EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 Enclave at 36,000 miles. The AC was inop. Since it was under warranty, I took it to the dealer. They found a leak in the rear evap coil. There is a TSB )posted here in another thread) about copper from the fan motor getting onto the coil and causing corrosion of the Evap coil. The coil and fan assembly was replaced and was the system recharged. The temp coming out the front vents gets down to about 58 degrees if re-circ setting and about 65 if at idle when stabilized. I can only conclude the condenser coil is undersized and you need to me moving to increase airflow.

I have read else where where there are hose problems around the power steering. I've looked at another post about this but the picture links no longer work. Can someone re-post so I can find the trouble spot?

I have read where the front evap coil has failed also. Perhaps I'm only getting a skewed perspective on what I'm seeing posted about the AC issues on the Enclave. But I'm wondering if the Enclave has defects in the AC system? Has anyone else had issues?

Perhaps a separate AC forum would be a good idea????

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
look on the Acadia/Traverse forum.

someone recently posted an image of the hoses that rubbed through.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone finds a link it would be appreciated as I went over there and tried to find it and did not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 also and just got it back from service for a/c issues. They found the Freon very low and out dye in it to look for a leak. Seems to new of a car for this

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was the rear evap cased by the copper contamination from the motor. Thank goodness it was covered under warranty. It's a known defect that should not happen at 35,000 miles. There are aso reports of the front evap coil failing prematurely too. Then there is the $1700 hose that is rubbing near the power steering pump but I can't find any pictures to know where to look to try to stop it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If anyone finds a link it would be appreciated as I went over there and tried to find it and did not.
Here are pictures of the line failure caused by the lines rubbing together. The fix reroures the Ac line.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
The area in the pictures is under the hood, behind the engine cover around the middle. It's not impossible to access but not easy. You have to pull the rubber line away from the AC line to see if there's abrasion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the picture. What did you do to stop it?
Unfortunately it was a $2400 fix at the dealership. $1600 for the high pressure line alone.I had to take it to the dealer as I couldn't get a local shop to do it in a short timeframe. If you do have a leak at that point it will be easily identifiable by pulling the lines apart and checking for abrasion or by adding a container of dye to the system, that's the green stuff bubbling from the hole in my first picture. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Enclave of 2015. This month there was a frequent loud hissing of A / C. Today I went to the dealer in Staten Island,NYC. The dealer said that I had not enough freon in the system and offered to charge $ 198. it means the system is not tight and has a hole. How to force a dealer to find a fault?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell the dealer that you discussed their offer with the EPA and the EPA says that they must find and fix the leak or they will be fined. $198 to just add refrigerant is a rip off. I'd find another dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 2014 enclave is at the dealer right now with the A/C issue (copper from blower creating a small leak.). Although the car is 6 years old, it only has 27k miles! This really seems like a defect that shouldn’t be an owner expense?

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
It is a shame that this defect is GMs fault and doesn't show up until after the warranty is expired. Send a letter to GM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts