EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
GoldEnclave said:
Too bad you don't have a friend in law endorsement who could answer the phone for you and shake the scammer up a bit.
Oh I have friends who are Deputy Sheriff's I could call. :police: LOL became friends with a couple Deputies when the "felons were still living next door".

The little scammer was up and at it early. Same little **** called at 9:15am from the same 202 number. I answered and it was just a recorded message again....."This is Richard Parker from the IRS and you must contact me at this number or else you will face arrest". :blahblah:

I laughed and laughed and tried calling that number off and on during the day. It was busy each time. Now how can he get us to pay (snickering) if we cannot get through to them. :happy:

I so want someone to answer because I will just tell them "bring it, call the police and have us arrested, you little scammer". :veryhappy:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Are you able to come to your computer, or have you been whisked away by the authorities? :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
GoldEnclave said:
Are you able to come to your computer, or have you been whisked away by the authorities? :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
LOL I am here....taking a breather from all the prep work for dinner. Pumpkin pie done, onions/celery/sausage/chestnuts ready to be put into the dressing. Turkey in the oven and the neck/gizzard/liver/heart are on simmering. Cranberry salad is in the refrigerator.

I hope you and your family have a great day Gold.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
It's tax season again and those pesky little IRS scammers are back at it.

After receiving a few calls last year, all was quiet, until today that is. Received the first call around 10am, I ignored it.

Received the second call 20 minutes ago and thought, oh what the **** I will answer. So I did and I was chuckling, a recorded message of course. "This is the IRS calling to collect on your outstanding taxes. If not paid we will send the sheriff to arrest you".

I wrote down the phone number and decided I would give them a "ringy dingy".

I am so laughing my ass off. I listened to his **** for about 30 seconds.

I told him to "send the sheriff because he is a fraud".

So now I wait....and I wait....and I wait...thinking I will die of old age before that happens.

Oh and here is the number if you get one of these calls.

1-254-870-7209

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
:happy: :happy: :happy:

HAHAHAHAHAHA I just had to step back in because....the IRS scammer called again and this time it was a real person. With a lot of other voices in the background, robo-call center.

He insisted that I pay what is owed as they have tried to reach me repeatedly.

I asked a simple question, who are you calling for? They said...you. I asked again, who are you calling for and what year/quarter/tax form is supposedly past due.

The scammer said, and I laughed out loud, you need to give me your name so I can look it up.

REALLY....so you called ME and you ask for my NAME?

What a **** hoot!

If you don't know WHO you are calling then YOU are a fake a fraud and can go to ****.

But I am sure they will be calling again.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
GoldEnclave said:
If they ask for your name again, maybe you could answer by the name of Hugo Furst, or Hugh Focker. ;)
LOL!

So they didn't call back yesterday and no Sheriff came knocking on my front door.

I did though, last evening receive one of those "This is Microsoft we are calling about a virus on your computer". I laughed loudly into the phone and said "F-off" and I hung up.

Silence is golden so far this morning....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
You seem to be a more frequent target than typical, based on your posts here. Do you think that this has anything to do with the federal data breach that affected your husband and yourself?

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
GoldEnclave said:
You seem to be a more frequent target than typical, based on your posts here. Do you think that this has anything to do with the federal data breach that affected your husband and yourself?
Never gave that a thought. Although the IRS scam artist should have known our name. This to me indicates it was just about calling numbers. Then also, there have been frequent warnings by local police/sheriff departments warning of the IRS scam hitting our area hard.

As for Microsoft, once they called and I answered the first time, they just keep coming back. Had to have acquired our number somewhere where it was attached to our name.

I am working with AT&T to block the numbers. Before they only permitted 5 numbers to be blocked at once. On my iPhone, I have received a few of these idiotic calls and I can block each one.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I never answer my phone if I don't recognize the number. If it is actually important, the caller will leave a voice mail.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I know I should do the same. Yet my husband works with guys from all over. One has been here two years yet his cell is a Utah number and another still uses one from Nevada.

Then I do love poking at the idiot scammers who do call. Haven't pulled the scam on them lately that I was falling for their crap. Now that was fun when I did it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
There is a new type of scam in my area. Yep, I received call earlier this week demanding that we pay the past due amount and fees associated with it.

I silently chuckled as my husband has the electric bill paid directly out of his checking account every month. No worries about writing a check.

So....I had some fun I acted... :eek: I tell you I was :eek: . I (trying to keep from laughing) was pleading (yea right) what could I do????

He said that they needed the routing number and the checking account number IMMEDIATELY!!! OH MY!!! :rofl:

I said "Okay here is the routing number first, are you ready sir? It's #00001FUCKYOU"

HAHAHAHAHAHA you should have heard how pissed he was and then he hung up on me.

WHAT A **** HOOT!!

Anyhoo....this was in the news this week.

“These people are using very sophisticated equipment to where they’re actually cloning the messages that you hear when you call Dayton Power & Light,” Davis said. “There’s voice prompts, everything, just like you’d be calling the actual company. They’re manipulating also the phone number that shows up on your caller ID.”

DP&L said this scam is an industrywide problem that has affected utilities across the country. The company is working with authorities to stop this activity, the utility told our newsroom.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/sophisticated-scam-targets-dpl-customers/nrhYs/

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Sailfish said:
I said "Okay here is the routing number first, are you ready sir? It's #00001FUCKYOU"

HAHAHAHAHAHA you should have heard how pissed he was and then he hung up on me.
Excellent!!! :happy: :happy: :beer: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA another IRS scam call this morning.

This time it was a recording and said "unless you call this number, 434-250-9264, and arrange payment for your past due taxes, a warrant for your arrest will be issued".

OMG....OMG.....yea right. I thought, oh ****, for shits and giggles I called the number and it rang.....and rang.....and rang....and rang.

Guess they aren't that interesting.

WHAT a **** HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy: :hilarious2: :hilarious:

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Sailfish said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA another IRS scam call this morning.

This time it was a recording and said "unless you call this number, 434-250-9264, and arrange payment for your past due taxes, a warrant for your arrest will be issued".

OMG....OMG.....yea right. I thought, oh ****, for shits and giggles I called the number and it rang.....and rang.....and rang....and rang.

Guess they aren't that interesting.

WHAT a **** HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

:happy: :hilarious2: :hilarious:
The scammer's office must be short-staffed. ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Calls are a rarity lately for computer repair scammers.

I did get one Monday. I decided on a different approach.

He started on his BS and I stopped him.

I said we do not have any computers.

He then said that he was not selling anything, just warning me that my computer was infected.

I said, are you hard of hearing???

We do not have any computers in this house. The library is up the road and I can use theirs for free.

He asked if I was sure we do not have any computers....

I laughed and said F-O jerk and hung up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

81 - 100 of 109 Posts
About this Discussion
108 Replies
14 Participants
sailfish
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing