EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
As more & more people are buying veh's from the US the dealership people here in Canada are supposedly syaing that the US model veh are not upto Canadian safety standards. Is this true for Enclave or any GM products. And does this affect any of the other makes as well.

Maybe someone who works in one of the GM plants can explian? Or anyone with some idea if this is true. Please explain.
Or is it a gimmick that the dealerships/sales people are doing here in Canada?

Thanks

Jaimon

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I say, now that Canadian dollar is higher than U.S and US price is at least 5-7K less it make sense to buy it in the US. who care if it doesnt meet Canadian standards. What are the C std anyways, it will stop automatically at Moose crossing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I checked into it as I also considering buying in US. Also spoke with engineeer who worked on lambda design team. No difference. Apart from daytime running lights and gauges being in KM vs MPH....and the bilingual stickers. The dealers are using their BS scare tactics. If you bring it from US you will be without warranty for first 6months. After that GM Canada will honor warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts