EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

Do you suffer from ESS?

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Salacain 
#1 ·
Enclave Selfishness Syndrome - there is no cure.

I realized this morning as I backed my beauty out of the garage and down our driveway that my husband was probably feeling a little blue. Yes, he asked if he could have Halle today, and I said no. Did I feel bad? A little. But he has driven her plenty, plus she needed a bath and I was going to need her on my lunch hour today. (The excuses go on for those of us with ESS). I gave him a little bone, however, when I said he could have her next week for a day or two. Of course he has to install my splash guards. Plus he always drives when we go out to dinner, etc. Oh well, like I say, I admit I have ESS, and unfortunately no cure. :angel:

#2 ·
I needed to drive my wife's Enclave (10 days old) to my office so I could have the 3M clear bra installed inside my warehouse where it is nice and warm. Last night when I reminded her she would have to drive my Tahoe, she was REALLY bummed. After driving it to work and comparing the ride to my Tahoe with 203K miles, now I'm really bummed ;D

#4 ·
cruiser68 said:
I needed to drive my wife's Enclave (10 days old) to my office so I could have the 3M clear bra installed inside my warehouse where it is nice and warm. Last night when I reminded her she would have to drive my Tahoe, she was REALLY bummed. After driving it to work and comparing the ride to my Tahoe with 203K miles, now I'm really bummed ;D
How is that clear bra? Is it noticeable at all? I was thinking of doing this.

#5 ·
Same here. The first two months, every morning, I asked the wife if I can drive Flava. The answer was always "No", so I gave up asking. I get to drive him on the weekends for errands. And when I drive him, I get scolded for driving him "too rough" - too hard on the brakes, too harsh on the gas, to jerky on the steering wheel, blah blah blah :sosad:. She's so protective of Flava that I really think she needs to see a shrink about her ESS ;D.

#6 ·
FlavaClav said:
Same here. The first two months, every morning, I asked the wife if I can drive Flava. The answer was always "No", so I gave up asking. I get to drive him on the weekends for errands. And when I drive him, I get scolded for driving him "too rough" - too hard on the brakes, too harsh on the gas, to jerky on the steering wheel, blah blah blah :sosad:. She's so protective of Flava that I really think she needs to see a shrink about her ESS ;D.
Flava, are you sure you're not my husband in disguise? ESS Anonymous perhaps? Trying to do an intervention?? hmm? ;)

#7 ·
I completely understand!

I only got to drive the Opal one 3 times and finally had to put my foot down and say "I am driving" as a statement, not a question.

Now I have my own and I COMPLETELY understand! The Enclaves are really nicer to drive the the Lexus RX-330 that I traded in.

At least now having 2, when one has to go to the shop (if it does) I will still get to drive an Enclave! :)

#8 ·
civileng68 said:
How is that clear bra? Is it noticeable at all? I was thinking of doing this.
It has only been on for about 4 hours. I can barely see the line on the hood where it stops. The installer told me that it worked well with the Gold Mist color because normally the darker the color the more invisible. It has a 5 year warranty and I am hoping it works well because we have tons of trucks littering the highway with gravel in the midwest.

#9 ·
Cruiser, Can you take a picture when you have time. I also have the Gold Mist and would like to see how it looks. I am also in the midwest. I am impressed for the most part with how decent the gold mist looks with all the nasty snow and slush all over it. I can't wait to get above freezing so I can wash it.

#11 ·
Enclavious said:
Cruiser, Can you take a picture when you have time. I also have the Gold Mist and would like to see how it looks. I am also in the midwest. I am impressed for the most part with how decent the gold mist looks with all the nasty snow and slush all over it. I can't wait to get above freezing so I can wash it.
Sure thing. I will try to take one at first light before the front gets covered in road crap. I will try to give you the worst angle of the seam but other than that, I doubt a camera will show anything from a typical viewing angle. It is pretty **** close to invisible. There is another brand that hides even better but the guy says it only lasts a couple years and I'm not interested in that.

I too am pretty impressed at how it hides dirt. Wifey wanted the Cocoa but I nixed that so this was her second choice. Looks really good at twilight when she is nice and clean :cheers: Give credit to Buick, never in a thousand years did I ever think I would drive a Buick (since I'm under 80 years old and I'm not an accountant) but this thing is SWEET.

#13 ·
Well i suffer from NES!!! NO ENCLAVE SYNDROME!!! which i have been suffering from for about a YEAR now!!! :blob: :blob: :sosad: :eek:hno: :help: :confused: :angryfire: :mad: :eek: ???

#14 ·
OKCCowboy said:
The Enclaves are really nicer to drive the the Lexus RX-330 that I traded in.

At least now having 2, when one has to go to the shop (if it does) I will still get to drive an Enclave! :)
Hey OKCCowboy, it just thrills me to hear you say that you traded in your Lexus RX for the Enclave! :D The Lexus RX was my "dream" car, the one I would have probably bought if I had the extra bucks.. Tell me, why you wanted to get rid of the Lexus, what year was it? It seems maybe the Enclave's more roomy, but how does it compare in the bells & whistles department?? I have no regrets, and actually if I had the money and could do it all over again I would buy the Enclave rather than the Lexus. ;D ;D

#15 ·
Halle's mom said:
Hey OKCCowboy, it just thrills me to hear you say that you traded in your Lexus RX for the Enclave! :D The Lexus RX was my "dream" car, the one I would have probably bought if I had the extra bucks.. Tell me, why you wanted to get rid of the Lexus, what year was it? It seems maybe the Enclave's more roomy, but how does it compare in the bells & whistles department?? I have no regrets, and actually if I had the money and could do it all over again I would buy the Enclave rather than the Lexus. ;D ;D
The Enclave is actually quieter and rides better than the RX did. The Enclave is a big car but it does NOT drive any bigger than the RX if that makes sense. It seems to me that the Enclave doesn't drive like a big boat! It obviously has more room. About the only bell it does not have it the rain sensing windshield wipers. The RX did not have remote start, it did have the steerable headlights and the automatic tailgate lift. Oh yeah, the Lexus had heated headlight washers that I think I used twice!

The Enclave rides ALMOST as well as my '04 Lexus LS-430!

The RX was a 2005 with 11604 miles on it. (there is a long story there but I won't go into it)

#18 ·
iDrive said:
Cruiser68 thanks for posting those helpful pictures. Leaning more and more towards doing it.
iDrive...it looks like a great product but I don't think it will protect against falling trees :poke:

Sorry, I thought you could use a little attempt at humor right now ;D

#19 ·
I shouldn't have used the word - leaning. :eek:hno:

My dad just put one of these on his hummer. He did it himself and said how easy it was to do on his vehicle. He is in Arizona otherwise I would offer to pay him to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.