a concrete pineapple, that's so unusual...almost phantasmagoric! Are you sure that those junkies from the creepy house did that? You could have used your security cameras, such things must be kept in order, you know. Btw, there are similar gadgets that allow you to see what happens in your backyard or wherever you want. I am talking about small hidden cameras that could be hidden in common places, like lanterns or even bulbs. See, no lying here - https://geeklah.com/best-light-bulb-camera.html. That things really exist. Hope that next time you'll be able to see who messes around and then...maybe even bring the case to the court, why not?

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
About this Discussion
155 Replies
16 Participants
Marin
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing