EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently installed an aftermarket stereo and component speakers. During the install on the front passenger door, I disconnected both the door jamb connector as well as the connectors behind the door panel. After installing the speaker and putting everything back together, speaker worked great, but the power mirror, locks, window, and heated seat do not work. Ugh...

I installed the driver side the same way, except I didn't disconnect the door jamb connector. Driver side works fine...all power to seats and door!

Any idea as to what and how to check why the passenger door (and heated seat) is not working?

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I can understand that possibly the connector in the door jamb may not be properly seated, if there are actual pin type connectors between the connector and the door. As I have not taken any of my connectors in any door jamb apart, I do not know what the connections look like.
As to the seat heat not working, that is a totally seperate circuit away from the door jamb connector, and has to have something to do with possibly a wire being jossled in the center console near or around the lower area of the radio where the seat heat switch is.
Sorry I am not truly in the know about what you are experiencing. But I hope some of these thoughts help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old topic but I have this exact issue - Passenger door is dead and passenger seat heater too.
Just quit working for no reason.
I haven't taken anything apart nor had anything worked on. Driving the other day and couldn't put down the passenger window from the driver's seat.
Checked into it later and discovered that the passenger door is dead (window and mirror) along with the passenger seat heater.

Seat and door seem unrelated. How can this be?

Expat

·
Registered
140 Posts
Seat and door seem unrelated. How can this be?
From something I remember reading in the repair manual, if you have memory seats, the control module used in the seat for position also include the heat controller and connects to a module that connects to the position switch on the door. Was very complicated reading and had about 30 pages of diagnostic tests to do to troubleshoot any seat problems.

Not much help, I know, but shows how the two may be related.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update.
the Passenger door has been dead for a one month. Fortunately, it has been too cold to want to drive around with the window down so it's been ok - for now.

A couple days ago I was driving along and the door started making this fast clicking sound. The sound was coming from the switches and my wife (in the passenger seat at the time) said she could feel the switches vibrate in time with the clicking.

Now the door seems to no longer be dead (although I haven't tried the window just in case it decides to die again while the window is rolled down part way).

Would a new set of switches on the pass door fix this?

Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

Jeff

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
hmmm not sure what would be clicking in the switches-

Most likely something else-- and the vibration made its way to the switches.

this is what the drivers side switch looks like taken apart.

the buttons you push only touch the rubber pad- that then makes contact with the circuit board..
the buttons are spring loaded I believe.

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
:tearhair: ??? I am totally at a loss on this one. I would be biting the bullet and just buying a new switch unit, but then again, for which one the driver's side, passenger side, or just do both and be done with them..

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just a little off topic, how do you remove the rear door window switches?
I believe mine are a little dirty as you have to cycle them a few times to make them work.

Kane154,
Speaking of cycling them, try that for your passenger side one with the car turned off and the driver's door open. Might help.

Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone for some great feedback.
it began working normally again a few weeks ago as mysteriously as it stopped.

Now I have intermitent issues with the Driver INformation Center (DIC) blacking out. It will go black for a day or two and then come back again as though nothing ever happened.

I think these two must be related. Is this a computer issue that is plaguing me?
Could a bad computer module be responsible for all of this?

Hmmm... I'm afaid it may be a deeper issue than replacing a few window switches can fix... [sigh]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Buick Enclave and while driving the seat heater /seat a/c button completely lit up. When I shut the vehicle off the vehicle I found that the lights on the switch would all be lit until I closed the door then they were off. Also noticed the next day I had no power to the lh door when it was open. There is an electrical clicking sound when the door has no power, I can wiggle the harness to the door and get it to stop making noise then the power returns. Any other ideas??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I recently installed an aftermarket stereo and component speakers. During the install on the front passenger door, I disconnected both the door jamb connector as well as the connectors behind the door panel. After installing the speaker and putting everything back together, speaker worked great, but the power mirror, locks, window, and heated seat do not work. Ugh...

I installed the driver side the same way, except I didn't disconnect the door jamb connector. Driver side works fine...all power to seats and door!

Any idea as to what and how to check why the passenger door (and heated seat) is not working?
I have had this problem for awhile now and it’s been driving me crazy mine was the driver door and heated seats but I strongly recommend checking the relays behind your glove box for
Hello,

behind the glove box on the top side of the fuse box is relays for door unlock /lock my problem was the driver s side and was driving me crazy for the last three months there is one specifically for the drivers side unlock and it was corroded and burnt I’m currently waiting for the replacement but I’m pretty confident this is the solution

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Buick Enclave and while driving the seat heater /seat a/c button completely lit up. When I shut the vehicle off the vehicle I found that the lights on the switch would all be lit until I closed the door then they were off. Also noticed the next day I had no power to the lh door when it was open. There is an electrical clicking sound when the door has no power, I can wiggle the harness to the door and get it to stop making noise then the power returns. Any other ideas??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts