EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem is truly extraordinary. :blob:
Has anyone else turned on the windshield wiper/washer while pushing up the stalk signaling for a right turn? That darn button on the end. Doesn't happen while pulling down for a left.
Although, it probably is more of a design flaw with the driver's fingers than the vehicle. Oh Well! :eek:hno: :p

Wayne

·
Registered
389 Posts
sunshadw said:
This problem is truly extraordinary. :blob:
Has anyone else turned on the windshield wiper/washer while pushing up the stalk signaling for a right turn? That darn button on the end. Doesn't happen while pulling down for a left.
Although, it probably is more of a design flaw with the driver's fingers than the vehicle. Oh Well! :eek:hno: :p

Wayne
No. I turn mine on when I push the button for the cruise control ... or at least where the button for the cruise control was located on GM cars since the 1960s. Still can't get used to that change.

·
Registered
47 Posts
rwagoner said:
No. I turn mine on when I push the button for the cruise control ... or at least where the button for the cruise control was located on GM cars since the 1960s. Still can;t get used to that change.
Same Here what a pain in the A$$

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
No problems here. My main gripe is the rear wiper control being on the center console. I much prefer the arrangement in my Outback. The turn signal has no wiper controls at all. Instead there is another stalk on the right hand side of the wheel that controls all wiper functions. I strongly prefer this set-up.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Now THAT I agree with!

That is the way the Lexus' do and the Equinox we had was the same way. You would think GM would try to standardize a few things that are great ideas across all lines, and all cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
rwagoner said:
No. I turn mine on when I push the button for the cruise control ... or at least where the button for the cruise control was located on GM cars since the 1960s. Still can't get used to that change.
I have the same problem also

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had the same problem too. It really pissed me off becasue the first time it happened was right after I washed Blue Magic. I had to redo the windows when I got back home.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
rwagoner said:
:ditto:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Man, I have not done any of these things. I want to say something smart A## here about manual dexterity or something, but I am biting my tongue (aka fingers) instead. This thread belongs in that other nit picking thread :cheers:

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's not a big deal, but I did prefer the wiper control and rear wiper control on the same stick, as my '05 Terraza had. And yes, I've hit the washer button a few times, too. Itchy trigger finger, I guess.

·
Registered
325 Posts
bsox said:
Man, I have not done any of these things. I want to say something smart A## here about manual dexterity or something, but I am biting my tongue (aka fingers) instead. This thread belongs in that other nit picking thread :cheers:
I agree bsox.....good grief! :cheers:

·
Registered
661 Posts
oh, oh. Here goes my age. My biggest gripe about ALL recent cars and trucks is the headlight dimmer on a stalk. It was much handier on the floor where god intended it to be. ;D

·
Registered
333 Posts
noneb4god said:
I've had the same problem too. It really pissed me off becasue the first time it happened was right after I washed Blue Magic. I had to redo the windows when I got back home.
been there, done that after switching between cars. The chances of it happening increase dramatically in the minutes and hours after a fresh detailing :banghead:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wasn't complaining about the car at all. Just my stupidity for forgetting the cruise control location had changed.

I do like the old location better, but I don't care. At least it is still standardized across lines. And a lot of people (not myself by the way) like steering wheel controls.

Richard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts