EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2015 Enclave with a drivers window that doesn't work. I have tried replacing motor, and that did not solve the issue, and the new motor was in the lowered position. It was suggested that the switch assembly was bad, so I bought a new one of those, and swapped it out. New switch wouldn't control and windows, lock doors, or control mirrors, returned bought a second one from GM, same problem controls nothing.
Anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem?

·
Registered
323 Posts
You’ve checked fuses and relays?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have a 2015 Enclave with a drivers window that doesn't work. I have tried replacing motor, and that did not solve the issue, and the new motor was in the lowered position. It was suggested that the switch assembly was bad, so I bought a new one of those, and swapped it out. New switch wouldn't control and windows, lock doors, or control mirrors, returned bought a second one from GM, same problem controls nothing.
Anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem?
Always start with the expensive parts first. If you would have started with the switches you should listen a for click. If you here the click the switch is not bad. No click then you check fuses and relays. If they are good then the motor is next suspect. Need to find a way to test the motors work. If they do, short in wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always start with the expensive parts first. If you would have started with the switches you should listen a for click. If you here the click the switch is not bad. No click then you check fuses and relays. If they are good then the motor is next suspect. Need to find a way to test the motors work. If they do, short in wiring.
The switch does “click” when button is pushed, but no movement in window. Tried motor assembly, but new assembly didn’t work either, and is in the lowered position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Inexpensive parts first not expensive, sorry about that. Clarification, you should hear an electrical click that seems to come from somewhere else other than door switch. Also in dark conditions turn on an overhead light and it should slightly dim when you activate window switch. Check window relays, exchange with a similar relay you that works. You said nothing about checking fuses and relays. Check fuses carefully sometimes hard to see break. If your self diagnostics fail, bite the bullet and seek pro help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts