EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this? I just came home about an hour ago, parked in the garage, and went in the house.
about ten minutes later, I went out and found the dome lights in the Enclave lit, both over front seat and the third row seats.
Good thing the garage was dark or I would never have noticed. I know they were not on when I drove into the garage,
because is was dark, and I would have known if the dome lights were on. I read owners manual, reread, etc., tried
any/everything I could think of, and finally called OnStar. Buffaloed him, too. Hopefully my dealer's service is open in the morning. I will look
after I post this and see.

If anyone else has had this problem, please me give me any ideas fir correction in the mean time. Thanks .

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Does the manual switch work? (Just right of the light switch on the left of the dash).

·
Registered
721 Posts
2 things to check: 1-is the dash light dimmer knob turned all the way clockwise? That will make them stay on. 2-are the MAP light buttons pressed in in the respective lamp clusters? Sometimes they get turned on and forgotten and you'd never notice them unless it was pitch black outside. You may also have a bad door-contact switch, making the car think there's a door/hatch open. Does the override switch kill them (upper surround of the dash dimmer)?

T.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing would kill the lights. I went thru all the switches, read the manual about five times, tried each of these things.
After talking to On Star, I went back in the house. Just checked about ten minutes ago, and
all dome lights were OFF!!!.

OnStar mentioned something about a "battery drain protection" that may not be working.

Anyway, my dealer service is open tomorrow at 8:00 AM. I will be there. I have to get my
two great-grandsons back home on Sunday, and the Enclave is the only vehicle I have that
can haul a 5 and a 3 year old.

Thanks for all the comments. Those are all the ones I tried. And at least OnStar did not
come up with some "Read the manual, dummy!" line.

If I get anything from Service tomorrow, I will update. And if I get nothing then I will say "Got nothing".

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you! :help:

·
Registered
315 Posts
In our 08 Enclave, if you press the switch on the light itself, it will make the light go just slightly brighter if the light is "on" (manually), and just slightly dimmer if the light is "off" (manually, but on because the door is open etc.) All all your switches "off"? You can't tell otherwise until you close the door and wait for the time that the lights stay on due to the delay. That dimming and brightening see,s to be the way GM designed it, so you can tell if the lights are indeed "off."

Is this a possibility?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I know that in the Outlook I had one of the two over the console turned on and then I exited locked the car and went inside. After a while the light did go out. I know this because when I went out later and started the Outlook the light of course came on with the others when you enter but it stayed on after the others turned off.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This morning, everything seems to be working as it should. I wanted to check it before taking it in
to the Service Dept. this AM. I will keep an eye on it, and will take it in Monday. I will instead
spend the day with my two great-grandsons.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I betting one of your doors was ajar, if it's not closed all the way, the lights stay on.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kids, anything is possible, but I was in and out of the vehicle so many times, climbing over all seats, trying to turn off the front and rear dome lights
getting nowhere. the thing that got me was after trying and trying to get the lights off, and after calling OnStar, I finally just left the vehicle in the
garage with the dome lights on. About an hour or an hour and a half, I looked back into the garage and the dome lights were off!!!!
I have been out and around most of the day today, and have not been able to replicate the problem. I am going to my dealer Monday, if for nothing more
than to create a record of the occurrence. If it was some transient issue, it may never be explained. I have seen on a few occasions transient
electrical issues that were non-repeating and remained unresolved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Buick Enclave and I'm having a similar issue. My third row overhead lights are stuck on. Only the third row. They were not on last night when I was shopping. I came home and unloaded the car and all of the lights turned off. I went to get in my car this morning and opened my liftgate to look for something - when I closed it, I noticed the light stayed on - but it was weird that it was only the third row - the other dome lights turned off just fine. I got in the car and drove to the gas station to fill up. While it was filling, I tried opening and closing the liftgate again, and clearing some snow and ice from around the door. Got back in the car - third row still on. Was already late for work so I drove the 15 minutes into my office. Light still on. I messed with the knob to the left of the steering wheel, nothing turns that light off - not even doing it manually. I turned the car off and sat in the backseat - they remained on. I pressed each light's button once. Nothing. Pressed it again (in the event they turned off automatically and then I pressed to turn them "off"). Got out, tried the liftgate again. Opened and closed it a couple times. Checked all other doors (nothing on my dash lights indicated anything was ajar but I tried anyway).

Nothing will work. Anyone have advice beyond what I've read above?

·
Registered
511 Posts
This issue came up again from someone else. The fix seems to be , get in the truck close all the doors, buckle the seat belts and depress the switch at the 3rd row light console, they should go out. Weird configuration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is weird! I managed to get the issue to go away not long after I posted (NO idea how!) but I will keep this in mind if it happens again! Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts