EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Dashboard reflection

29K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  enclave fl. 
#1 ·
With the titanium interior, the reflection of the top of the dashboard in the windshield is annoying. Aftermarket dashboard covers are not yet available for the Enclave. I folded the cloth cargo cover and put it on top of the dashboard. Doe anyone have a better idea ?

#2 ·
Sorry to hear you have this problem. My ebony interior shows no reflections whatsoever. Someone told me not to put armor all type products on the glare free dash material as it will cause it to reflect more light. I like the flat finish on the dash. I believe reflection is the reason for its use.

#4 ·
I also have not noticed any glare. Of course it is still 114 with cloudless skies out here and I am always wearing polarized sunglasses driving. I'll try it tomorrow without them.

Wayne

#5 ·
I don't have glare on my brown dash, but the chrome trim around the gauges and analog clock can be blinding in certain sunlight situations. The chrome looks nice but I don't think the designers considered this reflection problem.

#6 ·
Titanium here, and no problems with reflection.

#7 ·
gavine said:
I don't have glare on my brown dash, but the chrome trim around the gauges and analog clock can be blinding in certain sunlight situations. The chrome looks nice but I don't think the designers considered this reflection problem.
:ditto:

No reflections due to Ebony dash, but the chrome does really bother at times. I wanted to start a thread just on that, but looks like there is no need anymore. I have noticed it more when the sunroof is open.

#8 ·
coop said:
:ditto:

No reflections due to Ebony dash, but the chrome does really bother at times. I wanted to start a thread just on that, but looks like there is no need anymore. I have noticed it more when the sunroof is open.
Small price to pay for a beautiful dash.

#9 ·
I test drove a cocoa/cashmere and did not notice a dash glare but the glare in the side windows from the outside mirrors was a little annoying, but if my Enclave ever arrives I will be happy to see that glare.

#13 ·
Smokin SRX said:
Ebony here, and No glare. Jacko nailed it perfectly.........DO NOT use Armor-all type beautifiers on a dashboard. Reflex will drive you nuts.
That's true, if you can get the people that detail the vehicles not to spray that stuff on there. More than once, I've had my other cars detailed, usually at the dealer, and they come back with the shiney dashes. It wears off eventually.

#14 ·
Turtle Wax make a vinyl and leather cleaner protectant that doesn't leave a shiny surface if you go back and rewipe the area about 5 minutes later. Almost like buffing it out. It's called F21 Super Protectant with nano technology. I've been using this product for about 7-8 years. Works well. Haven't used it on the Enclave yet because everything is still so new.

CT

#15 ·
I haven't read any complaints other that these very early forum posts. I've never noticed any dash or IP glare.

P.S. I wish that these were the only issues with our Enclaves. The early days were so much simpler. :happy:

#16 ·
2015 light brown dash has a reflection so you can see the heater vent, storage cover. Also the offset trim near the window casts a shadow which reflects in the windshield as does the plastic trim as a bright line. The chrome trim around the side upper vents reflect in the side windows. Darker brown color on the upper dash of the 2011 model did not have a reflection problem.

#18 ·
The solution is simple - close your eyes. :drunk: :happy: :drunk: :happy:

#19 ·
I am trying to dig up an old picture that I saw on a forum or google search that shows exactly what you are talking about. Someone had take an bright sunlit dash/console pic and circle in red all the glare/shiny reflection spots on it. It was a TON.

#20 ·
cfedor said:
I am trying to dig up an old picture that I saw on a forum or google search that shows exactly what you are talking about. Someone had take an bright sunlit dash/console pic and circle in red all the glare/shiny reflection spots on it. It was a TON.
Does anyone recall seeing this anywhere on any thread ??? It's driving me BONKERS trying to find it!!!

#22 ·
enclave fl. said:
If you are referring to seeing a line across your bottom half windshield that depicts the dash board outline then I see this also in direct sunlight.
That, too is bothersome. I am referring to the sunspot sprites reflecting off of the chrome airvent/clock bezel accents, the chrome horizontal split and the shiny faux woodgrain paneling.

#23 ·
I have never noticed any of these reflection or glare issues, so I can't comment on the situation.

BTW, I did attempt to find the old thread images of the glare problem, but was unsuccessful.

#24 ·
GoldEnclave said:
I have never noticed any of these reflection or glare issues, so I can't comment on the situation.

BTW, I did attempt to find the old thread images of the glare problem, but was unsuccessful.
Thx! I might be dreaming that I even saw it here. I have super searched it thru the forum and googled several different types of combinations of words to death trying to locate it. I will not be defeated by not finding it. :Hilarious: Maybe I have it in my plethora of various car pictures I have downloaded, I will scour them the next couple of days.....

#26 ·
cfedor said:
That, too is bothersome. I am referring to the sunspot sprites reflecting off of the chrome airvent/clock bezel accents, the chrome horizontal split and the shiny faux woodgrain paneling.
Sorry took so long to respond back but the other problem you are having I haven't as of yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.