EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deadline to order a new 2017 Enclave?

Wanting a dealer or someone in the know to respond.

·
Registered
795 Posts
What is the deadline to order a new 2017 Enclave?

Wanting a dealer or someone in the know to respond.
That ship sailed back in March or April. They are gearing up for the 2018 that will launch in the fall. Currently the Lansing Delta Township plant is only building 2018 Traverse's which only started about 2 weeks ago. If you find something you like on the dealer lot that is a 2017, buy it, because there won't be much more selection since production ended May 15th.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just curious why you'd want a 2017 over a 2018? I get the whole "first model year" thing but if you're buying new it's going to be warrantied long enough to cover any first year bugs that might have snuck through the QA process. With the Lambda platform especially it's REALLY in need of an update too. Other than going from the original 3.6 to a direct injected 3.6 that platform is basically unchanged since 2006. Car design has come a long ways in 11 years.

·
Registered
795 Posts
8 Passenger seating, is the reason. It is gone now with the
new model.
Go with the new Traverse, it has 8 person seating, plus I think it looks better. They should be on dealer lots by the mid to end of July. Start-up has been a little slower while checking initial quality (20 units an hour instead of 42).

·
Registered
406 Posts
8 Passenger seating, is the reason. It is gone now with the
new model.
Makes sense. I have the 8 passenger setup in mine and was talking with the wife last night how the 2018 dropped that option. I have no plans to get rid of ours for at least the next 4-5 years though so maybe by then they'll bring the bench option back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to a site that shows options, and build for the various
new 2018 models of the Enclave and Traverse.
Our preference is higher end cloth interior 8 passenger and AWD.
The Traverse has that, the Enclave does not.
The other thing I found is that both models use the same
windshield glass now.
That is good, as the last GMC Acadia we had 2013 seemed
noisy, and the Enclave has always had quieter laminated glass.

So the new Traverse will be one we check out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been eyeing the 2018 Traverse for a few months on the Chevy website. I think the look is outstanding and Enclave just looks like a blah import to me. I really like the aggressive stance of the Traverse. Will look good next to my 16 Suburban.

I have pretty much decided in my head that my 2015 Enclave will become an 18 High Country Traverse by Xmas or early in 2018. Of course all things could change once they are on the lot.

My concern with the Enclave is the look. It look like the usual overrated silver imports. I am sure that is the market they are aiming at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
tjs3
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing