EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently visited with a dealer who sounds reputable over the phone. In discussing the possible order he indicated mine would be first in line with the exception that 7 passenger seating configuration is on limited production and that would be the only thing that would get in the way of my order being first on the list.

Has anyone heard the standard seating configuration is on limited production? Sounds like his allotment is at times conditional on taking the 8 passenger version.

Your knowlege is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know that there are very few 8 passenger versions ordered and even fewer on dealer lots.

We are very happy with our 8 passenger configuration, but I understand the appeal of the middle captains chairs.

TM

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received e-mails from the dealer this morning stating reservations about getting the car I want by mid-March (our deadline at the moment) due to the variable constraints imposed by the factory. I'll quote info from 3 e-mail messages:

"Unfortunately, we do not know about the available quantity of the constraint allocation until Tuesday of the week that the vehicles are to be placed. For example, this week there are no constraints on the 7 passenger configuration, but there are only 708 available to be built with the PCK luxury package, and 0 for the center console. These constraints will change on a weekly basis. I hope this helps".

"Also, I forgot to clarify the allocation on the PCK Luxury package. While there will be 708 available, at this time we have 0 allocation for that package. Additionally, there will be 151 available for the diamond white, and again 0 for us. This is what makes it so frustrating as a dealer. We have customers for these vehicles, yet we aren’t always available to be built as the customer wants".

"After reviewing the equipment content, along with the list of constrained options and packages, I must say that I am somewhat concerned about being able to deliver an Enclave with your specs by mid-March. I will leave it up to you to let me know how to proceed. Thanks again".

Again, forum comments are appreciated. There are Enclaves available here in central Iowa (at least 7 that I know of within 30 miles), but not with the desired configuration for us. Do the above remarks fit? Why should ordering an expensive car be so arduous? To echo others on this forum, these problems are part of the rationale for buying foreign cars since the mid-70s :angryfire:(I very rarely use emoticons).

Then, when I hear GM has reduced the workforce from 3 to 2 shifts at the lamda plant, it adds to concern about manipulating the market. In any case, does anyone have an opinion about acquiring the car by the first week of March if the order is placed in the near future? We are after a red jewell, driver confidence pkg, trailering pkg, luxury pkg, 7-spoke chrome wheels, and either entertainment pkg #1 or #3 (can't decide about need for the camera and usefulness of the nav).

Maybe some of these comments should be on other threads, but I would appreciate input. Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sounds like you have a sweet ride in the making, especially with the color and option combination. You should stick with what you want and give the dealer a chance to get one. Perhaps shopping at another dealer that has better allocation would help.

Some on this list had to wait a while to get what they wanted. I don't believe the numbers justify an extra shift at the Lambda plant, unless plans to export the Enclave to China materialize.

TM

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, the dealer is certainly being very forthcoming. Some won't even discuss the 'allocation issue' with customers. I believe everything he told you is accurate. Would you want to check availability across the country on in stock vehicles? It could then be shipped to you or you could fly and drive it home? I think the Mid March deadline wil be a tough one to meet with an order. You can also call around and see if any dealers have an allocation they would be willing to use for your order, but again, the scheduling is tight. (Some dealers get more allocations than others based on prior sales, so large Buick dealers are where you want to place your order.)
Also, do you really want the center console? I am very happy without it because I like that center aisle. And the back up camera is a definite yes from me because rear visibilty (especially near the ground) without it is poor.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Get what you want, don't settle. The rear consule I think will be the biggest issue as most of us on this forum DO NOT BELIEVE that they are available at all yet. I ordered in June, WDT, luxury package both of which had constraints and from a small dealer with few allocations. I got mine just as I ordered in 14 weeks. Mid March is what, 12 weeks from now, so it could be tough. Another larger dealer may be the answer. I would just say that with this expensive a vehicle, I wanted what I wanted and was not willing to sacrifice it due to the wait. I have been on this forum quite a while now and it seems to me that most orders are filling in 8-10 weeks vs. 12-16 in the past. Go to topics entitled October orders, Sept. orders and you will get a feel for how fast people are getting them. In terms of the constraints, althoug I think although the dealer is being honest with you, they are over-rated in terms of delaying the order in my opinion.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your feedback so far. I, too, believe in getting what I want, especially after a long wait for a particular car/model. I have had a contact with another dealer with the configuration I want, but with a sunroof. Doesn't make sense to me to have one in Iowa with hot sun in summer and grey sky in winter -- if I still lived in Colorado, yes. Also, with all the engineering that went into a quiet cabin, why risk noise from extra "holes" in the roof? Just my opinion. Comments there, too would help. This particular red jewel has around 1700 miles and is for sale for any interested.

Keep the comments coming -- they help - I've been reading silently since last April.

Bill

·
Registered
405 Posts
I did read where someone else regretted not getting the sunrrof because she felt the interior was very dark (black interior) without it. Have you been in one without the sunroof just to be sure? It really opens up the interior, sunny or not!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I did read where someone else regretted not getting the sunrrof because she felt the interior was very dark (black interior) without it. Have you been in one without the sunroof just to be sure? It really opens up the interior, sunny or not!
I agree, it really does open things up in the cabin especially in the back seat. I can tell you that it does not add to any sound in the cabin. If this has everything else you want, but has this, if you are not against it completely, don't let it hold you back, I think you would like it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The sunroof lowers the bottom of the video screen an inch or two, which for tall people, would obstruct their rear view mirror too much, IMO. Otherwise, I would also say go with the sunroof. I would not because I'm tall and would not want to restrict rear vision any more than I have to.

TM

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, I have been in several Enclaves with Cas. and Grey interiors and didn't notice any particular darkness. The 13 y/o would be the best judge, as she generally sits in the 2nd row. We will rarely use the 3rd row seating, except for school jaunts with other kids in the car.

At 6-2, I'm tall from the waist up and have had problems feeling comfortable with sunroofs in general, although I can fit in the Enclave so equiped. Something to think about, if the local dealer makes me an offer I may be tempted to refuse! Still, I want to put my own stains on the carpet with mud from my own shoes in this nasty Iowa weather. We'll see.............. Wish I could get the ordering/purchasing process over with so I can obsess on other things.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
blurrybill said:
We'll see.............. Wish I could get the ordering/purchasing process over with so I can obsess on other things.
Oh believe me, the "obsessing" part only gets worse after you order...[/color] :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tin Man said:
The sunroof lowers the bottom of the video screen an inch or two, which for tall people, would obstruct their rear view mirror too much, IMO. Otherwise, I would also say go with the sunroof. I would not because I'm tall and would not want to restrict rear vision any more than I have to.

TM
You can always put the tv's in the back of the headrests in the front seat. That is an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts