EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one think any potential changes to the 2008 1/2 or 2009 Enclave will be mentioned or released?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I seriously think they will have any changes to the '09 as they haven't finished getting all the missing pieces to the '08 installed. i do know the white diamond is being discontinued as of january '08 to the platinum ice metallic, other than this change, i don't forsee anything else.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sarends said:
I'll put a little money on a mid-98 (or sooner) drivetrain enhancement.
Mid 98 is that between 2008 and 2009? Do you mean a direct inject or all the way to a V8?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Either one, but given GM's propensity for V8s, I would guess a V8. With the Enclave's success I don't think GM/Buick will late an entire model year before going after the (more) performance oriented crowd that is buying the more powerful versions of the following vehicles:

Audi Q7 (280 HP or 350HP)
Acura MDX - (300HP)
Mercedes GL450 - (215HP, 335HP or 382HP)
BMW X5 - (260HP or 350HP)

I think the Enclave is beggiing for a 300HP (plus) option given the above competitive offerings.

Canuck said:
Mid 98 is that between 2008 and 2009? Do you mean a direct inject or all the way to a V8?

G

·
sarends said:
Either one, but given GM's propensity for V8s, I would guess a V8. With the Enclave's success I don't think GM/Buick will late an entire model year before going after the (more) performance oriented crowd that is buying the more powerful versions of the following vehicles:

Audi Q7 (280 HP or 350HP)
Acura MDX - (300HP)
Mercedes GL450 - (215HP, 335HP or 382HP)
BMW X5 - (260HP or 350HP)

I think the Enclave is beggiing for a 300HP (plus) option given the above competitive offerings.
wow do you really think so, i wish they would just tell us, i would wait then on purchasing, i might wait till 09 model year if i can stand it but, well see .

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd go for the 300 hp for now. Bet GM is waiting to see how strong the tranny is. Jury is still out on it.. Once proven, I'd bet we get more hp.

Galen

·
Registered
743 Posts
Also, I believe Caddy is coming out with a V6 300 +/- a few HP. I feel pretty certain they will go with that on the 09 Enclave. I would love to have it too, but I've waited long enough. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts