EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

What is your feeling about the dealer decals and emblems they place on the rear of vehicles to brand

• You think it is tacky, but not enough to bother with asking the dealer not to do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You've never really thought about it before, or don't care one way or another.

• You like people knowing where the vehicle came from, and find the branding tasteful.

• Other... like you spray painted your name on the dealer's showroom window in return... please explai

• Total voters
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I actually left the frame on the BMW because the dealer is in the wealthy part of town. This way my coworkers think I'm rich, unlike if I got it on rt 22 or rt 1, where common folk drive.

Just joshin I actually leave it on because it was a nice frame, and to remind the selling dealership I bought the car there, as well as the competition. I also used to have a "I did not lease this vehicle I paid it off in 34 mos when I was still in my 30's" sticker.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always remove any dealer logos/decals within a few weeks of ownership. I would not leave them on there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Paul2010 said:
I can't imagine dealer decals on my car. I will never buy one wit decals on it otherwise they are giving a 50% discount from the sticker price for advertising. Even I do not like the license plate frame because I do not like my greedy local dealer. if I do not like the dealer the first thing is remove the frame ASAP.
I am keeping my Lexus rear license plate frame because they gave me a 6k+ discount on my Brand New NX, which is a miracle according to Lexus forums. So I do not mind giving them a free advertisement.
On my E the license plate is barely visible, the dealers name is at the top covered by the overhang, so all you see is Buick GMC on the bottom portion of the frame. When they put my plates on the sales guy was trying desperately to get the dealer name to show. It was comical.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
I posted this in another thread--- but this is actually the correct thread I should have put it in....

Norm Reeves HONDA Superstore-- In your FACE.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Frankly, I'd rather have the advertising on the touchscreen than a sticker on the paint of the car! Easier to remove. Is that person reading a map or a newspaper?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
the lady was next to me in traffic, driving.
That was her screen- and has something to cover half of it....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
My Audi dealer doesn't mount stickers or appliques. Instead it attaches dealer branded license plate mounts. I don't mind that approach at all because it is easily removable.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
oldman said:
When I get home they come off. They don't pay me to advertise for them.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

141 - 152 of 152 Posts