EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDEA! How about when you have a Dealer of Choice to post, take a moment to enter it in this Regional thread also. That way, If we find ourselves in one of those locations, we will have some out of our town help if/when needed. ;D

2Much (Crossposted at each Regional "Child" Board)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: Dealer of Choice

I would give a big thumbs up to Gus Brown of Whitby and McCurdy's of Trenton.

Both have been very good in less than ideal circumstances.

GM Canada on the other hand have been crap.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Re: Dealer of Choice

To date I would give a thumbs up to Woodbine Pontiac Buick on Hwy 27 in Etobicoke (Toronto)

First - easy to deal with on purchase and no problems with dealer prep on delivery

Second - actually listen to customer with regards to requests for transmission module reprogram and went out of their way to provide me a ride to work and back which was outside of their normal zone

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Unfortunately Woodbine is no longer an authorized GM Dealer effective Feb 8, 2010 (just received the letter from GM)

Also, I believe Gus Brown is gone as well.

The other dealer I used, AB Cox went out of business in July.

Plaza Pontiac became a KIA dealer in September. Although I had never used them, it was the closest to my work.

Please post up your dealers in the Toronto area as they are becoming harder to find.

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMHIP2 said:
Please post up your dealers in the Toronto area as they are becoming harder to find.
There is Wilson Niblett Chevrolet in Richmond Hill, East Side Chevrolet at Hwy 7 and Woodbine and Markville Chevrolet near McCowan and Hwy 7 in Markham. (Of course Chevy dealers will perform warranty and maintenance work on any Lambda model).

·
Registered
100 Posts
We purchased our Enclave at Humberview Pontiac Buick only 2 months ago. So far, the service has been outstanding. I took the Enclave in for a transmission update, and some minor warranty work on the door molding. They provided shuttle service to and from work and washed the vehicle too!! Very impressive. I hope the level of service continues. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
copperbeech said:
(Of course Chevy dealers will perform warranty and maintenance work on any Lambda model).
Vanguard said:
Myers Orleans is the local GM shop in Ottawa East. http://mews.myers.ca/en/
Looks like I will be trying Dean Myers (not sure if related to Ottawa dealer) as they list Buick now as part of their line-up.

Highland Chev in Aurora unfortunatly still does not list Buick as one of the brands they service and Slessor in Newmarket is fighting to remain an authorized dealer

·
Registered
256 Posts
IMHIP2 said:
Highland Chev in Aurora unfortunatly still does not list Buick as one of the brands they service
That is very surprising :eek:. It might be worth an actual call/email to their service manager to confirm.

IMHIP2 said:
and Slessor in Newmarket is fighting to remain an authorized dealer
Similarly with Giles Chevrolet in Stouffville. This dealer is very small but I think succeeds because of their size. The remaining dealers are now huge and possibly unresponsive ???

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just bought another Enclave, This time I used Williamson in Uxbridge, they were very easy to deal with and offer a very nice buying experience.

Went to Gus Browns again but not a good feeling.

So my vote now is Williamsons, Uxbridge.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Highland in Aurora is now servicing Buicks (since fall of 2010) and I'm very happy with their service. Used them in the fall and again in the spring for all maintenance and warrenty work.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Since when is Southern Ontario considered Canada East? I always thought that eastern Canada started around the Gaspe region of Quebec eastward through the Maritime Provinces to Newfoundland. Anyway, out here in Canada East Actual - i.e. Nova Scotia - I'm sorry to say that I haven't found a single dealership that has consistently provided me with good service.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone had any good/bad experience with Buick/Chev service locations in the Toronto area recently? It seems that most of the feedback on this thread is a couple of years old and Buick dealers in the Toronto area seem to be dropping like flies.

I have to have some warranty and maintenance work done on my Enclave and would value any feedback.

Have a great weekend!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am surprised that the GM dealership network is still shrinking in the Toronto area. It seems that it has held steady near my home in the Central New Jersey area regardless of the continued sluggishness of the local economy. How is the local Toronto economy lately?

·
Registered
250 Posts
canuk said:
Anyone had any good/bad experience with Buick/Chev service locations in the Toronto area recently? It seems that most of the feedback on this thread is a couple of years old and Buick dealers in the Toronto area seem to be dropping like flies.

I have to have some warranty and maintenance work done on my Enclave and would value any feedback.

Have a great weekend!
The same thing happend here in Halifax. After the bail out, GM shut down a lot of their dealerships. Instead of having one Buick, one Chevy and one Pontiac dealership all within a ten km radius, they shut down two of them and left one open. I used to take it to a Buick dealership, but now I bring it to Chevy/Cadillac dealership. Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I am surprised that the GM dealership network is still shrinking in the Toronto area. It seems that it has held steady near my home in the Central New Jersey area regardless of the continued sluggishness of the local economy. How is the local Toronto economy lately?
Although the Toronto economy has consistently been one of the strongest in the country the dealerships seem to be amalgamating (as WPNSO mentioned above), and the locations with positive reviews have mostly diasppeared.

A lot of the on-line review sites are flooded with reviews that are at either end of the spectrum i.e. "10/10, the best experience of my life" or "1/10, run screaming out the door". Obviously these are likely mostly fake reviews from competing dealership employees/aquaintances vs legitimate customers.

This forum seems like the most promising source of honest feedback on dealerships.

Is anyone aware of any other online resources that might give honest feedback on dealership service experiences in Canada?

·
Registered
238 Posts
i found that is not so much about the dealer but mostly about the service agent you are dealing with. Every dealership has the ass**** service rep that is going to give you a hardtime and treat you like he was the customer instead of you.

My advice is find a service rep that is going to listen to you and treat you as a customer. I go to addison on eglinton and dixie and i only deal with one rep there . I will avoid neil at all cost , that man should not be working at addison.

Odd part is that addison on dundas has better reviews than the one at eglinton and dixie , but I had a hard time with their customer rep ( maybe its just the one i dealt with) so i decided to go to the eglinton location and i ve have nothing but positives things to say about them

·
Registered
20 Posts
I go to Bolton GM, more because its where I live. I've been getting my Grand Prix fixed there for 5 years and haven't had an issue. Bought our Enclave there a few weeks back and haven't ad to go in for any work yet so we will see.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts