EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Enclave daytime running light on both sides are not working. I thought the bulbs were burned out, I replaced both, did not bother to check them since they are blackened. But new ones did not work either, I pulled the sockets from the harness, there is no 12V on the harness plug ends.

I replaced the relay in the electric box under the hood, nothing happens, I checked the fuse under the dash by passenger side wheel well, the fuse is fine. I found a schematic on this site, there is a rectangular box marked as "Fuse Block-Underhood", "X1, X2, 66, 69, 5 and 20" marked as connection point.

Anyone knows which fuse block is this one marked for? There is no DRL marked fuse underhood, the only DRL fuse is the one under the passenger side dash (15A) which is fine. Did I miss something or I was looking at the wrong schematic? the schematic was for 2009 Acadia which I believe it has the same wiring.

The DRL came on once when I was playing with the switch, but when I restart the engine, the DRL went off again, no matter how I try the switch again. (all other lights are working fine) Anyone who had a problem like this before? I searched the switch p/n on Rockauto website, the Acadia or Traverse has a different switch? So far I found 25822152 and 15207982 for Buick, 20919451 for Traverse, 22899574 and 20919452 for Acadia. Any comments?

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Thinking out loud....

are the Enclave DRLs the amber lights?

or the headlights. (do you have the HID lamps?).

Maybe the light sensor on the dash is bad-- and it thinks its night time and turns on headlights- and no DRLs

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Driving Running Lamps are the bottom bumper lamps, next to the orange reflector. The fuse is under the glove box 10A or 15A.

The orange lamp on top of the headlamp ass'y, is a parking lamp. Then the HID headlamp, then the orange turn signal.

Hope this picture helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DRL is the one next to the fog light on the lower bumper section. I tried use manual mode on the switch to turn on all the lights, everything works except the DRL. I checked that fuse (15A) under the passenger dash (by the way, I would like to meet that person who designed this fuse box location, I want make sure this person will never reproduce another stupid off spring like he or she was). ;D

Anyone thought that could be from the switch itself?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Humphrey said:
The DRL is the one next to the fog light on the lower bumper section. I tried use manual mode on the switch to turn on all the lights, everything works except the DRL. I checked that fuse (15A) under the passenger dash (by the way, I would like to meet that person who designed this fuse box location, I want make sure this person will never reproduce another stupid off spring like he or she was). ;D

Anyone thought that could be from the switch itself?
Agreed on that fuse block location! I do not believe that the switch has a manual override for the DRL. If during the daytime that it comes on, and you manually turn the headlamps or parking lights on, then the DRL goes off. I know that you can have the DRL's on, and the fog lights together. But not the DRL and headlamps. At least that has been my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After extensive research I stumbled upon that, LED bulbs supposedly have polarities and that if you insert them one way they work and the other way they wont.

Solution: pull your LED bulb out of the socked, turn it 180 degrees and insert it back into the socket.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
After extensive research I stumbled upon that, LED bulbs supposedly have polarities and that if you insert them one way they work and the other way they wont.

Solution: pull your LED bulb out of the socked, turn it 180 degrees and insert it back into the socket.

Oh my. If I had only known that you were putting LED's....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my. If I had only known that you were putting LED's....
Ok, I hope y'all come.back to this thread because my DRL's are in the same spot. On the lower bumper with the fog lamps. '09 CXL. My drivers side DRL stopped functioning this morning, and I can't find anything about the replacement bulbs, or how to gain access to them. I am really hoping it's not going to be a major PITA like it was to change the HID headlamps or be such an expense! $100+ for one bulb is insane, and they don't recommend you change them yourself and want you to go to a Buick dealership to have it done. No, thank you! The dealership wanted to charge nearly $500 for bulbs and labor! Anyhow, any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I hope y'all come.back to this thread because my DRL's are in the same spot. On the lower bumper with the fog lamps. '09 CXL. My drivers side DRL stopped functioning this morning, and I can't find anything about the replacement bulbs, or how to gain access to them. I am really hoping it's not going to be a major PITA like it was to change the HID headlamps or be such an expense! $100+ for one bulb is insane, and they don't recommend you change them yourself and want you to go to a Buick dealership to have it done. No, thank you! The dealership wanted to charge nearly $500 for bulbs and labor! Anyhow, any help would be appreciated!
check this out

six philips screws and you are done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts