EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reason I ask is there were only 12 available online, at that place we all like to order from ;D

Now, after I checked out, you might find there are only 3. :happy:

The reason I went with 9 is I ordered Akebonos front and rear (ACT) for both the Enclave and my Nissan, and I calculated that I could add 9 PF63's to my order, and the shipping stayed the same for FedEx, at $9.15. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
john 070 said:
the reason I ask is there were only 12 available online, at that place we all like to order from ;D

Now, after I checked out, you might find there are only 3. :happy:

The reason I went with 9 is I ordered Akebonos front and rear (ACT) for both the Enclave and my Nissan, and I calculated that I could add 9 PF63's to my order, and the shipping stayed the same for FedEx, at $9.15. :thumb:

HEHE!!!!
I did exactly the same thing when I changed the motor mounts on my 2003 trailblazer- added filters until the shipping price increased.
Was able to squeeze in 7 PF-63's.

The PF-63 MAY be going away.... and thats because the PF-63E is now the default filter to use.

Just installed an E version on our 2013 3.6--- on monday when I changed the oil.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, which one of you did it? I got an email that 0 PF63's are available!

This is a filter reserved for the 1%'ers, just like sports and concert tix!! :happy:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
??? Really? Probably not "going away" soon, or at least until the last one is on the shelf...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cfedor said:
??? Really? Probably not "going away" soon, or at least until the last one is on the shelf...
. Amazon has me, but more expensive. I still have 4 left.mmthe online place told me no word on when more are coming. someone literally bought all of them before I paid for my cart. Order went through but email said none in stock....I canceled the entire order hoping to place it again if they get pf63’s.....

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I use a Fram XG10060. So, I have no experience with the PF63 other than the one that I had originally removed on my first DIY oil change I did last year. :D

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cfedor said:
I use a Fram XG10060. So, I have no experience with the PF63 other than the one that I had originally removed on my first DIY oil change I did last year. :D
I noticed that when I started using the PF63, women at work started looking at me differently. I just felt more confident in the decisions I made. Clients seemed to trust me more. :happy:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
john 070 said:
I noticed that when I started using the PF63, women at work started looking at me differently. I just felt more confident in the decisions I made. Clients seemed to trust me more. :happy:
Sometimes, bigger is better. :D

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
john 070 said:
:eek:hno: ;D

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Newsflash--the PF63 isn't even on the website anymore. the PF63F is still there, and still cheaper.

how about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Wix-57045-Oil-Filter/dp/B002PMQNDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426178549&sr=8-1&keywords=wix+57045

it's only $4.19 at the place that ran out of PF63's, how can that be?

I am a WIX fan with my Nissan, but just have to be careful when there are multiple filters/grades. This one is "long." :thumb:

edit: I know I posted this before, but how come it says PF63F on the website, and this is E?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3523655/Virgin_AC_Delco_PF63E_&amp

edit2: YEP, PF63 is gone for good. Are we really to believe the newer one is better, not cost cutting, per the pics above?

http://acdelcotechconnect.com/pdf/newsletters-press-releases/acdelco/2014/ACDelco-News-December-2014.pdf

And yet another edit: The PF63F available, "IS" the old one, the F is because it's the durapack version. So what we really want is this one:

PF63F (GM#19254710). It's the same as what I'm used to, PF63 (GM# 89017525).

These are the new ones:

PF63E (GM #19330000) and PF63F (GM#19330001).

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Great if john070. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I find it interesting the lengths of the cost-cutting and burying it so that even auto parts folks can't explain it....but now it's simple....

PF63 old and good

PF63E new and cost-cutting

PF63F--indicates the durapack version, does not indicate old or new.

Old PF63F (GM#19254710), New PF63F (GM#19330001)

On the website, (GM#19254710) is available--so I got 12. Again, shipping was $9.15 for 4 sets of Akebonos and the 12 filters, so it has to be based on price (yesterday was only 9 for the $9.15). These were $3.71 each--amazon can't touch that price. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Recently had a Used oil analysis done on my oil- which used the NEW- PF-48E.

It showed the E version of the filter- did a fine job of filtering.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nissan did the same thing circa 2003 (there was an article titled the incredible shrinking oil filter--size is not all there is to it, it's construction plus materials). Everybody needs to cut costs but spin it. 59 oz. orange juice and 4X concentrated laundry detergent that does 10 less loads, these are all better than what they replace. :thumb:

p.s. wonder why the new filter requires 1 turn, when the old one 3/4....

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
john 070 said:
p.s. wonder why the new filter requires 1 turn, when the old one 3/4....
Yup--- saw that too....
as reference I always use the label.
once I tighten it should end up where it started.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
rbarrios said:
Recently had a Used oil analysis done on my oil- which used the NEW- PF-48E.

It showed the E version of the filter- did a fine job of filtering.
That's what I expected. Good news! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
those 4 sets of brake pads and 12 old PF63 durapack model should be delivered today. All for $9.15 shipping? I placed the order late Thu. If I had gotten the stuff from amazon, it would have cost more (sales tax and higher prices), and would have been here around 3/23 with free shipping. Amazon is one of the best cos. out there (nobody touches their customer service), but they aren't always the cheapest or fastest. It's interesting how that co. will never make a profit, yet keeps growing, and it's by choice. :thumb:

p.s. no joke, I think I have 8 years worth of filters, pretty extreme.....although I changed the oil in Jan, and we're already down to 65% on the OLM, and have gone nowhere....that stop/go really kills the mpgs and oil life....

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wouldn't you know that inside the box, were 12 PF63E (GM #19330000)? They sure look really funny, like the bottom metal piece is pressed or snapped into place....didn't want them. (Do they filter fine? OF COURSE. But why should we be subject to the cost-cutting if we can avoid it--first world problems. Do you accept 59 oz. of OJ, 30 oz. of mayonnaise, or a 12-pack instead of 16 batteries--yes, when you can't get the old product)

And checking my own posts, I paid $3.51 the last time I got individually boxed PF63's, now they are $5.58? That's not a reasonable increase imho, but the economy is doing fine. LOL :thumb:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P.P.S. This is really the end of the line, like arriving in Coney Island.

the world's largest superstore has only 19 of the PF63's left, and the price went up to $8.73.

Time to switch to the WIX 57045.

Here is another comparison, where the Fram resembles the PF63E, and the WIX resembles the old PF63. Good enough is good enough, in many cases. Not in our garage LOL

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/oil-filter-cut-away-fram-wix.433196/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
8 Participants
john 070
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing