EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are three Enclaves in my town and I noticed today we all have personalized plates. This is my first car that is personalized. I read an article that said the majority of residents in Virgina and Illinois have personalized plates over the standard issue. I'm in Ohio and it's becoming more popular.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Re: Do you have personalized plates on your Enclave?

Enclavious said:
There are three Enclaves in my town and I noticed today we all have personalized plates. This is my first car that is personalized. I read an article that said the majority of residents in Virgina and Illinois have personalized plates over the standard issue. I'm in Ohio and it's becoming more popular.
I got 'em! my friend in VA has them too, but said he pays only $10 a year! In NY, where I live, it's about $26 a year!! But we like them ;D. No, they have nothing to do with the Enclave. Had them for 15 years now. They're just initials with a number.

·
Registered
379 Posts

We have personalized tags on all 3 of our vehicles, but they have nothing to do with the Enclave. We have had these for about 8 years or so.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I'm getting special plates, I don't know if they're called personalized because we didn't put our initials or anything on them, I just ordered from the "Wildlife" scenery series here in Washington state, of a cute bear standing on his back legs on the left side. The colors go with the cocoa color of my car. I still have the temporary tag on my rear window, hoping to get the plates any day now. 8)

·
Registered
184 Posts

I had vanity plates for many years, but gave them up just recently. After turning 50, I just stopped feeling the need to express my individuality on a license plate. It's just part of the generalized apathy that I find creeping over me like a vine up a fence. Isn't that sad? I think it has something to do with the fact that all the idealism our generation had in the late 1960s and early 70s has been proven to be in vain. All that survives is the music, and I try to immerse myself in that as much as I can. All you need is love. And money. Lots and lots of money.

Big "Ennui" Larry
[/color] :banghead:

·
Registered
73 Posts

No vanity plates but do have Alumni plates on most of our vehicles.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

we will put them on the enclave when we get it. i had thought of something a while ago but i cant remember it now :(

·
Registered
120 Posts

Big Larry said:
I had vanity plates for many years, but gave them up just recently. After turning 50, I just stopped feeling the need to express my individuality on a license plate.

We do have vanity plates. Noticed recently that I am starting to think like "Big Larry" (never thought I would think that let alone put it in writing), even though I am not fifty - yet.

Did check and see weather "Enclave" was available has a plate or not when I bought the car. In VA it was available back in Sept. Decided to stick with my personalized tag that I have had for a year.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

Big Larry said:
I had vanity plates for many years, but gave them up just recently. After turning 50, I just stopped feeling the need to express my individuality on a license plate. It's just part of the generalized apathy that I find creeping over me like a vine up a fence. Isn't that sad? I think it has something to do with the fact that all the idealism our generation had in the late 1960s and early 70s has been proven to be in vain. All that survives is the music, and I try to immerse myself in that as much as I can. All you need is love. And money. Lots and lots of money.

Big "Ennui" Larry
[/color] :banghead:
BL, You've been hurt and disillusioned by family, friends, or maybe un-patriotic ingrates! I know cause I once felt that way too!! Our generation has produced incredible strides in every area. Some passion may be gone, but wisdom took it's place. We must have done something right, cause every time I see a group of our young men and women, in uniform, selflessly fighting the threats to our country around the world, my chest grows in size, by a few inches, and it overshadows all the morons running around, totally unaware that they live in the best place this world has ever produced!

Keep your great sense of humor, stay on this forum, and keep playing those oldies!!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts

Yeah, I too am not much on the vanity plates anymore (guess I'm getting old). I do like the special plates here in WA State though (like National Parks, Fire & Police, etc.). I think I'd get in real trouble and a lot of dents if I got personalized plates since we seem to have some really bad drivers around here. I was thinking of something like "UIDIOT". The real topper would be the light tube around the plate that I'd light up when needed... UIDIOT[/color] ...just kidding. And no, I'm really not an up-tight or aggressive driver. But, man, there sure are some doozies out there!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

I've had vanity plates for several years now (just my last name), and I will keep them because I like them. I thought about changing to "RICHGRL", but I'm afraid people will think that's the truth...seeing that I am driving an Enclave after all...[/color] 8) :crazy:

·
Registered
52 Posts

I have had vanity/personalized plates for several years also and will keep the same one for the Enclave. It's the nickname hubby gave me 35 yrs ago just prior to us getting married. We went out one nite and I put a dime (yes 1/10th of a dollar) in a pinball machine and played for about 2 hrs. The machine was called "HotShot" and hubby has called me that every since. LOL [/size][/color]

·
Registered
48 Posts

Our personal plates will transfer over to the Enclave.... 4HUSKERS.....nothing to do with the new car.

·
Registered
484 Posts

For now, only the Angels Baseball license plate holder. That is as personal as I will get for awhile. My van had a My son is a soldier sticker on it, but he has now been honorably discharged with a Bronze Star given to him. Are we proud? You betcha!

·
Registered
466 Posts

No vanity plate here - I did buy a plasic front plate protector but I salute you son htrdgrma for his efforts

·
Registered
484 Posts

Thank you asgard: Let's salute all of the service men and women :cheers: They are our future.

·
Registered
29 Posts

We also have vanity plates and have always had them. A couple of other family members do too! I also have the clear covers along w/the chrome frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts

We just received our personalized plates - illinois "ENCLAV 1"

I'm glad to replace the previous saab personalized plates that had been
on the car. We replace the saab 9-5 wagon with the Enclave.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Vanity license plates

The recent discussion of cleaning license plates made me wonder how many of you have vanity plates, what it says, and what it means.

My plates say TRYALOB. Try a lob... I play a lot of tennis, and am tall - 6'3" - so lobbing over me isn't easy. In addition, in tennis, a passing shot is a shot hit past your opponent when he/she is at the net. My license plate frame says "Can't pass me?". So the whole thing is:

Can't pass me?
TRYALOB

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: Vanity license plates

That's very very clever rockyp.

I can't swallow the additional annual tax/fee that goes with a vanity plate. But mostly, I don't think I can be clever in the limited space of a license plate.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts