EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read in alot of places that gm and ford developed the 6 speed tranny together, did ford use it on the egde and lincoln on the mk?

if they did, does it have the same lag as the gm crossovers? just curious.

thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Not from what I have heard but I suspect Ford did the "tuning" on their applications. I personally think this is all software related and that there is nothing inherently wrong with the 6 speed tranny that they developed together.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know it is a software issue, i am just curious if the fords and lincolns needed it too :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i know it is a software issue, i am just curious if the fords and lincolns needed it too :thumb:
Probably not due to the difference in weight. This was a joint effort between GM and Ford, but they both do their own programing. This joint tranny is GM based, so don't fear the Ford thing too much. ;D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I drove a rental Ford Edge last week and must say I was impressed with the engine/tranny performance. It did seem to have the "lag" issue though when flooring it while at highway speed, but this "lighter" CUV would really haul a$$. HOWEVER, the interior is BUTT UGLY.......I am so glad I am buying a GM. What is Ford thinking with their interior design? Obviously Michael Burton is "the man" when it comes to designing interiors....I am glad he is at GM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Edge, MKX, Fusion, and MKZ use the same 6 speed hardware as the lambda's, but Ford and GM modify the software program to each vehicle.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree with ccaats about the Ford Edge interior.....it is so cheap looking it is butt ugly!! Looks like something you'd see in a cheap Korean car. I can't believe how they praise this car in their commericals.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firebird said:
I agree with ccaats about the Ford Edge interior.....it is so cheap looking it is butt ugly!! Looks like something you'd see in a cheap Korean car. I can't believe how they praise this car in their commericals.
:ditto: :ditto: :bootyshake: :moon: ugly

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Maybe it's because I've just had a beer :beer: but I just noticed how funny the title of this thread looks :jaw: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
ccaats said:
Maybe it's because I've just had a beer :beer: but I just noticed how funny the title of this thread looks :jaw: :eek:
:hijacked: I get a kick out of the clear bra thread. It sounds like it could be a discussion of Victoria's Secret's fall collection over there.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
axiama said:
:hijacked: I get a kick out of the clear bra thread. It sounds like it could be a discussion of Victoria's Secret's fall collection over there.
i guess i need a beer because i dont get it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
they said tranny instead of transmission! ha ha :blob: now do you get it

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gmoney_2010 said:
they said tranny instead of transmission! ha ha :blob: now do you get it
I SAY tranny, im the one who started it, i still dont get it. wheres that modelo

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
nevermind, maybe i misunderstood what they thought was funny too.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
"Crossover" is what "trannies" do - they "crossover" to the other side. Now do you get it? Nevermind, my mind was just in the gutter :beer: :beer:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ccaats said:
"Crossover" is what "trannies" do - they "crossover" to the other side. Now do you get it? Nevermind, my mind was just in the gutter :beer: :beer:
still dont get it, i did a google search and this thred came up, so maybe its best i don't know.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So if you have the AWD (Male version) and put a Clear Bra on him you now have a Crossover >:D

:rofl:

I am with ya!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts