EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am having a very difficult time choosing my color. I've been leaning toward white diamond, although I realize they have become a bit difficult to obtain. But I haven't seen one in person yet. Given the additional price and waiting time, I am trying to gather as much info as I can. Have looked at many pictures in the galler, but still it's so hard to tell. Is the white diamond more of a creamy color, a silvery color, or something else?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have a WDT, definitely not creamy like the caddie version...I would have to say it does have a silvery undertone to it in certain light. It is a very deep white, opal almost, with silver flakes which in some light give the silvery tint. It is a beautiful, rich, color. Have had several comments on it from stangers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh boy, Marlylandgal,

How do I explain color hues and reflections? Let's see. We have the white diamond tricoat on our Enclave and ordered it that way as we wanted it. Compared to the bright white, it is not as "white", but more of a creamy look. Yet it is not creamy as it has much "metal flake" in the paint. It isn't metal, but it does cast off a slight light goldish hue as you look at it in the sunlight. A much richer color in our opinion than the white. In fact, we think it is the richest of the colors outside black, of course. There are opionions so I would urge you to travel to a Cadillac dealer and look at any of their Caddys in the WDT color and then imagine that color on your Enclave.

There is another thread on here where it was discussed in much detail and a poster gave a very good explanation of the process they go through in painting this color. GM earns the extra money as time and process is much more detailed, yet very worth it to me.

I'm sure this won't help, but is about as good as I can do for you. Good luck. Almost all colors on this car look good, just some slightly better than others.

Galen

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'll agree with gshields. The owner of the beauty shop my wife goes to owns an 08 WDT Escalade; parked side by side the colors look exactly the same. IMHO the WDT color of the last few years do not have nearly as much of a goldish tone as several years back.
The bottom trim on the WDT Enclave is satin nickle (silver) and is a perfect match for the Titanium interior. We love ours and consider the additional cost money well spent.

Good luck with what ever you decide on.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I have noticed that the older WDT Escalades have a yellowish tint to them. Have they changed the paint formula or does this color yellow with age?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with all of the above. Something to remember that the windshield washer nozzles on the hood are black, not body coloured so they really stick out on a light coloured vehicle. You don't notice them on darker colours.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I saw one again yesterday. I agree with gshields perfect description. It is a soft, creamy white. It does not have that yellow tint...more gold....very beautiful...I would not say it is silver even though the silver cladding looks fabulous with it. It's a 'warm' color...silver is 'cool'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had looked at the pictures in the gallery, including Mapper's very helpful shots taken at different times of day. But after looking at many, maybe all, the gallery pics of the WDT, I was still confused. However, all of your comments have helped me make up my mind and I am definitely going to try for the WDT, although I realize that quantities are now limited for the '08. (Don't think I can wait for the '09.) Thank you all so much. I am really getting excited about this car and I have NEVER been excited about getting a new car before.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I saw one again yesterday. I agree with gshields perfect description. It is a soft, creamy white. It does not have that yellow tint...more gold....very beautiful...I would not say it is silver even though the silver cladding looks fabulous with it. It's a 'warm' color...silver is 'cool'.
I own one. There is a definite silver undertone, no yellow, no gold. In dim light it is almost a light silver. If there is such a thing as a deep white that is what it is. Asa Gshields mentioned, it is not cream as it has the silver metal flakes in it. It is a very rich (I don't mean money-wise, but deep) color.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Isn't it fun trying to describe something slightly elusive? We all say it is kinda like this, but yet not quite and so on. I have to chuckle at it, but our color with the silver cladding does compliment our titanium interior very nicely. Or is it not quite like....., but close to.....!

GS

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
I own one. There is a definite silver undertone, no yellow, no gold. In dim light it is almost a light silver. If there is such a thing as a deep white that is what it is. Asa Gshields mentioned, it is not cream as it has the silver metal flakes in it. It is a very rich (I don't mean money-wise, but deep) color.
So bsox, you're saying $750 for that gallon of WDT paint was probably worth it?[/color]

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
cRaZyRoSiTa said:
So bsox, you're saying $750 for that gallon of WDT paint was probably worth it?[/color]
Yep, never looked back, but it may be the fish scales that drives the cost up :thumb:! Gshields, we have ebony interior and it contrasts great with that also. I really think they have a lot of great colors for this vehicle, just the WDT is the best ;D ;D

·
Registered
743 Posts
bsox said:
Yep, never looked back, but it may be the fish scales that drives the cost up :thumb:! Gshields, we have ebony interior and it contrasts great with that also. I really think they have a lot of great colors for this vehicle, just the WDT is the best ;D ;D
bsox, I'm in full agreement with you. I have Cashmere, but it's still strikling Beautiful. If I trade for an 09, I want the same Color, but I might have to settle for the replacement color.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
rocketman said:
bsox, I'm in full agreement with you. I have Cashmere, but it's still strikling Beautiful. If I trade for an 09, I want the same Color, but I might have to settle for the replacement color.
I loved the cashmere as well, but the SO wanted the ebony, of course now that I have that I love it too. Someone posted about having a crimson with the cashmere. That sounds very luxurious to me also. Maybe if the 09 tranny and engine perform better, I will look into that!!! (Yeah in my dreams)

·
Registered
221 Posts
One thing I've noticed over the imports is the varied selection of colors both inside and out. My Ridgeline offers several exterior colors, but each only offers one interior to coordinate. So I now have ebony and the titanium was a change for me. But what color would NOT go with WDT? I would think they all would and it offers difference between yours and mine, so if we ever meet, we won't be twins. That is nice. Bsox, you do a good job on this forum. We need a direct link between GM and you!

·
Registered
413 Posts
marylandgal said:
I had looked at the pictures in the gallery, including Mapper's very helpful shots taken at different times of day. But after looking at many, maybe all, the gallery pics of the WDT, I was still confused. However, all of your comments have helped me make up my mind and I am definitely going to try for the WDT, although I realize that quantities are now limited for the '08. (Don't think I can wait for the '09.) Thank you all so much. I am really getting excited about this car and I have NEVER been excited about getting a new car before.
The dealer I ordered mine from has one in stock so why not take a trip to Florida and drive your new Enclave home. The weather is outstanding down here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everybody. Just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got to see the WDT in person and agree with you all that it is gorgeous. I ordered mine today! I"m really excited - first time in a long time I've been excited about a new car.

I appreciated all your input and hope I enjoy mine as much as you all obviously do yours.

43sbest - Will have to pass on the visit to Florida, although I know the weather there is so much better than here up North. Thank goodness, spring is on the way!

Thanks again all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts