EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I founs this

https://www.enclaveforum.net/24-int...-drivers-information-center-inoperable-2.html
Post 12 of 13

Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 AM gig229

Re: drivers information center inoperable
There's a fuse called the IPC fuse (located in the fuse panel in the passenger side under the instrument panel). It's for the DIC display. With the car OFF, pull out this fuse. Wait at least one minute, then put back in the fuse. Start the car and the DIC should come up. I had the same thing happen to my 09 Enclave when I had it repaired for something else at the dealer. This trick worked. See the post http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=1631.0 for more information.

No need to take it back to the dealer for this minor issue.

2009 Enclave CX Gold Mist FWD, Bose stereo, Driver confidence pkg.

I hope this works

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pulling the fuse did not help in my case. I can't find it now but I read a post on one forum from someone at GM that said the problem should correct itself eventually. I searched for Instrument Panel Cluster repair on Youtube and on a search engine. I found some places that can repair the IPC on an Enclave for around $200. I continued to drive my 08 enclave for a couple of weeks and the DIC started working again all by itself and has been flawless for about three weeks now. So, if you have this problem, my recommendation is to be patient and drive the car for a couple of weeks and see what happens. It is not very often that car problems fix themselves but this may be a communications error that will eventually do just that. I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I founs this

drivers information center inoperable
Post 12 of 13

Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 AM gig229

Re: drivers information center inoperable
There's a fuse called the IPC fuse (located in the fuse panel in the passenger side under the instrument panel). It's for the DIC display. With the car OFF, pull out this fuse. Wait at least one minute, then put back in the fuse. Start the car and the DIC should come up. I had the same thing happen to my 09 Enclave when I had it repaired for something else at the dealer. This trick worked. See the post GMC Acadia Forum for more information.

No need to take it back to the dealer for this minor issue.

2009 Enclave CX Gold Mist FWD, Bose stereo, Driver confidence pkg.

I hope this works

I have 2013 Buick Enclave and i had a new battery put in, and my DIC stop working and I tried this and it worked Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with mine but now it either stays on or it goes dark period. No flickering just a gradual fade out then nothing. If it sits a while like when we go get groceries etc., when we start it back up it works or it doesn't. No rhyme or reason, just decides to light up or not. Is it time to replace the cluster altogether or is there a fix? Fuse does not seem to be the issue since it lights up at first but then fades out after driving a few miles. I would like to find the solution as we love this car!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts