EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably will not be towing anything but was wondering if having a transmission cooler makes sense in a very hot climate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
i am hoping to be able to tow a moble home trailer i have been checking on quite a few. plus i will need the electrical wiring for my scooter lift. i prefer to have it all done before the car gets here dont wanna be waiting around to get a chance to drive my darn car after i waited so long to get it. shoot by the time i get to order after waiting on every darn thing it will almost time for the 09.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I don't tow much, if at all. I considered it cheap insurance so I got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Does the tow package result in a visible hitch receptor at the rear? I wouldn't mind the trans cooler and wiring, in case I ever wanted to add a receptor subframe, and wouldn't mind a factory receptor if it wasn't visible. But on our Mercedes ML a panel in the bumper had to be removed and the receptor is always sticking out. Not exactly what I picture for our "luxury" vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Tow tow hitch is hidden by a panel that can be removed when towing. When you are not towing, the panel snaps (actually two thumb screws underneath the car) back into place and it is covered up. It is not smooth...it looks like a molded piece...in other words, you can tell it is there if looking at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
My husband had to put a hitch on his Mariner, and it cost about $400 when it was all said and done, so I'd say that if you think you might use it, just get it now. You can always get a cool hitch cover to stick in the hitch if it shows. I didn't know about the removable cover, not sure I'd use it.. I have a bad habit of putting my (U. of FL) hitch cover on the bumper and driving off with it there after hooking up my bike rack. :confused: Have lost 2 that way and would hate to lose the special matching cover too! (yes, I can be a little absent minded at times!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
I have one picture in my gallery that shows the hitch cover in the photo of the rear of the vehicle. It is obviously that thing in the center at the bottom of the bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
osli said:
Does the tow package result in a visible hitch receptor at the rear? I wouldn't mind the trans cooler and wiring, in case I ever wanted to add a receptor subframe, and wouldn't mind a factory receptor if it wasn't visible. But on our Mercedes ML a panel in the bumper had to be removed and the receptor is always sticking out. Not exactly what I picture for our "luxury" vehicle.
just get one of those cute little plugs and call it a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Hey thanks zman, but I can't figure it out now. Is there a place in there where you can put the heavy bolt that holds the hitch in place? It looks so flush to the bumper, like there's no room to put that bolt in.. have you used it yet? I use mine all the time between my bike rack and our boat, and switching between the two, I probably use it once a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
jackiemd said:
Hey thanks zman, but I can't figure it out now. Is there a place in there where you can put the heavy bolt that holds the hitch in place? It looks so flush to the bumper, like there's no room to put that bolt in.. have you used it yet? I use mine all the time between my bike rack and our boat, and switching between the two, I probably use it once a week.
Yes, the lower plastic piece is simply a cover that hides that portion of the hitch. It is simply to make the back side look nice and clean when you do not have the hitch attached. Snap off that plastic piece and it looks just like any other vehicle with a hitch.

I'd take a picture but my wife has the vehicle out already today. If you need one tonight let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
zman, i saw a pic on your gallery already and it looks good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
MsS42 said:
zman, i saw a pic on your gallery already and it looks good.
I tow very rarely so I personally appreciate the nice clean look with the cover in place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
hi zman, I saw an Enclave on the road today, chased it down and was able to get a look at the tow area. I can see now that from the side there is the normal looking hitch area, thanks for the help!

BTW, the Enclave I believe was the blue-grey one. In the flat morning light it just looked like a dark gray to me, but I don't think it was the platinum. I spotted it in front of me by the BIG buick logo below the window.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
One thing to consider... many extended warranties will void your coverage if you add a tow bar on that is not factory installed. Read your warranties fine print... before I'm flamed, I am saying many, not all warranties. Again, read the fine print.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
that is very true, it also holds true to electronics also.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top