EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We picked up "Charlie" (Brown) today, wow! For some insight into our comparison basis, we have had 4 Audi Quattros, an Infiniti G35X and a number of SUVs and Minivans including Sienna, Durango, Tahoe and Blazer...the Infiniti replaced our Audi, the Enclave replaced the Sienna.

After driving Charles home in the teeming rain on the backroads of Bucks County PA we are impressed (BTW, we used backroads so we would stay under 55 for break-in purposes). Nothing is perfect but most of the switchgear feels high quality, it tracked great in the deluge and we are still taken aback by how good looking the vehicle is and how large!

We are sacrificing some room over our fully optioned Sienna but we are also at a point in our lives that we don't need strollers and pack-n-plays and such...the Enclave seems to have more than adequate room for our 2 kids sporting events and family vacations.

We'll see if the chrome rims grow on us after we see them in the sunshine!

Best of luck to those still waiting, I hope your Enclaves come soon...it's worth the wait!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Great review so far. We're in a similar place, except for a Suburban being where you once had the Sienna. More room, and very versatile, but getting to the point that having something more overtly luxurious and a touch smaller would be perfect--Enclave fits the bill.

And yes, the chrome WILL grow on you, guaranteed. Actually, side to side, it's not really the "bling" factor, but more that the chrome 19's just look so perfect on the Enclave...ESPECIALLY in colors such as the Cocoa. Not that the standard 19" wheels are bad, but they're just missing a big "something" in the real-world look on the Enclave, that the different shape & chrome has in spades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm waiting for mine. Dealer said should be here today or tomorrow. They said my enclave was built on 8th and still waiting.
I will be out of town from tomorrow so I was hoping to get call today. I guess I have to wait until next week if it comes tomorrow like what they said.

I can not wait. Waiting for almost 10 weeks!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
mine was supposed to be here today also. I'm hoping that I get a call tomorrow, but probably won't be able to pick it up until next week. Aug. 31st order, but I am really close now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 2....

This car is quiet, smooth and soaks up bumps like nobody's business! After having it washed it does look awesome, the chrome wheels are growing on us. I'm extremely picky about automobiles and not easily impressed, this vehicle impresses me!!

Attached is a picture of "Charlie (Brown)" the big brown truck with Chester the big brown dog (110 # Chesapeake Bay Retriever...BTW, he likes it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
We are still just as happy with ours after 152 days :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
152 days....Thats roughly 1022 days in dog years just for Chester's sake :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I will be sure to tell Toto, our Cocker Spaniel.
I wanted to name him JOE, but the girls said no.

(They never even heard of Joe Cocker) :sosad:

It's time for a :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enclave1,
I haven't been on the highway yet with the Enclave but our 911 feels every imperfection in the road (by design) and our quattros were very "German" also in ride as is my wife's current G35X, the Minivans and trucks were just that so I really don't have a "luxury" car ride to compare it with.
To me, through the above filters, the ride feels silky smooth!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bsox said:
152 days....Thats roughly 1022 days in dog years just for Chester's sake :cheers:
Bsox, Chester says thanks for thinking of him but he was a little miffed as he thought you were calling him old, don't stop by for a couple of weeks while he cools down! :angryfire: BTW, for those with "jumbo" dogs, Chester and her sister Riva, an 85 pound swissy "hybrid", fit in the back of the vehicle easily standing up and moving around with the third row folded down, something I was not sure about when we traded our Sienna for this. Also, after hitting Wegman's (supermarket) hard today and filling the area behind the back seats, it occured to me that this vehicle is even bigger than it looks inside. And, the net certainly helps keep everything in the Enclave when we opened the back hatch at home! We also put two hockey bags back there, plenty of room!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
johnt26 said:
Bsox, Chester says thanks for thinking of him but he was a little miffed as he thought you were calling him old, don't stop by for a couple of weeks while he cools down! :angryfire: BTW, for those with "jumbo" dogs, Chester and her sister Riva, an 85 pound swissy "hybrid", fit in the back of the vehicle easily standing up and moving around with the third row folded down, something I was not sure about when we traded our Sienna for this. Also, after hitting Wegman's (supermarket) hard today and filling the area behind the back seats, it occured to me that this vehicle is even bigger than it looks inside. And, the net certainly helps keep everything in the Enclave when we opened the back hatch at home! We also put two hockey bags back there, plenty of room!
Sounds like you have made your enclave part of the family already. No wonder you were so fast to get the back covered up with your pep boy rig, two large dogs in the new truck. I also have two dogs that go to work with me each day, they are smaller, one can make the leap fine into the back, the other when he feels like it he can, other days he seems to want help. It is nice with the auto lift gate when I get home, I open it from the front, they get out, it gets closed and I don't even have to go back there. Love that feature.

Please let Chester know, I was not trying to insult him, but wanted to include him in the discussion regarding his new vehicle. I bet he loves driving around town in the new ride showing off to all the little french poodles in the neighborhood. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts