EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '09 E is sucking oil into the intake manifold, noticed it today when doing a tune up. Somewhere on the forum I remember reading about a fix for this but I can't find it. Does anyone recall what this fix is. Thanks in advance.:sad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Inspect for a plugged vacuum orifice in the crankcase vent housing or a plugged or restricted crankcase vent housing.
Also check for excessive crankcase pressure or blow-by. You can test for both at the crankcase vent valve or the cylinder head cover.

Probably sludged up somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a known issue with pre-2014 Enclaves, as well as related GM vehicles, with the PCV system. The vent holes in the PCV are too small and do not provide adequate pressure relief. Oil ends up in your air intake and in the throttle body. There is a mod available to bore out the size of the vent hole. You'll need to do a search on something like "PCV modification", or "Oil in air intake" or "Oil in throttle body" to find it.

The mod should resolve the problem. Additionally, you can add an oil catch can to collect the oil before it ends up in the air intake.

Good luck. Let us know if you find the information. If you can't find it, I'll take a deeper dive and try to find it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts