EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Lansing State Journal, dated today 11-13-07. www.lsj.com
Overall, inventory levels at the Delta plant that makes our Enclaves edged up from October.
Acadia: more than 2 months supply
Outlook: 4 months supply
Enclave: 27 DAY supply

60 days is optimum, so the Acadia is right on target, Outlook is dying, and the Enclave remains HOT HOT HOT :thumb:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
612 Posts
MRBUICK said:
According to the Lansing State Journal, dated today 11-13-07. www.lsj.com
Overall, inventory levels at the Delta plant that makes our Enclaves edged up from October.
Acadia: more than 2 months supply
Outlook: 4 months supply
Enclave: 27 DAY supply

60 days is optimum, so the Acadia is right on target, Outlook is dying, and the Enclave remains HOT HOT HOT :thumb:

MRBUICK
They really need to up the rebate on the Outlook. $500 on a 2008 model is about $2000 too little. I drew up a spreadsheet which showed that if I could get an Enclave at close to invoice it would be the same price as the similar equipped Outlook. With a longer warranty, QuietTuning, special headlights, better tires, Bose stereo, bigger wheels.. and on and on, the decision was easy! I ordered an Enclave. For $2000 less, I would be ordering an Outlook.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the catch, MRBUICK. The article puts the Enclave inventory at about the same level as the Cadillac CTS - I can live with that!

Here's a LSJ quote (11/08/2007) from a UAW meeting about the return to two shifts:

Here's where the problem lies ... GM's best sales month on these products was October. They sold roughly 14,000 combined vehicles. This facility on two shifts can run 14,000. That's without any overtime.
Factories are somewhat like supermarkets. You can run them all night, but sometimes the customer is better served if you reserve the third shift for maintenance.

So, by doing the obvious thing (shifting some Outlook production to Enclave) they probably hope to satisfy demand for all three models with two shifts and without excessive rebates on Outlooks. (Except for "conquests" from Odyssey, Sienna, maybe Dodge).

When the Chevy goes into production with its own plant, the nation will be flooded with highly promoted entry-level Traverses (which, if fully tricked out, probably won't cost much less than the others).

All this is my own speculation, of course; yours may vary.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Clave Man said:
They really need to up the rebate on the Outlook. $500 on a 2008 model is about $2000 too little. I drew up a spreadsheet which showed that if I could get an Enclave at close to invoice it would be the same price as the similar equipped Outlook. With a longer warranty, QuietTuning, special headlights, better tires, Bose stereo, bigger wheels.. and on and on, the decision was easy! I ordered an Enclave. For $2000 less, I would be ordering an Outlook.
That is exactly my thought process when I compared the two. For about the same price I got much more with the Buick including options not even available with the Outlook

·
Registered
405 Posts
Totally agree, Clave man! I was ready to purchase the Outlook when the one I had decided upon was sold. My hesitation over the purchase was that the price just did not seem to 'fit' with the other Lambda's. It would cost me MORE ($1100) to purchase the Outlook than the Acadia and the Acadia is a more expensive vehicle and has HUD. But I knew I wanted the brown with tan interior and the Acadia did not have the tan interior. I had not even considered the Enclave because I did not want to wait for an order. Once the Outlook was sold and I ran the numbers for the Enclave, I went and test drove it and fell in love! And I am getting EXACTLY what I want. The Enclave will cost me $1757 more than the Outlook. The Enclave is definitely worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts