EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had the first problem with my Enclave! :(

The interior lights would not come on when the doors were opened or the "unlock" button on the remote pressed.

I took it to the dealer this AM, and walked across the street for breakfast. They called a few minutes later to say it was fixed! Turns out the dome lights were swithced off!

There is a dome light deactivating switch right above the instrument panel dimmer knob, and I must have accidentally pushed it when popping out or returning the dimmer knob. How embarrasing! :-[

Having read thru the owners manual cover to cover at least twice, I don't know how I could have missed this.

So, everyone, if your dome lights doesn't work, try this switch first before going to the dealer.

There is no charge for this advice. ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Interior lights ... I feel like a dope!

You're not the only one...I never made it to the dealer but spend 1/2 hour reading the manual, trying to understand.

I wasn't comprending the switch aspect.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts

Mine was off when I got the car, figured it had to be some kind of switch that was off, did take me quite a while to figure it out, so I guess your not too big of dope, but than again....you did take it in ;D ;D ;D :cheers: (just kidding)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

Yeah, mine was switched "off", too, when I picked her up.

I remember having the same problem when I bought my Rendezvous in 2003, so I read through the manual. This time it wasn't as easy, but I figured it out. I hate reading the manual, though. I tell the guys at the dealership that's their job...to 'splain everything to me. But then, they are 40 miles away. (Groan)...
[/color]

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dome light on off switch

I could never figure out why my dome lights would not come on when I opened the door. In reading the manual (which I dont have a lot of experience doing) I surmised that the on/off switch was the long push button coming out of the dome light control. Even the service person at the dealer desk could not figure out what was wrong. Then we both learned that the top half of the flush panel of the dome light control is a on/off switch and all you have to do is push it in. Confusion caused by two on off switches in the same area. Anybody else have this problem or am I the only dumb guy in this forum?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: Dome light on off switch

Nope, you're not the only one. I found out about this about a month after getting my 09.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

Really wonder why that switch causes such confusion past the 08 models that didn't have the words on it. After they put the words on, it's self explainatory. But the really sad part to the original post is that the service person didn't know what to do. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

·
Registered
212 Posts

Now, I am guessing about this, now that Kids informs us that the 08 did not have the label on the faceplate, but I bet owners were pushing the long switch and not the faceplate switch to turn the dome light on/off. Then due to the complaints, :'( Buick decided to clarify with the faceplate label. However, it appears they never changed the owners manual to reflect that there are two types of on/off swtches and for those of us who are not as observant, still thought the label was for the long switch.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

I had the same issue with both of my Es.

I finally figured it out for my '08 and then forgot how to deal with it when got the '10 :binky:

·
Registered
617 Posts

As I tell other Enclave owners when we meet by chance - join the Forum. It was here that I learned of the stealth switch even after reading the manual cover to cover! Perhaps that page was read with heavy eyes. :sosad:

Dealers should print the forum url on all Enclave sales contacts.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
that question comes up often enough... that I have a special pic... just to answer the question...
I always say something like--- PUSH on the button my finger is actually touching.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
:facepalm: So that is what happened....I have been in the dark for a couple months! ::)

·
Registered
6,825 Posts

Vanguard said:
As I tell other Enclave owners when we meet by chance - join the Forum. It was here that I learned of the stealth switch even after reading the manual cover to cover! Perhaps that page was read with heavy eyes. :sosad:

Dealers should print the forum url on all Enclave sales contacts.
That's a neat way to put it, Van....stealth switch....that's kind of how it is. I'm thinking that anyone who has(HAD :facepalm:) the lower heated washer fluid button would figure out the upper dome light button easier. I never had a problem with the button, because for two reasons....that was just like the heated washer button, AND my 01 Silverado had a dome override button in the same general area, so when I saw "dome off" I just pushed it.

.....stealth switch.....that's awesome!

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Sailfish said:
:facepalm: So that is what happened....I have been in the dark for a couple months! ::)
really..??

·
Registered
10,405 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
rbarrios said:
really..??
I too have been in the dark for the last little while. I figured the long stem button was the dome off switch like my old Silverado. We all have our moments I guess :facepalm:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts