EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me what dealer allocations mean and how the process works? We ordered a white diamond cxl with dvd and navigation package, driver confidence package, luxury package, sunroof with skylight and 19" chrome wheels on February 8, 2008. We are also GMS pricing which means we get GM employee discount. The dealer will not give GMS pricing for one off of the lot. He says we have to order. So we did. Dealer called yesterday (2-25-08) to let me know that they had an allocation and our order was bumped because of the color and that there is a constraint on WDT. Any advice??? How do I know this won't keep happening?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
It won't keep happening. The WDT is a "premium" paint job and from what I have gathered they tend to batch them for a lack of better explanation. Each dealer will get a certain number of Enclaves that they can get each month which is based on the number that they sell. This is what the allocation means. If it is a small dealer they may only get 1 or 2 a month. A larger dealer 8-10.

If this is what you want, just be patient and wait for it. It will come. Mine took 14 weeks, but I am happy I waited, others have waited only 6 weeks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Your dealer only gets a limited number of "allocations" a month from GM. If the dealer has no possibility of filling your order, it is perfectly reasonable and expected for your order to get bumped to the next batch of allocations. If the dealer didn't bump you, they would waste a perfectly good allocation. The more allocations they use, the more they get. Relax. Just think of yourself as in a special line for WDT. You will forget the wait when you get behind the wheel of your new Enclave!

·
Registered
721 Posts
The WDT is currently constrained to about 140 per week NATIONALLY, so that's probably why it got bumped. No wonder they changed their mind about dropping the color; when you see it in the sunlight, it's just awesome.

As has been said here many times, it will be worth the wait............ ;D

Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
beisenhuth said:
Can anyone explain to me what dealer allocations mean and how the process works? We ordered a white diamond cxl with dvd and navigation package, driver confidence package, luxury package, sunroof with skylight and 19" chrome wheels on February 8, 2008. We are also GMS pricing which means we get GM employee discount. The dealer will not give GMS pricing for one off of the lot. He says we have to order. So we did. Dealer called yesterday (2-25-08) to let me know that they had an allocation and our order was bumped because of the color and that there is a constraint on WDT. Any advice??? How do I know this won't keep happening?
Just to let you know, your order did get picked up today. There were 139 available nationally, we did not have an allocation for the white diamond but some dealer must have passed on their white diamond and since we had your order in with the highest prefference it was picked up. GM has not assigned a build week yet, but Chad will give you a call as soon as it comes from GM.
Thanks again for your business,
Mike

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Mike,
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
It is nice to have dealer feedback.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome Mike and Beisenhuth! Glad it worked out and the WDT is being built soon! B- you are going to LOVE it!! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts