EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to program the exit/entry position to be the same all the time?
And how does the driver prevent the seat from returning to the previous driver's position - without having to make sure the driver has selected the proper key fob (if I understand other notes in the forum, the seat position on entry returns to the position of it was in when the same remote entry key fob was used).
My wife is 5'2" and I am 6'2". Sometimes I get in the car and the seat tries to crush me against the steering wheel :-\ (I presume because I picked up the remote entry key fob she used last).
When my wife gets in the car she's so far from the steering wheel that she almost can't reach it ;)
The dealer told me that the early Enclaves (mine was delivered in late December) could have the exit position set by pressing the middle button (between the 1 & 2 setting positions) and holding it just like setting #'s1 & 2. I'm not sure it ever worked that way but mine does not.
Thanks,
Wetash

·
Registered
721 Posts
Older Buicks allowed you to to "program" the exit setting by holding the button like you mentioned. Starting with the Lucerne, the exit setting is pre-set at the factory. If you don't want the seat to move until after you're in the car, try turning off the "memory seat recall" in the DIC. That way, the seat won't move until you push the door button for driver 1 or 2. You can also mark the remotes some way (I suggest putting some red nail polish or a label on one of them) so you make sure to grab the right one. The memory is tied to the remotes, but unfortunatley they aren't marked 1 or 2!

Hope this helps and enjoy the Enclave!

·
Registered
743 Posts
wetash said:
Is there any way to program the exit/entry position to be the same all the time?
And how does the driver prevent the seat from returning to the previous driver's position - without having to make sure the driver has selected the proper key fob (if I understand other notes in the forum, the seat position on entry returns to the position of it was in when the same remote entry key fob was used).
My wife is 5'2" and I am 6'2". Sometimes I get in the car and the seat tries to crush me against the steering wheel :-\ (I presume because I picked up the remote entry key fob she used last).
When my wife gets in the car she's so far from the steering wheel that she almost can't reach it ;)
The dealer told me that the early Enclaves (mine was delivered in late December) could have the exit position set by pressing the middle button (between the 1 & 2 setting positions) and holding it just like setting #'s1 & 2. I'm not sure it ever worked that way but mine does not.
Thanks,
Wetash
Did you get two Remotes with your Enclave or did you have to buy an extra ?? I only received One.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
rocketman said:
Did you get two Remotes with your Enclave or did you have to buy an extra ?? I only received One.
Are you serious? All my vehicles, including the Enclave, have come with 2 remotes.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Two for me

·
Registered
2,853 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks Guys.......I'll check it out !
I've always received 2 also, but I just figured GM was cutting back on expense. The 2nd set of Keys was just that. KEYS.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Even the Outlooks and Aura's from Saturn came with two fobs. Sounds like the dealer lost one of yours and hoped you wouldn't notice. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts