EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying not to get too deep with this.........but someone mentioned it on my post about cashmere vs. ebony interior. Does the exterior of the Enclave evoke a different feel TO YOU personally, based on the color??? I.e. is the ebony more 'classic', the red more 'fast, exciting', the titanium more 'understated', the cocoa more 'casual'???? Not that this matters AT ALL, it's more of a 'fun' question than anything else :))))) You know those color 'personality' tests??? I guess this is the equivalent ;D

SM

·
Registered
484 Posts
Having not seen all the colors available I had to choose from the website. The Blue-Gold Crystal, which is what I ordered, is different to me than the pics I have seen of it. It is darker, sort of gunmetal blue, in my estimation. It is OK, but I wouldn't have ordered it if I had seen it first. I envisioned it much lighter than it is. It is too masculine for me. :angel: TechnoMarvel loves the color. I probably would have gone with White Diamond or Gold Mist, now that I have seen all the colors.

Also, I did not like the Cocoa color at all when I first saw it and just recently, I have really warmed to it. It is very nice. I think a brown car just has to grow on you. ;D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Personally, Gold, Silver and Black give a luxury feel; white and red are sporty, and Crimson, Ming Blue and Cocoa are more of a refined, older choice. I don't mean that as an insult all you young guys! ;D The blue-gold really doesn't fall anywhere for me.

·
Registered
54 Posts
jacko said:
All in fun..check out this link on car colors!
http://urltea.com/2msa
The site refers to pink cars as being driven by caring and affectionate people. Sorry, but, where to pink cars even exist other than as a Mary Kay reward?? ???

Back to the original point, although I wanted to add a little color to my life with this vehicle purchase (last 3 cars were black, white, and white), I couldn't resist how upscale the cocoa looked to me. While I do find some of the other enclave colors appealing, I didn't think I would feel as "classy" in them as I do in the cocoa.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As my Father and for that matter my Father-in-Law got older they both started buying brown vehicles, Buicks and Pontiacs. My wife and I think that there is a genetic switch that makes that happen. As I am only 62 years young and ride a Blue and Silver Harley I just couldn't buy a Brown Buick. We got a the Dark Crimson sight unseen and we just love it. In some light conditions it's Black and others it's Purple and in the bright sunlight it is just plain AWESOME! Just goes to show you it's whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
IMHO WDT is with out a doubt the best looking Enclave. Pure class!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
:ditto: on the WDT! I think my partner's White Opal is pretty classy too. Most of my cars have been some shade of white. Even my pickups.

Speaking of pickups, I looked at a new Sierra Denali yesterday..VERY NICE. Also looked at the Cadillac EXT, very nice but VERY overprice for the Cadillac badge on an Avalanche!

·
Registered
54 Posts
No offense to those WDT owners ;D I didn't mean to imply WDT wasn't classy. As I said, two of my last 3 vehicles were white, so WDT wasn't even in the running for me. I needed a change.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
RED JEWEL is HOT :wine:
Just like MRSBUICK, who drives it more than I do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am supposed to receive my new 08 Enclave tomorrow. I ordered cocoa because it gave me a feeling of richness. I also like the way it looked in the ads and in the Buick brochure. I have owned black and white cars and a found them hard to keep clean. Black shows waterspots, and swirls etc. That brown though. I never ever thought I would own a brown car. Go figure!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I currently have a blue Honda CR-V and knew I didn't want another blue car. My husband drives a silver Infiniti G35 and I was really diggin that color and thought it would look nice on the Enclave too with the Titanium leather. BUT, just like a true woman, I changed my mind at the last minute and got the Dark Crimson w/Cashmere Leather. To me, that color combo evokes style and beauty. I like the fact not very many people have ordered that color (thus I am 'special') and it would have been pretty boring to open our garage door and see two silver vehicles!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I parked next to a very dirty silver E in a parking lot in KC yesterday. Was not supposed to be pretty while very dirty, but that silly sucker still had a presense about it. I still think there is no ugly E, just some that don't shift as good as they should. forget that comment.

GS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts