EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DIC is flickering. (Man, that sounds dirty!)

Every once in a while, I'll notice the DIC will flicker off/on (usually just once). One time, there was a slight hesitation (just a hiccup) in the engine. The rest of the times, it only seems to affect the DIC. It's not setting any code and it's only flickering once each episode.

What could be the cause of this? Is there something I can fix/replace as a preventative measure?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Nothing I can think of at the moment---- that would cause this....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened again this morning (ironically, on the way to the dealer to pick up some misc parts). The dealer hooked up their $3k machine and showed a number of faults. Close to 12 were relatively minor motor related faults that could have come from bad gas (the truck, not me). The one that is a concern is the "Loss of Communication" fault. The service writer said it could be anything from a bad connection to the need for a new BCM (@ ~$800!!). I'll take it in Thursday so they can put it on their $10k machine and try to pin this down. Not like I'm not broke already. Now they want another 100 bucks to diagnose this. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't bought this. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
MONK
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing