EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my nav map screen, there are many small dots along some of the routes. How do I get rid of the dots?

I had previously played with the Points of Interest controls, and maybe the dots represent points of interest like restaurants or gas stations. But, on the POI screen, I cleared all the icons from the top left of the screen and still I have those pesky dots on the map screen. On the upper right of the POI screen there is a Show POI button. I tried the button and the dots are still there.

How do I get rid of the dots?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I believe what you are describing is off route tracking. I am at the office so I can't tell you the exact terms, but if you go to the nav menu and look around you will see a box for off road tracking or something to that affect. Take that off and the dots will go away.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If I took off the small dots on the map I would not be able to see my road. It is not just off road tracks in Ontario it is most Rural Routes.

This is just another poor element of the nav system mapping. Small portable units at a fraction of the cost show my road, GM nav shows it as dots and says "turn by turn guidance is not available" - TomTom tell me the name of the road. go figure

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bsox said:
I believe what you are describing is off route tracking. I am at the office so I can't tell you the exact terms, but if you go to the nav menu and look around you will see a box for off road tracking or something to that affect. Take that off and the dots will go away.
I'm not sure what the "nav menu" is. But I hit the Dest hard key ordered up routing to a destination. Then I was able to find a "Detour" button. None of the options for the Detour button seemed relevent. I couldn't find anything relevant to off-route tracking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
asgard said:
If I took off the small dots on the map I would not be able to see my road. It is not just off road tracks in Ontario it is most Rural Routes.

This is just another poor element of the nav system mapping. Small portable units at a fraction of the cost show my road, GM nav shows it as dots and says "turn by turn guidance is not available" - TomTom tell me the name of the road. go figure
I get the dots on some major roads and some minor roads, but not on all major or minor roads. I seem to remember an earlier time with my nav system where I had no dots on the same roads that are dotted now. So I think the problem has resulted from my doing something with the settings. I've checked the manual several times but I can find no mention of the dots. I think the other poster may be correct, that the nav system is using the dots to indicate some sort of route -- maybe an alternative route, a way back to the programmed route, a detour, or something of that sort.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Get the nav screen on your display. Press the hard menu button on the right side of the console. On the touch screen press Nav. The first screen that comes up, the bottom box says "Off-road route". Make sure that this is not highlighted and the dots will go away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bsox said:
Get the nav screen on your display. Press the hard menu button on the right side of the console. On the touch screen press Nav. The first screen that comes up, the bottom box says "Off-road route". Make sure that this is not highlighted and the dots will go away.
Thanks, bsox. That cured it.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Your welcome. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts