EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that some of us are lucky enough to have our cars, maybe we need a thread on experiences while driving. ???

I have noticed that the transmission is, what I would call "loose". If you are facing down any sort of hill, Reverse will NOT hold the 'Clave in position! You must keep your foot on the brake until you give it enough gas to back up the hill.

In the same vein, the 'Clave will move a foot or so after you stop and place it in Park on any grade. Be careful not to exit until it comes to rest!

Hope this will help avoid any mishaps :wine:

·
Registered
525 Posts
laurico said:
Now that some of us are lucky enough to have our cars, maybe we need a thread on experiences while driving. ???

I have noticed that the transmission is, what I would call "loose". If you are facing down any sort of hill, Reverse will NOT hold the 'Clave in position! You must keep your foot on the brake until you give it enough gas to back up the hill.

In the same vein, the 'Clave will move a foot or so after you stop and place it in Park on any grade. Be careful not to exit until it comes to rest!

Hope this will help avoid any mishaps :wine:
Take my advice and use the parking brake when parking on a hill, and engage it before you take your foot off of the regular brake. Using the transmission for a brake can lead to heartache with any vehicle.

·
Registered
743 Posts
jacko said:
Take my advice and use the parking brake when parking on a hill, and engage it before you take your foot off of the regular brake. Using the transmission for a brake can lead to heartache with any vehicle.
That's good advice. My wife parked on a hill once and couldn't get it out of park. She had to call for help.

R

·
0 Posts
rocketman said:
That's good advice. My wife parked on a hill once and couldn't get it out of park. She had to call for help.
the other thing is, that in park there is only a tiny pin holding it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
OK this is as fresh as they say the bread is at Subway :p

I and bunch of buddies at work went to lunch this afternoon. One wanted to see how the 3rd row folds into the floor so for demonstration, i hit the liftgate button while it was going up, i sneaked under it and pulled the lever of the seat, suddenly one of my friends started screaming the hatch... the hatch its gonna hit... good that he was standing right there, he held it from hitting one of low beams in the parking garage it was right above it and was going to put a nice scratch on the hatch.

There you go, be careful opening it in garage, I guess someone has already mentioned this in another thread.

Regardless of the vehicle you are driving, always use parking brake.... it is for "Parking"

R

·
0 Posts
you know what else you should do is watch your doors when parking enxt to other cars, they eather open a little or all the way, make sure little kids dont just fling the doors open.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
coop said:
OK this is as fresh as they say the bread is at Subway :p

I and bunch of buddies at work went to lunch this afternoon. One wanted to see how the 3rd row folds into the floor so for demonstration, i hit the liftgate button while it was going up, i sneaked under it and pulled the lever of the seat, suddenly one of my friends started screaming the hatch... the hatch its gonna hit... good that he was standing right there, he held it from hitting one of low beams in the parking garage it was right above it and was going to put a nice scratch on the hatch.

There you go, be careful opening it in garage, I guess someone has already mentioned this in another thread.

Regardless of the vehicle you are driving, always use parking brake.... it is for "Parking"

We put rubber strip of molding (like they sell to put on your bumpers) on inside, bottom edge of our garage door. If we open the hatch w/ the Enclave not pulled forward enough, the hatch hit the doors lower edge enough to scratch, but not enougfh to auto-reverse from pressure.(the door doesn't go up/open enough to clear the nice big, high hatch opening!) This rubber will save my marriage ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts