EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Spring of 2007 Buick was busy rolling out the new Enclave. Special sales training was given to every Buick sales associate. This book, the "2008 ENCLAVE DETAILS BOOK" was apparently provided.

In the 27 glossy pages this booklet provides insider details and specially worded phrases and ideas to help the sales people differentiate the Enclave from its competition. For example there are several pages dedicated to comparing Enclave with the Acura MDX, Lincoln MKX, Lexus RX 350, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I learned a lot of new information about the Enclave which I thought would make great fun to discuss. It helped make my 9 week wait go a little bit quicker. I hope you enjoy it.

Update: The gallery is now open with all 27 pages in one place.
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=5490

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I'm going to have to fax this to the dealers in my area. I don't think they've seen it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My dealer had informed me prior to buying that every dealership was supposed to send a sales rep to New York prior to the release of the Enclave, they had a huge conference regarding the features of the Enclave. Cool Stuff...not your typical American Motors prep for a new vehicle.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When I first found and test drove an Enclave on a dealer's lot, the way too young salesman gave me the details book by mistake. I found out alot about the Enclave by reading it and the comparisons with other vehicles.

Not only does it compare the MDX, but also the Lexus RX 350, Lincoln MKX, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. There are charts for all the features showing what Enclave has vs. the other vehicles.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
htrdgrma said:
When I first found and test drove an Enclave on a dealer's lot, the way too young salesman gave me the details book by mistake. I found out alot about the Enclave by reading it and the comparisons with other vehicles.

Not only does it compare the MDX, but also the Lexus RX 350, Lincoln MKX, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. There are charts for all the features showing what Enclave has vs. the other vehicles.
My salesman showed me the brochure kiosk. I grabbed a booklet with XM on one side, and OnStar on the other (two books in one). It was a sales brochure. It shows the commissions for selling OnStar and XM and even the county's which lose OnStar coverage this year.

A

·
0 Posts
This is fantastic info! We need to think of the best way to consolidate these posts into a single thread and get it stickied.

thanks again for posting!
admin

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
admin said:
This is fantastic info! We need to think of the best way to consolidate these posts into a single thread and get it stickied.

thanks again for posting!
admin
Welcome back to EnclaveForum! Where have you been?

With 3811 page views on the Details Book series (so far), I'd say your click-throughs must be booming. I can tar up the whole lot and send them to you perhaps. I was thinking of a gallery album dedicated to the book. I'd say our forum has gotten their $10 worth out of this book (secrets out.. I got it off eBay).

A

·
0 Posts
Members like you who go the extra mile by both spending the money and the time to scan and post the book are why this forum is so great! Thanks again!

I think a gallery devoted to it would be perfect. We could then create a post that links to it and sticky it in the Faqs/Links/Help section, maybe...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to view the booklet? I dont know where to view it. Thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For now you will have to browse the discussions in Articles, Reviews & Multimedia.
After the entire booklet is posted I will setup a gallery album. There are only two more postings to go.. Stay tuned..

·
Registered
2 Posts
???
This is an easy one for you lucky Enclave owners.
Question regarding the Enclave's hands free phone. Is it completely tied to On-Star? Do you loose the hands free feature if you don't renew On-Star at the end of the 1st year?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hold on now! Yes it's tied to On-star, and you can buy your phone minutes through them if you'd like. However, if you have Verizon Wireless (or want to get it) you can use those minutes instead and then you just register your car like it were another wireless phone. I'm not completely sure you have to keep On-Star to keep that functionality or not, but I believe you still do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I believe you loose the OnStar phone, but you would keep hands free on your own cell phone via Bluetooth, if so equiped. My hands free tells me it is dialing via my iPhone whenever I place a call from the car. My wife prefers to use the OnStar phone.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts