EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another interesting glitch suddenly appeared on our two week old Enclave. The power seat has suddenly frozen - all controls EXCEPT the forwards/backwards movement still work, although there is an audible clicking noise even for the controls that do work. The passenger side works fine (and is quieter).

Taking it in tomorrow hopefully to check it out...if anyone has seen this issue before on the Enclave (highly doubtful) or another Buick/GM vehicle let me know if you had experience with the "fix"....I seriously hope it is repairable instead of the dreaded "we'll need to order another power assembly" or even worse "we'll need to order another seat assembly"....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update for any of you who run into this problem (hopefully just a random bad part)....it was one of the three seat motors, of course the one that controls forward/backward movement (duh)....fortunately it was nothing else....

Unfortunately because demand is so high for the Enclave they don't have lots of parts stockpiled yet, so we are going to basically have to grab a part out of the production flow (not literally, but just about) in order to get a replacement. As long as nothing else burns out it is drivable thankfully based on where it froze, but still a pain to deal with. Just part of dealing with a very popular brand new vehicle....

·
Registered
69 Posts
The key is that it stuck in a good place. My Saab froze in my wife's (5"0") position where she literally is hugging the dashboard. Dealership wouldn't let her drive it into the bay for insurance reasons. None of the techs were small enough to get in. They had to wait for the skinny high school kid that did the detailing to be able to move it. Then they tried to charge me $900 for essentially a chip. It will be interesting to hear if your situation is isolated-hope so for you and the rest of the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts