EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just took deliver on our Enclave. The audio option we purchased was the Nav system. I believe it was option #3.

Am I the only one who is disappointed with the Bose system in the Enclave? I was rather shocked on how average it sounds when playing CD's, radio etc.

If I had went with option #4, would the audio sound better than option #3 nav system (2 channel stereo source such as CD's)? In other words, did we get the watered down BOSE version because we went with option #3?

Love the truck otherwise!

.....Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need to crank up the bass and treble. When I test-drove the Enclave, I was really bothered by how lousy the stereo sounded, but I later learned that it was set at the factory settings. I also have the #3, and I think it sounds awesome. A good quality cd will sound truly spectacular.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bumped up the treble almost all the way, left the bass in the middle and backed off on the mids a little on mine. I have Ent. #4, but the stereo should be the same for any package that has BOSE. Unless, the 10 speaker system only comes with a package that has DVD?! (1 subwoofer, 1 center channel, 2 - front, 2 - second row, 2 - 3rd row.)

I find the stereo to be not as loud as I'd like, but it does sound good. You'll find CD's with a good mix definitely sound better than CD's that aren't well mixed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We are not alone in our disappoinment with Bose...just cruised over to the Infiniti forum and here is some of what I found:

Not to bag on Bose too much, but ... well . . . I'm gonna bag on Bose:
"Wide range" 6.5 inch door speakers = no crossover, muddy highs, mediocre lows.
"Twidder" = no high crossover, muddy highs
Propietary Bose DSP = you can't replace the bose crap with anyone else's speakers.
2 4.5 inch woofers = not real bass, no matter how big an "enclosure" you use.[/color] (I think is why some are so disappointed in the Enclave system)
Still not Dolby 5.1(+) or other real surround sound.
C'mon Infiniti- why not leave blank cutouts in the doors/dash, shave off $1000, and let consumers install their own much better sounds system for half the price? And for heaven's sake, stop integrating the sound into the A/C and other vehicle controls![/color]

Please not another Bose bashing thread... [/color]

;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the Bose system is somewhat disappointing too - there's definitely a lack of that rumbling bass that you usually get with higher end systems, and the volume won't blast you out of the parking lot when tailgating. I also wish for foldout rear speakers a la Jeep Compass, and tailgate audio controls as available on the Acadia.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was also disappointed. It's no better than the tatty speakers in our other car... a KIA!!! And I'm a Bose fan in general, not sure what's wrong with this set up though.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I still don't understand.......My Bose is outstanding ! I love it. I'm very critical of my Music and I can't ask for a better Sound !

·
Registered
405 Posts
jcflorida said:
The system you are discussing is a Delphi system (with Bose speakers), not a Bose system.
Thanks for the info! I had read the system was not a BOSE, but then could not find any further info. So is the 'problem' (disappoinment) caused by the Delphi SYSTEM or the Bose SPEAKERS?

·
Registered
33 Posts
*Enclave* said:
So is the 'problem' (disappoinment) caused by the Delphi SYSTEM or the Bose SPEAKERS?
Can't say for sure without looking at the output from the Delphi system. However, the Bose speakers probably sound better than the standard speakers regardless of what system is driving them. That being said, better-than-standard does not mean good. [bash on/] Bose has transformed itself from a high-end audio company to a high-end marketing company and the audio quality of today's Bose products is not that of the products from 20 or 30 years ago. [/bash off]

·
Registered
107 Posts
the Bose is weak suck to say the least................

·
Registered
405 Posts
rick418cars said:
the Bose is weak suck to say the least................
So Rick, would you change out the speakers or the system or both? Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Of course my opinion is biased toward Eclipse car audio equipment as that what I installed in my Enclave.
14 speakers total including 2-12" subs 4-amplifiers, AV system with navagation, iPod intergration, Sirius radio,
HDD radio, back eye camera, front eye camera, dual zone dvd capability,Bluetooth, On-Star still works and so
does the RAP(retained acc. pwr) and steering wheel controls. I put monitors in each headrest of the two first
rows of seats and the factory flip down was wired up to work as well. i don't like the rear amp placement and
am planning to make a 2nd row center console to hold the two amps and two cd changers that way no usable space has been taken away from the rear area. It sounds unbelievable and with the super quiet cabin and the Hushmat we installed to address resonance makes for a great listening environment.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Wow, Rick that looks incredible! I love the FIVE! DVD screens. And the cargo area carpet replaced, that makes sense, what did you put there, plastic? I bet you can't wait to get her back. How much longer before she comes home?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm picking her up at the CES show the second week of Jan. can't wait............ ;D

·
Registered
107 Posts
at the Wynn hotel Buick press event..................

Attachments

1 - 20 of 74 Posts