EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
When I went to go get in my truck this morning I noticed it had a flat tire. So, not wanting to be late for work I took the wife's 2012 enclave. I had to put a an ID card on the dash for work and when I went around a corner it slid across the dash and disappeared down into the defroster vent. (Insert laughter here)

Needless to say, I would like to get the ID back without tearing apart the dash. I figured I'd ask before I go through the hassle of getting a new ID.

Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Perhaps you could stick a line of double sided tape to a narrow strip of thin cardboard and try to slip it down the gap in the dashboard to get the ID card to stick to it and pull it back out. Phew...pardon the run on sentence.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Perhaps you could stick a line of double sided tape to a narrow strip of thin cardboard and try to slip it down the gap in the dashboard to get the ID card to stick to it and pull it back out. Phew...pardon the run on sentence.
My thoughts exactly. Can you see the ID thru the windshield down inside the vent? That could give you an idea what side it is on or how deep it is in there. I'd stand on one of the front tires and use a flashlight to look down inside it from the outside of the windshield.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
when working under the hood, a telescoping magnet is invaluable...I dropped a nice SK wrench a couple of weeks ago and thought :banghead: am I gonna have to remove all the underside covering to get it? Nope, my trusty magnet got it...I know it won't work in this case....I'd be concerned if it messes up the hvac controls as those modules seem to fail early...

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Any update?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing