EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased our Enclave...YEAH! Either we purchase the one that was available...coming in this week or wait a few months to special order one. We opted to take the one that is available since we are sharing a car. The only thing that I am sad about is that I wanted the chrome wheels. We have been searching the internet and can not find anyone who cares aftermarket Enclave 19" wheels. We realize it is a new car...but does anyone know where they have 19" wheels that will fit the Enclave. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
you can get them through gm accesories. i would go to your dealers website and there should be a link to some accesory page. at least this is the way my dealer has it.

welcome to the forum, and congrats on your enclave, will you post pics/ give us info about what you got?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok....I purchased them and totally broke the bank. I am going to have to get a second job now to pay for my car and wheels. PLEASE someone tell me that this was a good deal....$1,575 (shipped) for crome 19" tires and wheels....please! Now I am worried I didn't research it enough. But they are the original wheels someone took off their new Enclave CRL. Thank you for all your help. I haven't gotten my Enclave yet....can't wait to get it so I can sleep....this has kept me up way too much....but excited. :blob:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd say you got a decent deal. Hard to find many 19 inchers WITH tires for than kinda dough. Considering they are only slightly used (I am assuming), the tread wear on the tires will be like new still and most likely no damage to the wheels themselves. If you were to look into quality aftermarket rims w/ tires you would probably be paying at least 1K more...again for good quality product. Now the only reason I say decent and not great, is because I have seen the optional 19" Outlook wheels on ebay for about $1000, sometimes less.

Congrats on the purchase of both the rims and Enclave.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you got a good deal! :thumb: Ebay said they only had 4 miles on them so they are brand new! The michelin tires alone off tirerack are $224 EACH. If you would've gotten them on the car off the lot or by ordering it, you would've paid $895 total. That's with the $600 wheel credit for the standard ones, so really that would be $1495. If you can sell your standard 4 tires and wheels for $600 you make out just like everyone who ordered or purchased theirs off the lot. Just think...if you were to sell your standard ones on ebay for one at a time for as little as $250 tire/wheel you would get your money back plus some. IMO I think anyone that has the standards would get that as a spare without hesitation. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good deal! My experience is the aftermarket wheels in 20" are probably a wiser choice as the tires will probably cost less to replace than the 19's. For others considering options, you might take that into consideration. As long as you don't buy the forged chromed wheel, you can find many options at decent prices. The forged are lighter and stronger and made from better material, but more costly.

Galen

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys ROCK! Thank you for all your input...I am so glad that I found this forum. The post here are so informative and many crack me up....some of you should be comedians!

I like the advice for selling them separate on eBay. Do you think they would go faster if I sold as: 1.) All 4 Tires/Wheels; 2.) Separate Tire/Wheel for a spare or 3.) Just the Wheels and no tires? Thanks in advance for your input. We have totally broken the bank on the wheels (not to mention the car) and if I can make something (anything) back on the standard wheels it would help to pay off some of our credit card purchase. :-\

Again, thank you I look forward to many more chats with everyone! tam

·
Registered
80 Posts
Based on what I have been seeing on Ebay it seems nobody is really buying the wheels and tires yet. To new of a vehicle for people to need replacements. But knowing this you'd probably be better off selling individually rather than full set. Higher probability of someone damaging just one wheel and scouring for a cheap replacement. It would also make life easier on you to sell them as a wheel/tire combo so you don't incure further expense to seperate them. Plus you can use that as a selling bonus to prospective buyers since the TPM sensors (I'm assuming you got new with the wheels you purchased), will come with them and they have tires already mounted and balanced. Simply bolt them on and your ready!

You can also save yourself further expense by looking into selling locally thru http://www.craigslist.com...there are local chapters and the postings are FREE. Not to mention you will have local buyers that can pick up the wheels rather than you having to deal with shipping. The only down fall to this is that you have to have a stranger to your home. My wife hates this, so I have put in my ads that we will meet in a public place(mall parking lot, or similar), so that we are on neutral territory and have plenty of people around in case the person is a nutjob!

·
Registered
612 Posts
degentam said:
Ok....I purchased them and totally broke the bank. I am going to have to get a second job now to pay for my car and wheels. PLEASE someone tell me that this was a good deal....$1,575 (shipped) for crome 19" tires and wheels....please! Now I am worried I didn't research it enough. But they are the original wheels someone took off their new Enclave CRL. Thank you for all your help. I haven't gotten my Enclave yet....can't wait to get it so I can sleep....this has kept me up way too much....but excited. :blob:
I am making an offer to another dealer who wanted $1979 plus shipping for these wheels. The offer is to match your deal! You got a great deal. I am curious though.. You ended the auction with "buy it now" for $1275 + $253 shipping? Thats $1528 on my calculator, not $1575. What was the extra $47 for?

I plan on asking the AZ company you worked with to put me on a waiting list if the other MI guy doesn't match your deal. I guess its been a while.. Did you get the wheels OK? How do they ship those things?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Clave Man said:
How do they ship those things?
Very simple. Rarely it can be boxes, but the most common is just cardboard cut in matching circles across the face of each wheel & tire, and then straps and/or plastic wrap or something else around the entire thing. You can also sometimes add cardboard around the tire tire tread as well. I've done this and ordered and had this done, MANY times :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts