EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else is having their driver side mirror not working properly. When I go to fold it in, the driver side mirror just clicks, like it is stuck. I will say sometimes it works fine, then other times it sticks and doesn't move at all. It just makes noise. Also I thought the mirrors could be folded independently, but seems like when I press the passenger side mirror to fold in, both mirrors will fold in. any thoughts? ???

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The noise you hear is a misaligned gear/motor, inside the mirror housing! may just be a simple adjustment at dealer? Don't continue to use, even though it works sometimes, as you may be wearing down some gears?

Yes, both auto fold together. Sorry.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you only use the power function to fold or do you sometimes fold it in manually?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Lux pkg. I've tried both power and manual. when trying manual for driver side, i don't force it as I don't want to damage further. passenger side folds rather easy with power and/or manual.
as time permits, i'll take to dealer for them to look at, hopefully it isn't anything to difficult to fix.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I always thought that folding power mirrors manually forces gears to mesh in an abnormal and strained way. I know they will do it in case of an errant pedestrian, but assumed you should always POWER fold them so gears/motors work properly.

Kinda like not blocking the power hatch upon closing. The safety disengages the hatch, but it doesn't sound like something you want to do every day?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts