EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The official Buick Enclave shows a photo, used as a background image, of a dual flat screen DVD screen system. I thought this might be from their concept vehicle, but then tonight I found a reference to it in the downloadable Canadian brochure for the Enclave.

In the [Canadian] brochure on page 22 Buick shows dealer installed options. For example, the supercool key fob which allows you to monitor your tire pressure, stereo, engine , etc from far away from the car. (I could sit in my windowless cubicle at work and remote start my frozen enclave -- then monitor the fuel level, tire pressure, door locks, etc. too cool!). I have not seen the U.S. brochure -- I assume it also has the same picture.

They also mention "..how about a dual head restraint DVD entertainment system with twin flat-screen monitors mounted in the back of each front-seat head restraint?"

Has anyone ordered this DVD system from the dealer? What are the implications to the factory installed DVD/Nav system? (i.e. I want Nav and DVD, what do I order?) What did it cost? Is it really available? Buick exclusive?

Se the Canadian brochure here:
https://www.gmcanada.com/media/vehicles/current/buick/enclave/buick_enclave_brochure_en_CA.pdf
(Adobe PDF file reader required)

You can see this on the official site by looking at the main Enclave page and clicking on Ambiance, then "Quieter than the Lexus 350.."
http://www.buick.com/enclave/index.jsp?cmp=enclave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
thanks for the link to the book... it sure looks a heck of a lot better than ours. i love how they show the colors w/the car right on them. the canadians sure are getting a much better warranty than ours. shoot, i think imma go to canada and get my gm.

check out my post here on the dvd info.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=300.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Remember the distance is in Kilometers not miles.

What warranty part in Canada was longer? We pay more than 15% more after current exchange rates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I inquired at my dealer here in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. He stated that it was not yet available for the Enclave but it was available for the Acadia. He told me the price was about $1900.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zman said:
I inquired at my dealer here in Minnesota a couple of weeks ago. He stated that it was not yet available for the Enclave but it was available for the Acadia. He told me the price was about $1900.
Just stopped in at my Buick/GMC dealer. The salesman there mentioned that the cost was "around 2000" (didn't want to look it up on the spot). He said it is his understanding that headrest DVD players would be available as a factory installed option in the coming months (available now from the dealer). He said he would look into it for me and get pricing. If he produces a new option code, I will share it immediately.

Personally, I am now leaning away from a headrest DVD. With young children I need to control what they are watching a little more closely (i.e. from the front seat). If I had teens with game players and iPods, that might lean me towards the headrest system..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
gbshuler said:
Just stopped in at my Buick/GMC dealer. The salesman there mentioned that the cost was "around 2000" (didn't want to look it up on the spot). He said it is his understanding that headrest DVD players would be available as a factory installed option in the coming months (available now from the dealer). He said he would look into it for me and get pricing. If he produces a new option code, I will share it immediately.

He also opened up a bag of new Enclave brochures. I noticed they had different words on the page showing accessories than the Canadian version. The Canadian version says "dealer installed options". The US version was more like "options". Hmm.. kind of ambiguous.. That's good if you want to see an option for a factory installed headrest DVD..

Personally, I am now leaning away from a headrest DVD. With young children I need to control what they are watching a little more closely (i.e. from the front seat). If I had teens with game players and iPods, that might lean me towards the headrest system..
What would you do with older adults.....be careful and control wht they are watching..... :angel:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
This is off topic, but I compared the standard features in US vs Canadian models.

It looks like the Xenons are only low beam in Canada while in the US both Hi and Low beams are Xeonos.

But on the other hand it looks like CXL comes with Lux and Driver Conf package included. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the HID headlamps are high-beam as well. They wouldn't go out of their way to change something like a headlamp cluster for a country just up north. But, they will go out of their way and overprice the Lambdas 25% more than in the US for us Canadians :angryfire:

Anyway, my dealer just got 7 or so Enclaves in, so I gotta go check them out next time we change the oil on our Montana. I wanna see for sure if the headlamps are bi-functional on the Enclave, and the Acadia as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
jonv112 said:
I'm pretty sure that the HID headlamps are high-beam as well. They wouldn't go out of their way to change something like a headlamp cluster for a country just up north. But, they will go out of their way and overprice the Lambdas 25% more than in the US for us Canadians :angryfire:

Anyway, my dealer just got 7 or so Enclaves in, so I gotta go check them out next time we change the oil on our Montana. I wanna see for sure if the headlamps are bi-functional on the Enclave, and the Acadia as well.
Read the Canadian brochure under Safety...Headlights....Halogen High Beam projectors is what the words say. Not sure what the real story is and maybe there is some law in Canada?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
MsS42 said:
i love how they show the colors w/the car right on them. the canadians sure are getting a much better warranty than ours.
The warranty is the same. We use the metric system up here (50,000 miles = 80,000 km). As far as the exterior
colors go, this is usually the way they are shown in the brochure, as pics of the actual vehicle.

The Acadia brochure also shows the HID option as HID low beam/ Halogen Hi Beam. Not sure if there are regulations
regarding HID high beams or not here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts
linuxtwit said:
The warranty is the same. We use the metric system up here (50,000 miles = 80,000 km). As far as the exterior
colors go, this is usually the way they are shown in the brochure, as pics of the actual vehicle.

The Acadia brochure also shows the HID option as HID low beam/ Halogen Hi Beam. Not sure if there are regulations
regarding HID high beams or not here.
Either law or GM's cost saving technique? HID is a $500 option on Acadia and it still buys you low Xenons, hi beam in Acadia is Halogen is also, compare to other manufacturers where the xenon option buys both sets of lights to be xenon at similar cost.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top