EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've confirmed the infamous freon leak in the front-rear AC lines, but can't seem to find a diagram anywhere online that shows how the lines are actually arranged.

There's 4 lines bundled together. Just in front of the rear passenger-side wheel, they go through a mounting block, and then turn upwards in front of the wheel well. It is a bit hard to see, because a couple of the lines are wrapped in what seems to be some sort of heat shield, but one also goes into a rubber covering - I can't tell if it is just a rubber insulating layer, or another rubber line. Regardless, I'm seeing freon bubbling out right at the junction of the rubber line. Just trying to find a good diagram to figure out if there's any hope of a DIY repair or if it is time to take out that 2nd mortgage....

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is no DYI fix since the refrigerant pressure is very high 200+ psi so you will need to get the leaking line replaced and a evacuate and fill of the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pressure is not high. Again - leak in the high-pressure line, current pressure in the lines is approx 20 psi on the low side, and 30 psi on the high side after a couple of days of leak down. System will not hold pressure on the high pressure side at all.

I already have a decent manifold gauge and know how to use it, and with the $1500+ that it seems dealers want for this repair, I'm MORE than happy to buy a pump to evacuate whatever refrigerant is left in the lines. If I can find any sort of guide to disconnecting the lines and replacing them, I expect I'll save about $1000. Parts cost for the new lines is about $375-400 most places.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing