EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem of having to continually adjust their driver's mirror?
I've got a 2013 and I've got the feature to have the mirrors tilt downwards when in reverse turned off. My driver's mirror has to be adjusted to raise the view probably every 4 or 5 door closures (and no, I'm not slamming it in any abnormal sort of way). I had it in for it's first oil change and they ordered in a whole new mirror motor unit which they replaced about a week later when it came in.... The same problem persists....just wondering if this is common or not? I guess I'll have them look at it again next time I'm in for anything...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,907 Posts
limbery said:
Has anyone else had a problem of having to continually adjust their driver's mirror?
I've got a 2013 and I've got the feature to have the mirrors tilt downwards when in reverse turned off. My driver's mirror has to be adjusted to raise the view probably every 4 or 5 door closures (and no, I'm not slamming it in any abnormal sort of way). I had it in for it's first oil change and they ordered in a whole new mirror motor unit which they replaced about a week later when it came in.... The same problem persists....just wondering if this is common or not? I guess I'll have them look at it again next time I'm in for anything...
I had thought it was my imagination until a couple of times doing the same thing on my '08. But I haven't had any more issues with it for a while. I am sure you are indicating that when you put it in reverse, the mirrors tilt down then put it into drive and the mirrors return up, to a preset position and they don't quite get to where they should be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,907 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I've not had this issue. Perhaps your mirror is loose?
Do you mean from the back mounting plate?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
Maybe? I really am not quite sure what I mean, since I am not sure what parts can loosen up in the mirror assembly. But, perhaps something is loose somewhere, which might lead to your mirror's symptoms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
limbery said:
Has anyone else had a problem of having to continually adjust their driver's mirror?
I've got a 2013 and I've got the feature to have the mirrors tilt downwards when in reverse turned off. My driver's mirror has to be adjusted to raise the view probably every 4 or 5 door closures (and no, I'm not slamming it in any abnormal sort of way). I had it in for it's first oil change and they ordered in a whole new mirror motor unit which they replaced about a week later when it came in.... The same problem persists....just wondering if this is common or not? I guess I'll have them look at it again next time I'm in for anything...
Thanks for your post. We would definitely like to remain updated on this concern. I have also documented what you have described for review. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to send us a message. Here to help!

Best,

William R. (assisting Jennifer & Jessica)
Buick Customer Care
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cfedor said:
I had thought it was my imagination until a couple of times doing the same thing on my '08. But I haven't had any more issues with it for a while. I am sure you are indicating that when you put it in reverse, the mirrors tilt down then put it into drive and the mirrors return up, to a preset position and they don't quite get to where they should be?
No I have my tilt function turned off so the mirror is supposed to stay where it's at all the time....it just shakes down after a few door closings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GoldEnclave said:
Maybe? I really am not quite sure what I mean, since I am not sure what parts can loosen up in the mirror assembly. But, perhaps something is loose somewhere, which might lead to your mirror's symptoms.
Well as I said, the dealer's solution was to replace the whole motor....to no avail... It's not a big crucial issue, I'll just take it back when I'm due for service again, or in need of something else...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
I also seem to recall that there was a post about a sideview mirror not keeping its setting or not moving smoothly (not sure which), and the issue was remedied by reprogramming the mirror. Unfortunately, I do not remember the details, and I can't find the post or thread. Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
Hi limbery,

Please let me know if further assistance is needed, or you would like me to schedule an appointment for you!

Jessica
Buick Customer Care

limbery said:
Well as I said, the dealer's solution was to replace the whole motor....to no avail... It's not a big crucial issue, I'll just take it back when I'm due for service again, or in need of something else...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,907 Posts
limbery said:
No I have my tilt function turned off so the mirror is supposed to stay where it's at all the time....it just shakes down after a few door closings.
Hum, Thanks for the clarification that makes sense, But why it is doing that doesn't make sense... ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
This may seem stupid, but are you sure somebody is not bumping the memory switches when they grab the door handle? Maybe it keeps moving from Memory 1 to Memory 2 or (vice-versa).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sklunk said:
This may seem stupid, but are you sure somebody is not bumping the memory switches when they grab the door handle? Maybe it keeps moving from Memory 1 to Memory 2 or (vice-versa).
For sure that's not the case...I'm the only one who's been driving it and haven't changed or touched any memory switches...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,825 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I've not had this issue. Perhaps your mirror is loose?
Nor do I because we have CX's.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,164 Posts
CX refers to the base model trim level for the 2008-2011 Enclaves. These did not have the option for the power tilting side view mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GoldEnclave said:
CX refers to the base model trim level for the 2008-2011 Enclaves. These did not have the option for the power tilting side view mirrors.
Oh...so are the mirrors not powered, or only powered but without the auto tilt feature?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GoldEnclave said:
They are powered, but do not have the power tilt feature.
...so maybe it has to do with the tilt mechanism....It doesn't go down as far as it would when the tilt is on...it just gradually drops due to normal vibration of driving and the door opening and closing a couple of times....and only as far as to need to be moved back up a bit....maybe I should leave it and see just how far it will continue to tilt downwards before it stops.....
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
6 Participants
Limbery
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top