EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Today on the way to the airport, 3 car pileup about 7 cars in front of us, dry pavement and sunny. So much drama nowadays with everyone texting and emailing and surfing.

Then once we got down to FLA, an extension ladder flies off the roof of a van. So glad we ran it over with our Nissan Quest rental. If I did that with my. Me coupe likely to be $6k in damages to the suspension :banghead:

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
So many idiots still on the road that just don't care what damages they might cause to others or themselves.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
cfedor said:
So many idiots still on the road that just don't care what damages they might cause to others or themselves.
Bullseye! Bingo! Spot on! :sosad:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
john 070 said:
Today on the way to the airport, 3 car pileup about 7 cars in front of us, dry pavement and sunny. So much drama nowadays with everyone texting and emailing and surfing.

Then once we got down to FLA, an extension ladder flies off the roof of a van. So glad we ran it over with our Nissan Quest rental. If I did that with my. Me coupe likely to be $6k in damages to the suspension :banghead:
Sounds like just another typical day in 2016 USA. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Sounds like just another typical day in 2016 USA. :eek:hno:
. Think about this one.....say you're in a Residence Inn by Marriott, and there are ropes in place to maintain order and flow at the free breakfast. There are many who step over the rope, eat with their hands in line, cut, etc. now imagine those folks getting on the road, and texting and emailing.

In my life, I have never had a ladder fall off of any vehicle on a toll road. That's beyond careless.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My Enclave was rearended 4 times. 3 of those times were due to distracted driving (even the drivers admitted that they were distracted). The 4th incident was due to careless driving; following too close. Distracted driving is common.

·
Registered
848 Posts
john 070 said:

Reminds me of us driving back from a vacation several years ago and we almost had a collision with a big coke ice chest that fell off a truck in front of us. :eek:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Today, I was behind a trash truck and did not pass it as there was a crosswalk and oncoming traffic could not be seen (not to mention have a little respect for the safety of the sanitation engineers).

A school bus lays into me with its horn, then moves out, crosses the double yellow and speeds off. Since I caught it at the next light, I took some pics of it clearly identifying its number and license plate.

Today, those pics are useless. But someday in the future, we'll upload the mp100 dashcam video in 12,000p to a municipal website, the driver will be fired, and life will be sweet like a rhapsody. :drunk:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
john 070 said:
Today, I was behind a trash truck and did not pass it as there was a crosswalk and oncoming traffic could not be seen (not to mention have a little respect for the safety of the sanitation engineers).

A school bus lays into me with its horn, then moves out, crosses the double yellow and speeds off. Since I caught it at the next light, I took some pics of it clearly identifying its number and license plate.

Today, those pics are useless. But someday in the future, we'll upload the mp100 dashcam video in 12,000p to a municipal website, the driver will be fired, and life will be sweet like a rhapsody. :drunk:
The bus driver probably desperately needed to lay into someone. Since that lay was not through mutual consent, you probably should report it to the authorities. ;D

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
On the way home, a girl maybe 17-20 was driving like Mario Andretti in a late model Accord. Her judgement was way off. She made an abrupt change to the right cutting off a Coca Cola tractor trailer, only to find that lane is stopped due to a delivery truck double-parked. She threw her hands up in the air. Went into the left, then right, and the same thing happened, only now she could not change lanes again.

It makes me wonder, and to put things into context, I lacked judgement too, but consider myself a skilled driver, as at her age I was stopped for 155 in a 55 by the NYS police. Meaning, at her age, I may have been mistaken about my invincibility or mortality, but I would still be looking ahead to anticipate stopped traffic, and was able to be successful at autocrossing etc. (I used to get a kick out of seeing GTI's on 3 wheels when they participated) Is this something her parents are supposed to be teaching her? :confused:

Everytime I see kids riding their bikes on the left side, against traffic, I feel like telling them you're riding on the wrong side of the road, but isn't that something their parents should have taught them?

Even today, I see full blown 50+ adults making aggressive lane changes only to be stopped and discover they are in the wrong lane (there is a pattern to commuting)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts